IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 9/16/2021 at 9:37 AM, scottz29 said:

The POKEY has a socket, you do not need to solder anything.  The RAM upgrade is not mandatory if you don't care about support for ROMs up to 1024K.  If you choose to upgrade it, you would need to send the cart back to Batari, as three surface mount chips would need to be soldered into place.  As far as I know, he is still working on some firmware updates before that upgrade will be ready to go.

I haven't been following too closely since I got the pre-production cart, but aren't the final production Concerto cartridges using a different PCB? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the pre-productions could be upgraded by adding RAM chips.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, batari said:

There are some production Concertos available for sale right now on https://concerto.atariage.com.

Hello. I was able to make the purchase, but I would like to ask, please, for the postage number for tracking, as shipping to Brazil is taxed, and if I do not follow up on the website and pay at the right time, the product is returned to the sender.

5 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

I haven't been following too closely since I got the pre-production cart, but aren't the final production Concerto cartridges using a different PCB? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the pre-productions could be upgraded by adding RAM chips.

That’s correct. As batari has stated in previous replies, there isn't a hardware path to upgrade the memory in pre-production units. I believe he may offer a trade-in program to upgrade to the production version, but please don’t quote me on that.

42 minutes ago, teuton17 said:

Hi Renato,

I believe that your confused. I do not make or ship the concerto cards. I mentioned to you that some were still available of you checked AtariAge. You should PM Batari, the creator of these fine carts.

Regards

I believe Renato was replying to batari’s post. 

Will RAM upgrade instructions be posted when the time comes? Not step by step, just chip numbers/positions/links changed etc.

I have SMD repair tools...  er....but I also realize there are some that would go at it with a screwdriver and blowtorch... so maybe a PM?

Could assist with testing too.

19 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Will RAM upgrade instructions be posted when the time comes? Not step by step, just chip numbers/positions/links changed etc.

I have SMD repair tools...  er....but I also realize there are some that would go at it with a screwdriver and blowtorch... so maybe a PM?

Could assist with testing too.

When the time comes there will be information available upon request for those who have the skills to do the upgrade themselves.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, batari said:

They are back in stock now :)

I just put in my order for a Concerto in a Raspberry Red shell.  I *was* going to wait around for a Hokey chip but decided that because of the current chip shortage maybe I should just get one now while the going is still good.  My question now, I guess, is how easy will it be to open up the shell and switch out the POKEY with a new Hokey once they do become available?  (I do have a spare POKEY lying around to use for the time being.)  Thanks.

5 hours ago, SS said:

I just put in my order for a Concerto in a Raspberry Red shell.  I *was* going to wait around for a Hokey chip but decided that because of the current chip shortage maybe I should just get one now while the going is still good.  My question now, I guess, is how easy will it be to open up the shell and switch out the POKEY with a new Hokey once they do become available?  (I do have a spare POKEY lying around to use for the time being.)  Thanks.

Just take out the screw and the shell should come apart pretty easily. If you are going to put in a HOKEY later, I would wait to apply the label until then.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TonySwish said:

Any chance you could put the labels up for sale or maybe an option to download?

I put mine on before realizing I wanted to add a Pokey chip.

That's why I didn't replace the screw ?

5 hours ago, garycimera1968 said:

Are there any HOKEY chips available for us lowly consumers of Concerto Carts? I still look forward to filling the empty socket in mine.

Albert is currently doing some final testing to make sure that they are compatible with all current 7800 Homebrews and Console Variations. 

I think it's been said before. Patience. Every time someone asks it pushes out the release date 4 more weeks. ;) 

Do you want a product that is rushed to market and doesn't work properly or do you want a quality well tested product?

• Like 3