IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

On 11/19/2021 at 9:43 PM, batari said:

HOKEY has not been released yet. I have begun to set up order pages for HOKEY, though, and if you found these, it's possible they say "sold out" simply because the stock is set at zero right now.

Don't worry, I have enough parts to make thousands of HOKEYs so I am fairly sure everyone who wants one (or 10, or 100) can get them.

Thank you for the update AND all the wonderful work you do!!

Hello all,

I added some inventory of Concertos.

I have also added an intentory-controlled Paypal order page for those wishing to use Paypal rather than Square.

Since Square offers me a better rate than Paypal, I slightly discounted the shipping rates for Square. You can save $1 on shipping by using Square.

There is no simple way to share inventory control between the two sites, so each currently has its own allocated inventory. Hopefully as production eventually ramps up and demand stabilizes, I will eventually be able to remove the inventory controls.

https://concerto.atariage.com/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fille1976 said:

i have a pre production special edition @batari,is there any difference with the version sold now?,i had a pokey ic lying here around,so i putted that in a socket and soldered on the board,with what games i can test it to see if it works?

The 7800 versions of Commando and Ballblazer are the go-to games for POKEY testing.  No POKEY, no (or very limited) sound.

FWIW, those were the only two games sold at retail with a POKEY installed.

7 hours ago, fille1976 said:

i have a pre production special edition @batari,is there any difference with the version sold now?,i had a pokey ic lying here around,so i putted that in a socket and soldered on the board,with what games i can test it to see if it works?

Your pre-production Concerto didn’t have a POKEY socket already? Just a set of bare through-holes? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, michaelx74 said:

Who is selling these direct from erstwhile-technologies' site?  I placed my "Concerto Reservation" 12.23.20 for $10.  And now I see the site shows there is actual inventory?  There is no contact listed for support on the site whatsoever.

That's Fred's site. Way back in the Feb - May timeframe, he posted in this very thread with updates on the status of reservations and which dates he was working up to. He also noted at least once or twice that he'd emailed people but never heard back. There's a good chance yours went into a spam folder or the like. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelx74 said:

Who is selling these direct from erstwhile-technologies' site?  I placed my "Concerto Reservation" 12.23.20 for $10.  And now I see the site shows there is actual inventory?  There is no contact listed for support on the site whatsoever.

Everyone who placed a reservation was sent an email by March. If you placed yours on 12.23.20, I sent your email around the first of February.

I admit, using email was a mistake, as security policies are so strict these days, I never heard back from some and I had no other way of contacting them.

Please send me a PM and you can order your Concerto. Anyone else who placed a reservation can do the same.

5 hours ago, batari said:

I admit, using email was a mistake, as security policies are so strict these days, I never heard back from some and I had no other way of contacting them.

I feel your pain. As someone who runs a couple small domains for small family businesses, I've had to request whitelisting with large mail hosting services (microsoft, different telcos, etc) because they blacklisted entire ranges of IPs due to spammers having an address within. This is even with all of the good-mailhost practice (domain keys, spf, etc.) setup on my end. Worse yet, often these hosting companies will just spambox your mail for no obvious reason, and not formally reject it, so you don't even know there's a problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fille1976 said:

No,buyed it from someone here at the board,so i soldered a socket in and put pokey in.

Weird, I don't recall ever selling a Concerto without a socket already soldered on. I am curious, can you post up a picture of the board? That might help jog my memory.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, batari said:

Weird, I don't recall ever selling a Concerto without a socket already soldered on. I am curious, can you post up a picture of the board? That might help jog my memory.

Maybe i'm wrong batari,long time ago,but could be like you said it came with a socket and i just putted in the pokey.

IMG_0610[1].JPG

IMG_0611[1].JPG

Edited by fille1976

9 hours ago, fille1976 said:

Maybe i'm wrong batari,long time ago,but could be like you said it came with a socket and i just putted in the pokey.

IMG_0610[1].JPG

IMG_0611[1].JPG

Thanks for posting! That socket does not match any of the ones I have on hand. That's not to say 100% I didn't install it, but you may very well be right. If you did get one without a socket, that was an accident and was not intended.

@batari I ordered the pokey and socket years ago,just before you announced the concerto,i buyed the harmony encore and short after that i buyed the 7800 console,after that i readed about the concerto,so decided to buy a socket and pokey cause i didn't know if it was coming with or without pokey.

There was support for it,but without including the pokey,thats why i decided to buy it separately.

So it was long in my drawer,till i buyed the concerto from someone here on the board.

Edited by fille1976

Apologies if this has already been asked recently, but does anyone know when people who already got the Concerto cart will be able to purchase a HOKEY chip? Thanks! 

edit: I’d forgotten I’ve already asked this a few weeks ago, apologies. #brainfart

Edited by TheRealOC
Brain fart

• 3 weeks later...

When do you expect (even approximatively) plan to add the Hokey option on your shopping page???
I'm in Europe and this is costly, quite complex with customs & taxes ? and so long to get goods from USA, so I would group the cartridge and the chip ;-) 

• 4 weeks later...

All,

My Concerto arrived today but its DOA.  If I put it into the console I get nothing, if I plug it in via USB cable also nothing.

Its a standard PAL 7800.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a consolidated place to get all the newest firmware and tools?  They seem to be sprayed over a number of forum posts

Thanks,