Tanooki

Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection - Switch Feb 25 2021!

The boss are long indeed, but in a sense I found them easier - for instance I beat the one from the "second" first level (the one based on Ghouls 'n Ghosts first level) on my second try (and I didn't have my full armour on the first). At least they have patterns and they are not as random as the enemy spawning and items during the rest of the levels.

7 hours ago, Daj said:

Well I started on Squire because I thought I'd familiarize myself with the game before trying the hard modes. Joke's on me, because yep it's already hard mode, even though it takes like five hits before you die. The boss fights in particular are way longer, harder and more elaborate than the old games. Gotta love how the UI throw little popups at you with hints and encouragement and "handholding" while the game itself beats you to death and laughs at you.

GAME: Congratulations, you're halfway through this boss fight! Don't give up!

ME: Halfway?! *gives up*

What I've seen of the game seems to be a mix of remade settings/monsters from the first two games plus a whole lot of new stuff. I thought it would feel a little more like a remake of the original in that sense like e.g. Wii Punch-Out.

I like all the weapons so far... it's not like Super GnG where 70% of the "power-ups" are basically a death sentence...

Seems about right, I hadn't seen any begging help popups yet though.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to lay any hits down on the red arremer at all in stage 1 (Ghosts remaster) at the top of that hill.  If you face him or not, any projectile goes his way he moves faster than it does which was really aggravating.  I ended up brute forcing my way beyond the jerk down the hill and over that river bit to the next area before I could get roasted.

It really is a nasty game, and yeah it's amusing it gives you a smile before stabbing you basically in its helpful but not approach.  I don't know if I'd dare even call what it does handholding, but like a casual popup which is no more helpful than taking a quick glance at a gamefaq.  You still have to suffer through it, not like some others where you're invisible for a stretch or get super juiced to just stomp through unaffected.

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Seems about right, I hadn't seen any begging help popups yet though.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to lay any hits down on the red arremer at all in stage 1 (Ghosts remaster) at the top of that hill.  If you face him or not, any projectile goes his way he moves faster than it does which was really aggravating.  I ended up brute forcing my way beyond the jerk down the hill and over that river bit to the next area before I could get roasted.

There's a secret passage just before the Red Arremer, opened by the falling tombstone, that allows you to skip him - if you survive 20 secs of either flying knights or zombies. But it's doable, esp. with magic.

Well I did get a couple of those fairies so I was able to unlock the level one flame wall and lightning, probably would clear that well enough.  Even if you can skip the thing, it's not like the only one in the game so it still makes you wonder what works.