IGNORED

HSC - Holiday Triple Pack w/ Bonus Game

Rickster8

26 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Ice Trek

16630  Skill #1

mame, intellivision controller

icetrk5.thumb.png.f71ed79cee410b218f4c00ea8ca9f637.png

You broke the world record on Twin Galaxies. Dude I have to ask, howcome you aren't on that site??? ?

You are breaking records all the time!!!! ?

The level 1 record on Twin Galaxies is 14,260. Your skiing skills alone would get you 25-30 records..... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

You broke the world record on Twin Galaxies. Dude I have to ask, howcome you aren't on that site??? ?

You are breaking records all the time!!!! ?

The level 1 record on Twin Galaxies is 14,260. 

I agree with Rick...mr_me, you should be breaking lots of records on Twin Galaxies!!

• Like 1

My scores are all documented here, they're official as far as I'm concerned.  The ice trek world record is over 34k, I'm not even half of that.  I tied the skiing downhill world record, not sure if that can be beaten. Skiing records at lower slopes are really meaningless.  You guys probably didn't have the skiing cartridge as kids otherwise you'd be challenging for records too.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mr_me said:

My scores are all documented here, they're official as far as I'm concerned.  The ice trek world record is over 34k, I'm not even half of that.  I tied the skiing downhill world record, not sure if that can be beaten. Skiing records at lower slopes are really meaningless.  You guys probably didn't have the skiing cartridge as kids otherwise you'd be challenging for records too.

Well, you are definitely a talented Intellivision player. Rick and I think if you were to record videos of your scores, you could claim several world records on Twin Galaxies. Just gotta take that extra step to do it. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I had the skiing cart as a kid, but I maxed out in the HSC (35.4 downhill). I should have had 106 on the slalom but I brainfarted on a great run and missed the final gate, but that still wasn't even close to your times. And I agree, for some reason Twin Galaxies felt the need to put every single slope on both courses up so this one dude got all 30 records which is stupid.... You also have to have pristine discs to do superbly in skiing I think. 

33 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I agree they are documented, but this site while fun, isn't recognized as 'world records'..... Twin Galaxies is.... You would SMOKE alot of the records there, no doubt.....

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

There are obviously records on twin galaxies that are not world records.  Just as olympic records are not necessarily world records.

I think the control problem with skiing is more the programming than the physical controller.  You have to be both good and lucky to get that downhill time.  Lucky in that you get a run without a control glitch.  The slalom course is longer so a glitch is inevitable.  I have that record by a fair margin.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There are obviously records on twin galaxies that are not world records.  Just as olympic records are not necessarily world records.

I think the control problem with skiing is more the programming than the physical controller.  You have to be both good and lucky to get that downhill time.  Lucky in that you get a run without a control glitch.  The slalom course is longer so a glitch is inevitable.  I have that record by a fair margin.

Yes and I hate the term 'world record' because it implies that you have the best score 'in the world', but that usually isn't the case..... Maybe if someone said I have the Twin Galaxies record it would be more palatable..... 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickster8 said:

Yes and I hate the term 'world record' because it implies that you think you have the best score 'in the world', but that usually isn't the case..... Maybe if someone said I have the Twin Galaxies record it would be more palatable..... 

I agree with that. There may be people out there that are incredible at these games but never recorded any videos of them and don’t submit scores to any site. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

In a lot of cases the twin galaxies record is the world record but not so in ice trek or thin ice.  Unless there is some way to exploit faults in those games we're not aware of.

Yes but there are many exceptions.... Just looking at the games from Season 13...

You beat the Star Strike 'world record' at TG, not sure what level.

Your Vectron record SMASHED the 'world record' on TG

Astrosmash, Biff would crush whatever is there on TG

You tied the downhill record and SMASHED the slalom 'world record' in Skiing

I currently have the Maze A Tron record on TG but it's at the disc level

I currently have the Dracula records on TG, but Matt has a higher medium level score here

Matt's River Raid score here beats the 'world record' on TG

Matt's Dreadnaught Factor scores here are the best I've seen

Biff's Frog Bog score is the best I've ever seen, 660 I believe?

