IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 1/7/2021 at 11:34 PM, batari said:

You should have gotten a payment confirmation, but if you want to know your place in line, send me a PM.

I initially thought I would have time to email everyone individually letting them know their place in line, but my time is probably better spent actually making carts!

ok i send now you a MP

Hey, got my Concerto today.  Tested it out and it worked great, so I decided to grab a working POKEY out of a defunct 130XE.

Unfortunately the POKEY games still don't have sound.

Is there something I need to do to enable the POKEY?  Is the XE POKEY somehow different and/or incompatible (it's labeled C012294B-01)

Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reverendshoebox said:

Hey, got my Concerto today.  Tested it out and it worked great, so I decided to grab a working POKEY out of a defunct 130XE.

Is there something I need to do to enable the POKEY?  Is the XE POKEY somehow different and/or incompatible (it's labeled C012294B-01)

Thanks.

I think all original POKEY chips should work the same. If there are incompatible variants, I haven't heard of these.

Try Ballblazer and Commando to be sure POKEY is working. If it isn't, do other carts with POKEY work, like a real Ballblazer cart? If not, there is a problem with the console. Or, some video mods say connecting POKEY audio is "optional" so maybe that wasn't done.

If it's just homebrew games with POKEY, these aren't all supported just yet, but will be in firmware updates in the near future, though some do work now and some work now with a modded binary.

6 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Also Astro Fighter has no fire button working so I can't fire any missiles on it.

Confirmed; I'm seeing the same behaviour.  The game can be started with the reset button rather than fire as the menu screen suggests, but it's a moot point since you can't shoot anything.  FWIW, this happened with both of my CX24s as well as a CX78.

BTW, when reporting stuff like this, please note if the title is a 2600 or 7800 game.  I know some of these are obvious as to which platform they're on (e.g., there's no 2600 version of Millie & Molly), but it helps to keep track.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, batari said:

I think all original POKEY chips should work the same. If there are incompatible variants, I haven't heard of these.

Try Ballblazer and Commando to be sure POKEY is working. If it isn't, do other carts with POKEY work, like a real Ballblazer cart? If not, there is a problem with the console. Or, some video mods say connecting POKEY audio is "optional" so maybe that wasn't done.

If it's just homebrew games with POKEY, these aren't all supported just yet, but will be in firmware updates in the near future, though some do work now and some work now with a modded binary.

Hey, thanks for the response.

It did not work with Ballblazer via the Concerto.  My real Ballblazer cart worked fine, so the problem isn't my system.

Tried reseating the POKEY, same result.  Guess my next step is trying the chip somewhere else to make sure I didn't somehow break it when I desoldered it, unless you have any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, reverendshoebox said:

It did not work with Ballblazer via the Concerto.

Ballblazer and Commando "*.a78" ROM files work with out-of-the-box POKEY-enhanced sound on my Concerto with POKEY chip.

Some homebrews that use POKEY-enhanced sound work for me, some don't, which sounds like a known issue being worked on. In some cases there are Concerto versions of homebrew "*.a78" ROM files that fix it too, for now.

3 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

BTW, when reporting stuff like this, please note if the title is a 2600 or 7800 game.  I know some of these are obvious as to which platform they're on (e.g., there's no 2600 version of Millie & Molly), but it helps to keep track.

When it comes to anything I post involving Concerto it will always refer to 7800 games only. I already have a Harmony Encore for my 2600 Jr. and the 2600 games on its SD card, so almost exclusively if you see any posts about any non-functioning/non-proper-functioning titles on the 7800 forums it will always refer only to 7800 titles.

32 minutes ago, J.Max said:

Mine shipped on 12/28, but I don’t have tracking and I haven’t received it. Was there something I missed in the shipment email?

PM me and I can look up the tracking. It seems some get the tracking number with the shipping notice and some don't. It's not clear why.

21 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

And now that I have all four major multicarts (Harmony Encore, Atarimax 5200 Ultimate SD, Concerto, and Ultimate Cart) I can now prepare to make that major announcement about "more content on more platforms than ever before" for The Atari Report, and I will be filming that on a Special Edition of TAR tomorrow afternoon. Introducing both the 8-bit Edition and the 7800 Editions of The Atari Report, in which the filming and airing of it will commence this weekend, the games for the inaugural episodes of each Edition TBA so stay tuned!!! I promised you guys more content on more platforms and that's exactly what you guys are gonna get, 7800 fans, your time has come!!! 

Wow, right back at it with your shit posting Ray? I hope this time it's enough you get booted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, J.Max said:

I got mine today! Haven’t had a chance to use it yet, but I’m SO excited!

Does the POKEY plug in or is there a soldering guide??

Plugs in, make sure you get it the right way round 

• Like 1

I was one of the early adopters a few years back. I didn't have much success with the Concerto and eventually sold it. 

However, I got one of the new ones yesterday, and it works great!  I put the Smokemonster 2600 and 7800 collections on an old Transcend 2GB SD card, and so far, so good.  Very pleased!

3 minutes ago, Laner said:

I was one of the early adopters a few years back. I didn't have much success with the Concerto and eventually sold it. 

However, I got one of the new ones yesterday, and it works great!  I put the Smokemonster 2600 and 7800 collections on an old Transcend 2GB SD card, and so far, so good.  Very pleased!

Wait the 2600 games work with this? I'm a real dumbass if I didn't notice this before today. 

On 1/12/2021 at 12:46 AM, reverendshoebox said:

Thanks.

I received mine today and put in a POKEY.  I had a collection of ROMs and tried Ballblazer and Commando.  Ballblazer worked, but Commando only had the generic sound which was bizarre?  Upon loading it did detect the POKEY sound for Ballblazer but not for Commando.  So at least I put the chip in correctly.

I downloaded Trebor's ROM pack and tried Commando again with the ROM in the pack.  Upon loading it detected "Supergame + POKEY" properly.  You may want to give that a try.  I've got the v0.95 firmware.  

Just checked and I had ROMs from 2006 (v2.04) initially!

@batari Thanks again! 

Edited by AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol
  • Like 1

I reserved a Concerto cart on 12/31, and just finished getting my 7800 AV modded and ready to go on a huge 36" Sony CRT TV.  Now, I'm chomping at the bit to get the Concerto cart!  Is there any way I could get an update where I am in line?  I also sent a PM a couple days ago.  Thank you, and thank you for your work on this project - it is exactly what has been needed for the 7800 for a long time!

140069194_10158272004222428_6905274514701924799_n.jpg

• Like 3