IGNORED

Curts Stuff?

doctor_x

Something just hit me... Did Curt leave his collection to someone here? Seems like things went bad for him relatively quick - with all the respect in the world for him, I’m just hoping all of his work/money fell into the hands of someone who will at least try and carry our his legacy... I hadn’t heard any talk about anyone ending up with it though so thought I would ask.

• Like 1

Ok - and again, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful with my question.. I certainly wouldn’t do it justice - and not many others here could either.. But I wondered if the guy he did some of the research with might have had it passed over.. I mean - Curt had a HUGE collection of stuff... Perhaps his family will see fit to donate the stuff to one of the Museum’s.. Crossing fingers it doesn’t go to waste.. 

10 minutes ago, doctor_x said:

Ok - and again, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful with my question.. I certainly wouldn’t do it justice - and not many others here could either.. But I wondered if the guy he did some of the research with might have had it passed over.. I mean - Curt had a HUGE collection of stuff... Perhaps his family will see fit to donate the stuff to one of the Museum’s.. Crossing fingers it doesn’t go to waste.. 

Totally get you.  There were some rarities in there for sure.   Maybe if someone can reach out to his family and just carefully ask or give them options and places to reach out to when ready to sell.

Curt had a surviving wife and teenage daughter. Marty Goldberg, Curt’s long-time friend and business partner, has made arrangements with Curt’s family to inventory things, preserve the important stuff and help them determine the value of whatever they might decide to part with.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

All I want to see is it doing good in whatever way possible, if the family can get a buyer then all the best to them, the one thing none of us want to see is the stuff wasted after the monumental work Curt did. I'd love a museum to get it but I think the family should always be the first port of call.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I'd love a museum to get it but I think the family should always be the first port of call.

Yes that should be how it plays out. My only wish is that the prototypes do end up in a museum, instead of someone's private collection where no one will likely ever see it.

I would love to see the documents scanned, archived, indexed etc..   There is a ton of documentation, schematics, source code, etc that he had in addition to the rare prototype hardware.  I don't think it was even a year ago that he was demoing the 80column screen and board for the 1090. Things that no one knew existed.

Hello Karl

2 hours ago, kheller2 said:

I don't think it was even a year ago that he was demoing the 80column screen and board for the 1090. Things that no one knew existed.

I'd love to see that/read more about the 80 column stuff.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

20 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello Karl

I'd love to see that/read more about the 80 column stuff.

Sincerely

Mathy

I'm pretty sure he posted about extensively in the Atari Museum Facebook group. If you do a search there, you'll probably see his posts.

• Like 2