IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 10/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, groundtrooper said:

Albert is currently doing some final testing to make sure that they are compatible with all current 7800 Homebrews and Console Variations. 

I think it's been said before. Patience. Every time someone asks it pushes out the release date 4 more weeks. ;) 

Do you want a product that is rushed to market and doesn't work properly or do you want a quality well tested product?

Yes? lol

Hello, I am a new Atari 7800 player.

I do not know the characteristics of the Concerto cartridge, I want to insert it into my Atari 7800, select the Rom and play.
I have seen that the purchase page is "Out of Stock".

Please, to whom it may concern, to make the purchase ... should I go in every day to see if it no longer says "out of stock"?

Thank you all.

10 minutes ago, 5200Fanatic said:

Hi - how are you guys fitting the Pokey in with the cartridge? If I put the Pokey in, the cartridge won't close.

Weird - there shouldn't be anything special in terms of fitting it.  Just make sure that all of the legs on the POKEY are properly lined up with the socket and press it in.  Double-check that everything is lined up properly; any legs sticking out one side or the other of the socket could make the case refuse to close.

Also make sure that it's in the correct orientation.  Looking at the socket with the cartridge edge connector at the bottom of the PCB, the dot on top of the POKEY should be on the left.

If it's still being a problem after giving it a double-check, take some photos and post them here.  It'd help immensely with figuring out what might be going on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5200Fanatic said:

Hi - how are you guys fitting the Pokey in with the cartridge? If I put the Pokey in, the cartridge won't close.

It took a bit of finegalaling in order to get mine in.  My POKEY pins did not line up easily with the socket and I had to very subtly adjust/bend a majority of them in order to get it in.  BE CAREFUL while doing this though!  Those pins can be very brittle; I have broken some off myself.  When you get everything aligned properly and fully inserted, the case should close snugly. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Weird - there shouldn't be anything special in terms of fitting it.  Just make sure that all of the legs on the POKEY are properly lined up with the socket and press it in.  Double-check that everything is lined up properly; any legs sticking out one side or the other of the socket could make the case refuse to close.

Also make sure that it's in the correct orientation.  Looking at the socket with the cartridge edge connector at the bottom of the PCB, the dot on top of the POKEY should be on the left.

If it's still being a problem after giving it a double-check, take some photos and post them here.  It'd help immensely with figuring out what might be going on.

It looks like I have the PokeyOne and maybe its a bit higher than the regular Pokey. 

8 hours ago, 5200Fanatic said:

It looks like I have the PokeyOne and maybe its a bit higher than the regular Pokey. 

If you are able to remove the pokey one, you can purchase a genuine pokey that will properly fit from Best Electronics. Limit is one per customer. It's easier to call and order over the phone (408-278-1070).  Just give the part number (CO12294 / 137430).

https://www.best-electronics-ca.com/custom-i.htm

IC Chip pullers are available on Amazon. 

Jonard Tools S-340 DIP/IC Insulated Spring Steel Extractor Tool, 4" Length https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B006C4BCAK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TKJD63EQX9XREF0A4HGK

Edited by Oldschool80skid

You shouldn’t need a chip puller to remove any IC from a socket. Use a small flat-blasted screwdriver - slide under one end of the chip between the bottom of the chip and the plastic cross-piece of the socket. Lift very gently just far enough to break the tension and start to move the chip up a very small amount. Repeat on the other side of the chip. Go back to the first side and repeat again. Etc. The chip will lift free after 1-2 passes on each end. I’ve been doing this technique for decades and never damaged anything. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

You shouldn’t need a chip puller to remove any IC from a socket. Use a small flat-blasted screwdriver - slide under one end of the chip between the bottom of the chip and the plastic cross-piece of the socket. Lift very gently just far enough to break the tension and start to move the chip up a very small amount. Repeat on the other side of the chip. Go back to the first side and repeat again. Etc. The chip will lift free after 1-2 passes on each end. I’ve been doing this technique for decades and never damaged anything. 

I've been using one of these to remove chips, and really like it. Same concept, but the curved end makes it easier to get leverage.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, tep392 said:

@Batari, when do you expect to have a another firmware update?  I'm hoping to see a fix for the 128K+RAM+POKEY configuration.

Or the POKEY at $450 config required for some homebrews.  

(I think I got that right …. ?)

My Concerto arrived in Ireland this morning. And the build quality is amazing. Now the question... Has anyone tried to fit  PokeyOne in to the modern clear cases? the gap around the Pokey socket on the PCB looks very tight and teh PokeyOne is wider than a standard IC so I am not sure if it will fit in. Any experience would be great if anyone has tried.

3 hours ago, CraigsBar said:

My Concerto arrived in Ireland this morning. And the build quality is amazing. Now the question... Has anyone tried to fit  PokeyOne in to the modern clear cases? the gap around the Pokey socket on the PCB looks very tight and teh PokeyOne is wider than a standard IC so I am not sure if it will fit in. Any experience would be great if anyone has tried.

The PokeyOne will not fit - I tried.

The PokeyOne will not fit - I tried.
Yeah I guessed that would be the case. So now I wonder is the pokeyone will work as to replace the 2nd pokey in my simple stereo board in my 130XE so that the 2nd pokey there can go in the Concerto.

Sent from my CPH2089 using Tapatalk