IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

After 10-11 years of dreaming, mine is out for delivery today!!!  Suprisingly with the mail being so slow, it got from Oregon to Ohio a LOT quicker than I anticipated, even without the slow down.  Merry Christmas!!  Thank you Fred!!  Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Another Dumb Question:?  Will the Concerto work on a stock Atari 2600 with the Harmony Encore firmware?

I apologize in advance if this was already addressed. 

Thanks!

The Concerto is a 7800 cartridge, so it has a wider connector with more contacts.  It can't physically plug into a 2600.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Another Dumb Question:?  Will the Concerto work on a stock Atari 2600 with the Harmony Encore firmware?

Thanks!

I don't think so - 7800 carts have a different (physically wider, more pins) cartridge PCB edge connector as compared to 2600 carts. There are 8 more pins - two more pads on either side, front and back. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Thanks!

As said, the Concerto won’t plug into a 2600.

If someone made an adapter kind of like the Lock-on 2600 to convert the 7800 card edge to fit into a 2600, then theoretically it could work, but no such adapter exists that I know of. 

• Thanks 1

Got it in mail yesterday.  Worked till 1030PM, so Did not get to try it till this morning.   Took forever to find the RF plug.  Wrote the SD Card.  No dice.  Tried another SD Card and struck gold!  This thing ROCKS!!  Version .92 firmware!!  Thank you Fred!!  Merry Christmas!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

I look forward to getting mine hopefully soon, as I hear Fred is focusing on those who reserved theirs, it should be easy as it's only going from Portland up I-5 to here in Port Townsend, I'll let you guys know when I get mine. Thanks Fred (and @CPUWIZ)!!! Happy Holidays!!! :) 

What? I think he's focusing on THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PAID FOR SOME OF THE ONES HE ALREADY PUT ON THE SITE. The Reservation list will come after that. And BTW< a number of us who actually paid still don't have shipment info so just cool your jets, man.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

What? I think he's focusing on THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PAID FOR SOME OF THE ONES HE ALREADY PUT ON THE SITE. The Reservation list will come after that. And BTW< a number of us who actually paid still don't have shipment info so just cool your jets, man.

Hope so. Glad i'm not the only one still waiting. I thought they were ready to ship when listed and somehow I fell through the cracks... Hoping it arrives before Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Gandor said:

I ordered mine also on the 9th and just got an email that it was shipped.

Excellent! Great to hear. I think everyone needs to be patient, this isn't Amazon. I also successfully ordered on the 9th (score!) and still waiting for a ship notice, but fully realize this is a handmade product made by a hobbyist so it may take a bit. I'm just grateful to all the folks part of the AtariAge scene who enable me reliving my Atari-fueled youth.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MrZarniwoop said:

Excellent! Great to hear. I'm just grateful to all the folks part of the AtariAge scene who enable me reliving my Atari-fueled youth.

Myself as well.

I'm proud to have been an Atarian since summer 1982 (I got my original 5200 for my 17th Birthday, May 19, 1983) and nowadays, especially with the pandemic hitting (almost) all of us, I'm even more proud than ever, and am even proud to currently own all 4 major platforms of cartridge-based systems (2600, 5200, 7800, and 65XE/XEGS). And during my current time of being a (temporary) shut-in, due to my 2002 Beetle being down with a short in the electrical system, my units have kept me busy and well-occupied (and from going completely nuts), and being an Atarian right now is the BEST method in this day and age of "social distancing" I (or perhaps many of you as well) can highly recommend to all of you at this time.

Just reserved mine.

3 multicarts down (Intellivison, 2600 and 7800), only 4 to go (Colecovision, 5200, N64 and Genesis) -- until I start making googly-eyes at the O2 and TI-99/4A again, or finally get a Vectrex. 

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe page! :D

Edited by bikeguychicago
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bikeguychicago said:

Just reserved mine.

3 multicarts down (Intellivison, 2600 and 7800), only 4 to go (Colecovision, 5200, N64 and Genesis) -- until I start making googly-eyes at the O2 and TI-99/4A again, or finally get a Vectrex. 

IScamYou

4 hours ago, bikeguychicago said:

Just reserved mine.

Atari 8-bit, NES, SNES