Jump to content
batari

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

Recommended Posts

Received
Works great!
Looking forward to getting a Pokey/Hokey to slot-in.

Edited by fultonbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2021 at 9:37 AM, scottz29 said:

The POKEY has a socket, you do not need to solder anything.  The RAM upgrade is not mandatory if you don't care about support for ROMs up to 1024K.  If you choose to upgrade it, you would need to send the cart back to Batari, as three surface mount chips would need to be soldered into place.  As far as I know, he is still working on some firmware updates before that upgrade will be ready to go.

I haven't been following too closely since I got the pre-production cart, but aren't the final production Concerto cartridges using a different PCB? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the pre-productions could be upgraded by adding RAM chips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, batari said:

There are some production Concertos available for sale right now on https://concerto.atariage.com.

 

 

Hello. I was able to make the purchase, but I would like to ask, please, for the postage number for tracking, as shipping to Brazil is taxed, and if I do not follow up on the website and pay at the right time, the product is returned to the sender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Renato,

 

I believe that your confused. I do not make or ship the concerto cards. I mentioned to you that some were still available of you checked AtariAge. You should PM Batari, the creator of these fine carts.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

I haven't been following too closely since I got the pre-production cart, but aren't the final production Concerto cartridges using a different PCB? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the pre-productions could be upgraded by adding RAM chips.

That’s correct. As batari has stated in previous replies, there isn't a hardware path to upgrade the memory in pre-production units. I believe he may offer a trade-in program to upgrade to the production version, but please don’t quote me on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, teuton17 said:

Hi Renato,

 

I believe that your confused. I do not make or ship the concerto cards. I mentioned to you that some were still available of you checked AtariAge. You should PM Batari, the creator of these fine carts.

 

Regards

I believe Renato was replying to batari’s post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, adamchevy said:

Any idea when these will be back in stock again?

Honestly, I wasn't aware they were sold out again! Give me 2-3 days and I will have some more stock.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will RAM upgrade instructions be posted when the time comes? Not step by step, just chip numbers/positions/links changed etc.

 

I have SMD repair tools...  er....but I also realize there are some that would go at it with a screwdriver and blowtorch... so maybe a PM?

 

Could assist with testing too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Will RAM upgrade instructions be posted when the time comes? Not step by step, just chip numbers/positions/links changed etc.

 

I have SMD repair tools...  er....but I also realize there are some that would go at it with a screwdriver and blowtorch... so maybe a PM?

 

Could assist with testing too.

When the time comes there will be information available upon request for those who have the skills to do the upgrade themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, adamchevy said:

Any idea when these will be back in stock again?

They are back in stock now :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, batari said:

They are back in stock now :)

I just put in my order for a Concerto in a Raspberry Red shell.  I *was* going to wait around for a Hokey chip but decided that because of the current chip shortage maybe I should just get one now while the going is still good.  My question now, I guess, is how easy will it be to open up the shell and switch out the POKEY with a new Hokey once they do become available?  (I do have a spare POKEY lying around to use for the time being.)  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SS said:

I just put in my order for a Concerto in a Raspberry Red shell.  I *was* going to wait around for a Hokey chip but decided that because of the current chip shortage maybe I should just get one now while the going is still good.  My question now, I guess, is how easy will it be to open up the shell and switch out the POKEY with a new Hokey once they do become available?  (I do have a spare POKEY lying around to use for the time being.)  Thanks.

Just take out the screw and the shell should come apart pretty easily. If you are going to put in a HOKEY later, I would wait to apply the label until then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2021 at 2:06 AM, batari said:

They are back in stock now :)

Seems I'm late to the show.
Any chance the carts get restocked soon?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you could put the labels up for sale or maybe an option to download?

 

I put mine on before realizing I wanted to add a Pokey chip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I can provide replacement labels for those wanting to install a POKEY (or HOKEY, when the time comes.) I figured this might come up!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TonySwish said:

Any chance you could put the labels up for sale or maybe an option to download?

 

I put mine on before realizing I wanted to add a Pokey chip.

That's why I didn't replace the screw 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, garycimera1968 said:

Are there any HOKEY chips available for us lowly consumers of Concerto Carts? I still look forward to filling the empty socket in mine.

 

Albert is currently doing some final testing to make sure that they are compatible with all current 7800 Homebrews and Console Variations. 

 

I think it's been said before. Patience. Every time someone asks it pushes out the release date 4 more weeks. ;) 

 

Do you want a product that is rushed to market and doesn't work properly or do you want a quality well tested product?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Every time someone asks it pushes out the release date 4 more weeks. ;) 

You're giving away all our secrets!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...