IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

8 hours ago, bikeguychicago said:

Just reserved mine.

3 multicarts down (Intellivison, 2600 and 7800), only 4 to go (Colecovision, 5200, N64 and Genesis) -- until I start making googly-eyes at the O2 and TI-99/4A again, or finally get a Vectrex. 

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe page! :D

This will join my VecFlash and Jaguar Skunk Board. All I really want after this one is one for a ColecoVision and maybe the NES. The Concerto is the one to have for me.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but the status is now saying "in transit - delayed- your items will be arriving later than planned."

the only transit checkin it has listed is he initial acceptance at the PO in Oregon. I'm in Massachusetts. I think my Concerto just died of dysentery on the reverse Oregon Trail.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Hey Fred - any word on the 12/9 orders going on yet? Just want to make sure I haven't missed an email or deleted something by accident. Sorry to bug you. 

Some 12/9 carts have gone out but not all yet. I am working on getting the SD card fixes validated before the next batch ships so that the Concertos will work with cards people already have. Menu version 0.95 includes these fixes and it has been tested on my end, but am waiting on independent evaluation before I ship any carts with the newest firmware. So they will start shipping again by tomorrow.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, slx said:

Is there anything to be considered when using the Concerto for a PAL 7800 other than using PAL ROMs? As the Harmony worked like a charm on PAL I always assumed that would be true for Concerto as well.

No special considerations. The menu works with both PAL and NTSC so there is just one firmware for both.

3 hours ago, batari said:

Some 12/9 carts have gone out but not all yet. I am working on getting the SD card fixes validated before the next batch ships so that the Concertos will work with cards people already have. Menu version 0.95 includes these fixes and it has been tested on my end, but am waiting on independent evaluation before I ship any carts with the newest firmware. So they will start shipping again by tomorrow.

Thank you for the update.

20 hours ago, Lectronimo said:

Mine was supposed to be delivered today also. Was accepted in Oregon a week ago and said it was on schedule for delivery in Arizona today. The status did change today but now it's in Washington near Seattle, so it took a detour north. Grrrrr. Reverse Oregon trail for real!

Same thing here.  Salem to Portland Metro via Tacoma, WA.  I could have walked down and picked it up from Batari directly in less time.  Here's hoping for Christmas Eve delivery!

On 12/21/2020 at 10:24 PM, John Stamos Mullet said:

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but the status is now saying "in transit - delayed- your items will be arriving later than planned."

the only transit checkin it has listed is he initial acceptance at the PO in Oregon. I'm in Massachusetts. I think my Concerto just died of dysentery on the reverse Oregon Trail.

Mine went to Kent, WA for a day yesterday, and then somehow magically made it from there to my house in less than 12 hours. The USPS works in mysterious ways.

• Like 1

I received my Concerto today. I Installed a Pokey and then updated to the .95 firmware as soon as I opened the package.

It passed all the RAM tests and works flawlessly on my A1/w Expansion port, UAV S-Video modded 7800 with an older Transend 32GB SD Card.

I also have a LHE modded A3, and a bone stock A1/wo Expansion port systems. I plan to test it out on those in the next couple days and will report any issues in the firmware thread.

Thanks again for this awesome hardware Batari!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 5l4k3r said:

I received my Concerto today. I Installed a Pokey and then updated to the .95 firmware as soon as I opened the package.

Hmm. So no issues upgrading with the POKEY installed? I kept getting an error and had to remove mine, then it completed just fine.

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Hmm. So no issues upgrading with the POKEY installed? I kept getting an error and had to remove mine, then it completed just fine.

I tried it for grins and giggles and was ready to remove the Pokey if needed... It updated while installed no problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

You likely have one of the earlier carts with that issue.  Fred mentioned fixing the issue with newer carts that went out.  5l4k3r just recently receiving his cart, already has one with the fix in place. 

Fred also related, "...for the small number of carts out there without the fix, there are plans to improve the Harmony programming software to work around the communication issue. For now, though, try removing the POKEY, do the update then reinsert."

15 minutes ago, Trebor said:

You likely have one of the earlier carts with that issue.  Fred mentioned fixing the issue with newer carts that went out.  5l4k3r just recently receiving his cart, already has one with the fix in place. 

Fred also related, "...for the small number of carts out there without the fix, there are plans to improve the Harmony programming software to work around the communication issue. For now, though, try removing the POKEY, do the update then reinsert."

Yep, I'd read that...guess mine didn't make the cut. I've decided to leave my POKEY on the side for now. Although I always use my trusty EX-2 IC chip remover, I worry that if I continue to add/remove, I may damage a pin or two.

5 hours ago, 5l4k3r said:

It passed all the RAM tests and works flawlessly on my A1/w Expansion port, UAV S-Video modded 7800 with an older Transend 32GB SD Card.

mine is here as well.  does it run the RAM tests automatically?

• Confused 1