IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

My wife was a real dear and intercepted the mail on Tuesday, so I got to  unwrap it this morning!  Got a POKEY installed and the firmware updated to 0.95 without issue.  No problems reading an old class 4 16GB PNY SD card, and the memory test comes through clean.

Great work on this fun piece of kit, and Merry Christmas to you all.  Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go play some Joust with the kids...

• Like 8

I received my Concerto today! I updated to the .95 firmware before doing anything with it. Then I loaded Trebor's 7800 Pro Pack and fired up the cartridge. The official releases I have tried so far have all worked as expected. Loaded a few non-official games which worked as well. Then I installed a POKEY Chip and re-tested Ballblazer and Commando. The POKEY sound worked on both games, so I was happy about that. So far, the directories I created have all worked. I have not experienced any freezes. I have not loaded any 2600 games. I may just leave the 2600 games on the Harmony and Uno Cart for now instead of bloating the directories on the Concerto.

SanDisk 16GB Class-4 SD Card

UAV S-Video modded 7800 connected through RetroTink 2x Pro to HDMI

Thanks Batari for all your effort in putting out a great multi-cart!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seethransom said:

Hello, 

I own a Concerto prototype. Do I need a new version, or updated firmware?

Thanks! 

You don't need a new cart. If you send yours back I can install a couple of upgrades (a resistor for better compatibility, a logic chip with that supports POKEY at $0450, and, if needed, a 2MB EEPROM chip, though so far all I have upgraded have already had the 2MB chip.) And while I have it I can update the firmware to the latest version.

If you just want to update the firmware without the hardware upgrades, though, you can, and you will get improved reliability and game support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, batari said:

You don't need a new cart. If you send yours back I can install a couple of upgrades (a resistor for better compatibility, a logic chip with that supports POKEY at $0450, and, if needed, a 2MB EEPROM chip, though so far all I have upgraded have already had the 2MB chip.) And while I have it I can update the firmware to the latest version.

If you just want to update the firmware without the hardware upgrades, though, you can, and you will get improved reliability and game support.

I'd love to send it in. In a few days, when the mail system catches up. May I contact you via PM for details? 

6 hours ago, Cruiser133 said:

I was blown away how much easier my projects became after I bought my first Hakko. Well worth the investment. 

Yep, it's the best investment I've ever made on a tool for working with electronics. For years I used the old manual bulb suckers from Radio Crap totally ignorant to how much easier things could be with proper tool for solder removal. They are expensive but worth every red cent.

12 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Yay, my Concerto is finally moving within the USPS system, a week after I got the shipping notice. Whew. :)

503F0DD5-3B81-4EBA-81C3-CF8253124EE5.jpeg

Did Fred send you that? I didn't get tracking info, only a message from square that it shipped on the 25th... not here yet...