IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 10/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, jstrotha0975 said:

I guess I was lucky enough to have ordered one of these Concerto Cartridges this afternoon. How soon can I expect to get it?

They are shipping out Thursday which is technically today :) As for when you will actually get it, that depends on USPS at this point!

9 hours ago, CraigsBar said:

Yeah I guessed that would be the case. So now I wonder is the pokeyone will work as to replace the 2nd pokey in my simple stereo board in my 130XE so that the 2nd pokey there can go in the Concerto.

Sent from my CPH2089 using Tapatalk

It will work great as a second POKEY in an A8. I have one in my 1088XLD. 

3 hours ago, jstrotha0975 said:

Just got mine today, It looks very high quality. Will be a month before I get to test it. Do I need to update the firmware? Also, what 7800 roms files do I use, .bin or .a78?

All Concertos come with the latest firmware at the time you ordered. Unless a new firmware version is released before you have a chance to use it in a month, there is no need to update.

• Like 1

Concerto is back in stock. If you miss out on these, I will have more ready in a week or so. After that I may cut back a little on production (maybe half of normal) so I can have a little more time to work on Concerto firmware and on getting HOKEY released.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, batari said:

Concerto is back in stock. If you miss out on these, I will have more ready in a week or so. After that I may cut back a little on production (maybe half of normal) so I can have a little more time to work on Concerto firmware and on getting HOKEY released.

Late to the game... Can you still play with sound without the HOKEY\POKEY? I definitely want one of your HOKEY chips!

41 minutes ago, Destro 83 said:

Late to the game... Can you still play with sound without the HOKEY\POKEY? I definitely want one of your HOKEY chips!

You will be able to play any of the classic retail 7800 games with ordinary TIA sound. If you play Ballblazer, you won’t have sound at all without a POKEY/HOKEY. COMMANDO uses TIA sound for percussion sounds in the music and gunshot sounds, but you won’t have any music. POKEY homebrews won’t have sound either, of course, though any that use TIA will sound normal.

18 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

You will be able to play any of the classic retail 7800 games with ordinary TIA sound. If you play Ballblazer, you won’t have sound at all without a POKEY/HOKEY. COMMANDO uses TIA sound for percussion sounds in the music and gunshot sounds, but you won’t have any music. POKEY homebrews won’t have sound either, of course, though any that use TIA will sound normal.

Looks like I will be ok to wait for a HOKEY!

3 hours ago, slaanesh said:

Being in Australia means that this probably comes live and ready to order then I'm fast asleep. Is there a time when these get put onto the website? I mean I just checked and they seem to be all gone. :( 

I usually add them in the evening here, sometimes late evening, so in Australia that would be morning or afternoon, I would suppose?

• 2 weeks later...
I see all the HOKEY chips are sold out. I though those of us that purchased a pre-production Concerto cart would get a shot a purchasing one. Still looking to own one of these great chips.

Where do you see that Hokeys have sold out?
To my knowledge batari has not started offering them. The last two batches of Concertos have not had an option for a Hokey add on. They are all still being offered as supply your own Pokey. And they have never been listed on the ET store site.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, garycimera1968 said:

I see all the HOKEY chips are sold out. I though those of us that purchased a pre-production Concerto cart would get a shot a purchasing one. Still looking to own one of these great chips.

HOKEY has not been released yet. I have begun to set up order pages for HOKEY, though, and if you found these, it's possible they say "sold out" simply because the stock is set at zero right now.

Don't worry, I have enough parts to make thousands of HOKEYs so I am fairly sure everyone who wants one (or 10, or 100) can get them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1