IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

Fred you had mentioned that some additional Concertos would become available after the preorders were satisfied. As a non-preorderer I continue to stalk your order page. When and if additional stock becomes available, will an announcement be made here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, weasel5053 said:

Fred you had mentioned that some additional Concertos would become available after the preorders were satisfied. As a non-preorderer I continue to stalk your order page. When and if additional stock becomes available, will an announcement be made here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, just waiting on one thing and they will be available. Hoping within a week.

• Like 10

On 6/11/2021 at 8:42 PM, batari said:

Yes, just waiting on one thing and they will be available. Hoping within a week.

This is fantastic  news!  I have been checking the ordering site at least 2 or three times a week since the winter.  However, now the question arises whether I should order as soon as the availability open up *or* if I should wait just a little longer until the HOKEY chips are ready to go?  Maybe a fully populated cartridge would be best?  I honestly do have a spare POKEY chip sitting around but I am probably more interested in having the new HOKEY technology installed, just cause.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SS said:

This is fantastic news!

+1 on that!  I missed out on the original pre-order for this way back when in December...I just don't check AtariAge as much as I should.  Lesson learned...I snooze, I lose.  I've been waiting for a 7800 multicart for several years now, so this is great news that he is making another batch!  Now, to fix my 7800 which I just plugged in last week, and appears to be dead...  ?  But I suppose that's another topic for another thread!

HOKEY question - maybe I should wait for the other thread, but I'll ask anyway...  I have several Atari arcade (coin-op) games in my collection, will the new HOKEY work with those?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

Will there be a "Concerto with a hokey installed" option?

My butter-fingers are much better at programming then soldering.

Would soldering be required?  The Concerto itself is socketed.  I would assume the HOKEY would just be a smaller PCB than the PokeyMax/One so it would fit better.

1 hour ago, leech said:

Would soldering be required?  The Concerto itself is socketed.  I would assume the HOKEY would just be a smaller PCB than the PokeyMax/One so it would fit better.

My butter fingers will probably just have me breaking both boards then!  I'm saying I'd pay extra to not ruin a weekend.

-Steve

Edited by fultonbot

6 hours ago, moparisthebest said:

I ordered a Harmony for my 2600 a couple months ago, and love it, I recently joined the 7800 club and am excited to order a Concerto, any way to get on the reservation list?

When this site's link...

https://erstwhile-technologies-7800.square.site/product/concerto-cartridge/1?cs=true

image.thumb.png.a78679f45d7ea12c2d45f62251372b59.png

...provides availability to do so.  

Currently, it does not:

image.png.a25cef5a4115a177c403e98d30cbba45.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Harmony cart for years now, but I'd like to get in on the 7800 gang, finally. I'm very interested in buying a Concerto SD Cart, but I see it's currently sold out and there's no email reservation list to sign up on. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on these forums. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am no longer doing reservations. Instead I am just opening up ordering again.

You may have noticed that the order site (https://concerto.atariage.com) has changed and there are two options on the main page now, for the pre-production and the production Concertos.

Pre-production Concerto:

I still have a handful of the pre-production Concertos and will be offering them for sale shortly, like in the next day or two. The pre-production Concertos will still be available at the sale price of $89 until they are totally gone.

Production Concerto:
The first run of production Concertos have been here for a while, and all materials are here. In a few days these will go up for sale. These are available at the regular price of $99.

Presently, production Concertos are functionally the same as their pre-production cousins. However, they use an updated circuit board that has upgradable memory. The memory can be upgraded from 512k to 1MB. As the firmware support for upgraded memory is not finished yet, all are shipped with 512k.

To upgrade the memory in a production Concerto will probably require sending it back to me, as it requires removing and installing a few soldered-on, surface mount chips.

At a later date, you will also be able to buy an already upgraded Concerto. Upgrades of existing production Concertos will be available after the firmware support for extra memory is finished.

HOKEY:

HOKEY is not yet ready for general release, only for homebrews at this time. The first HOKEYs for homebrews are currently being sent to Albert. I expect before the end of the month, the first HOKEYs will be in the hands of those who bought AtariAge homebrews with POKEY sound.

When HOKEY is ready for general release around September, you will be able to order a HOKEY along with your Concerto. Until then, Concerto will ship with an empty socket.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, batari said:

Presently, production Concertos are functionally the same as their pre-production cousins. However, they use an updated circuit board that has upgradable memory. The memory can be upgraded from 512k to 1MB. As the firmware support for upgraded memory is not finished yet, all are shipped with 512k.

What will the practical effect of the increased memory, once the firmware has been updated to support it? Will this be to support games larger than 512K eventually?

8 minutes ago, Karl G said:

What will the practical effect of the increased memory, once the firmware has been updated to support it? Will this be to support games larger than 512K eventually?

My guess is that it will allow running of ROMS that are 512K + 16K RAM and probably larger sizes up to 1mb.

My understanding is that the current 512k limit allows 512k carts but not any RAM (as everything has to fit inside the 512k the Concerto has available).