Spartan's Deadly Disc score here beats the 'world record' at TG

Matt's Worm Whomper score here beats the 'world record' at TG

Matt has the Shark Shark record at TG

Biff's course 1 and my course 2 times in Auto Racing SMASH the 'world records' at TG

I have the Space Armada record at TG. 

I see you are a big Space Hawk guy, the world record at TG is 13 million+, the guy played it for 17 hours straight..... ?

• Like 1

If you want to prove yourself at intellivision the place to do it is now the atariage HSC, thanks to you guys.  And I know there are some top players here that aren't even playing.

Space Hawk is a marathon game; and pausing is not allowed with world records.  Unfortunately, I can only play short games.  Maybe one day I'll go for the space hawk and deadly discs records.  Wasn't sure about thin ice and ice trek but it turns out the play time is short and works for me.

• Like 1

My Ice Trek Update: My 'PB' so far.... Hahahahaha :)

I was a few hairs away from completing the 4th ice bridge....  By the way, that's where Vali ALWAYS dies. He either freezes his ass off or falls in the water to an icy death, but make no mistake this is ALWAYS the screen where he buys the farm... ?

ICETREK(10490)HTP.jpg.81bb83fa9ab5ee17cae1fdbc4f220790.jpg

• Haha 2

Winter Games Update: (Updated thru post #89)

Christmas Carol:

961 - popsicle

726 - IntyFanMatt

705 - Rickster8

606 - gar0u

145 - jblenkle

Thin Ice:

149,170 - mr_me

44,050 - gar0u

22,150 - IntyFanMatt

15,250 - Rickster8

10,100 - fakecortex

7,800 - popsicle

7,000 - Player One

5,920 - jblenkle

4,540 - Biffman

Ice Trek:

16,630 - mr_me

10,490 - Rickster8

7,260 - popsicle 

4,200 - gar0u

2,030 - jblenkle

970 - fakecortex

Hockey Bonus Game:

+32 - Rickster8

+27 - mr_me

+17 - popsicle

+1  - IntyFanMatt

• Thanks 1

Winter Games FINAL Update: 

Christmas Carol:

961 - popsicle [+13][+2]

726 - IntyFanMatt [+12]

705 - Rickster8 [+11]

--------------------------

606 - gar0u [+9]

482 - fakecortex [+8]

145 - jblenkle [+7]

Thin Ice:

149,170 - mr_me [+13][+2]

44,050 - gar0u [+12]

22,150 - IntyFanMatt [+11]

-------------------------

15,250 - Rickster8 [+9]

10,100 - fakecortex [+8]

7,800 - popsicle [+7]

7,000 - Player One [+6]

5,920 - jblenkle [+5]

4,540 - Biffman [+4]

Ice Trek:

16,630 - mr_me [+13][+2]

10,490 - Rickster8 [+12]

7,260 - popsicle [+11]

-------------------------

4,200 - gar0u [+9]

2,030 - jblenkle [+8]

1,530 - Player One [+7]

970 - fakecortex [+6]

Hockey Bonus Game:

+44 - mr_me [+7][+3][+1]

+35 - Rickster8 [+6]

+17 - popsicle [+5]

+1  - IntyFanMatt [+4]

TOTAL POINTS TO FOLLOW!!!

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1

THE FIRST ANNUAL HOLIDAY TRIPLE PACK HAS FINISHED AND MR_ME IS THE WINNER!!! CONGRATS MR_ME!!!!

Way To Go Good Job GIF by Dirty Bandits

TOTAL POINTS BREAKDOWN!!!

41 -  MR_ME

38 -  POPSICLE

38 -  RICKSTER8

30 -  GAR0U

27 -  INTYFANMATT

22 -  FAKECORTEX

20 -  JBLENKLE

13 -  PLAYER ONE

4  -  BIFFMAN

UP NEXT IS SEASON 14 OF THE HSC WHICH WILL START EITHER SUNDAY JANUARY 17TH OR SUNDAY JANUARY 24TH. DETAILS TO FOLLOW!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!!! 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Christmas Carol- awesome music, cute cutscenes (on Intellivision what?!), cool text effects- very impressive homebrew.

Christmas Carol- 482

1095985966_ChristmasCarol(2011)2020-12-3116_32_24.thumb.png.f49f8a685ce309e8ac42fc6ff22c639e.png

And happy new year everyone!

Thanks!  That's an awesome score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1