IGNORED

Knight Guy On Board: 30 squares of fate WIP

vhzc

Hi guys.

I want to share the first demo wip beta of my new game:

KNIGHT GUY On Board: 30 Squares of fate.

It's a 1p board game with some rpg elements.

The objective is increase the level and money of the character and get the items needed to fight the final boss.

(The final boss is not programmed yet)

The current beta includes mini games, battles, NPCs, chance tiles, treasures, teleporters and the shop.

I don't have concerto or similar cart, so it has been tested only on a7800 emulator, so I expect some bugs.

QUICK UPDATE

Corrects White Background on title when played in Concerto.

tablero-20210116.a78<--- CURRENT VERSION

First UPDATE of the year:

2 new Minigames.

Some cosmetic Changes.

Some tweak in shop.

KGOB-20210103.a78

UPDATE:

New Minigames

Changes in enemies HP and Attack.

Titlescreen!

Various cosmetic Changes.

KGOB-20202012.a78

1124792182_Capturadepantalla_2020-12-20_18-15-49.thumb.png.582751ca5cfe80e343a26dfdd5989220.png

QUICK UPDATE: Reactivates Flee Fee and add a new monster: Scythefly (hp12/atk2)

KGOB-20201213c.a78

1299508439_Capturadepantalla_2020-12-13_21-40-28.thumb.png.97e9e27ba60e5fde5d9ecd677e5bbd5e.png

QUICK UPDATE: Corrects "NO MONSTERS" issue after level 9.

KGOB-20201213b.a78

UPDATE: Corrects order in monster sprites and names and adds a new monster.

KGOB-20201213.a78 

UPDATE; Correct miscalculation in cost of bargany boots, increase the gold you obatin for battles and add more NPCs.

KGOB-20201212.a78

KGOB-20201211.a78

792837504_Capturadepantalla_2020-12-11_21-20-23.thumb.png.dde4b409e2eec5005d8a801a0631d104.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Psyched when seeing the YouTube videos and even better hands on.

Absolutely love the variety with this game.  It's anywhere from a little to a lot of *so* many things...Board game + RPG + action/platformer + shooter + reflexes/timing.

Knight Guy in Low Res World - Castle Days is wonderful...but I think you may have already met its greatness if not topped it with this title.

Thank you for developing and sharing it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Karl G said:

This looks really amazing! Any chance that you'll add multiplayer support? I could see this being a fun "pass the controller" family game. Either way, it looks excellent.

I have no plans to add multiplayer to this one... But having the engine working and tested I have plans to make another game less RPG-ish and more Party-ish.

• Like 1

"Breakout"-style boss fight - check
"Joystick Hero" music game - check
"Rock, Paper, Scissors" - check
Turn Based Battles - check
RPG Stats: Experience/Lvl, Gold, Attack, and Health points - check
Platform Action - check
Kaboom/Shooter - check
Board Game - check
Gambling - check
Power Ups - check
Picture/Puzzle Solving - check
Shops - check
Healing/Rest Stops - check
GIRAFFES! - check

Just one thing...

image.png.686fe5dd00b88d5b0cfdc28cf4cde984.png

...Not a "spider".*

:-D

This guy though...

image.png.2690e2c59e6eea8d3f4fe1621b7ce6fc.png

image.thumb.png.3b30415fec1d75abd763986cd0e88143.png

...The name appears difficult to read...Unless that's the point :)

There's also a small line 'glitch' in the upper left, that is not present with the others.

*Knows it is the name of a Python. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trebor said:

"Breakout"-style boss fight - check
"Joystick Hero" music game - check
"Rock, Paper, Scissors" - check
Turn Based Battles - check
RPG Stats: Experience/Lvl, Gold, Attack, and Health points - check
Platform Action - check
Kaboom/Shooter - check
Board Game - check
Gambling - check
Power Ups - check
Picture/Puzzle Solving - check
Shops - check
Healing/Rest Stops - check
GIRAFFES! - check

Just one thing...

image.png.686fe5dd00b88d5b0cfdc28cf4cde984.png

...Not a "spider".*

:-D

This guy though...

image.thumb.png.3b30415fec1d75abd763986cd0e88143.png

...The name appears difficult to read...Unless that's the point :)

There's also a small line 'glitch' in the upper left, that is not present with the others.

*Knows it is the name of a Python. ;)

That is Smashing PumpKing.

161169471_Capturadepantalla_2020-12-13_15-51-25.thumb.png.83ca5568e12c6053a4213b25788aea60.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Vladimir

made it till level 15....have more than 30 hp

i also got the invisible enemy ?

i bought the skullkey....but when i reached the locked board,it does not recognize,that i have it.

Btw....damn good game....but the puzzle is ?

i never beat it ?

I will check it, thanks for let me know about the issue.

1 hour ago, gambler172 said:

i bought the skullkey....but when i reached the locked board,it does not recognize,that i have it.

After acquiring the Skull Key, the whole board does not recognize the key or/and become unlocked.

Knight Guy needs to actually land on the padlocked space (highlighted in red) for the Skull Key to work.

image.png.a25f45845f60f6fad09c4e01a517513e.png

Vlad...just some thoughts and personal experience revolving around the mini-games and in general so far:

1.  Shoot the Bomb - Easy difficulty.  Off the bat nailed 18 of 20 and always seem to be in that ballpark.  Either 18 or 19.  Only 2-3 times did I have a perfect score of 20.  Thinking perhaps every time this game is played (or maybe beaten), the speed of the bomb drops ramps up a notch.

2.  Puzzle in 40 Moves - Hard difficulty.  Never came close.  Maybe had half the puzzle together half the time at best.

3.  Joystick Hero - Easy difficulty.  No worse than 68, but often than not, a perfect game when played.  I very much like that the notes dropping are not always in the same order.  Thinking maybe a need for a button press ever now and then along with (or before/after) a joystick direction may provide more of a challenge while still being fair.

4.  Rock - Paper - Scissors - Random and fair.  Do no better or worse than 'real life'.

5.  Turn Based Attack - Easy difficulty.  Nearly never miss. Perhaps along with the target box moving the character can move somewhat too, or instead of a linear back and forth motion, the target box is more sporadic on the screen.

6.  Platform/Action Knighted Horse - Moderate difficulty.  Can see this ultimately becomes easy though, as the pattern of obstacles/enemies is the same every time played.  Still, one of most balanced difficulty among the games.

7.  Breakout Boss Battle - Easy difficulty.  At worse maybe lost the ball 3 times on one occasion; often just 0-2 balls lost.  Perhaps the boss can be made to shoot something to up the challenge ante.  Side note...kept thinking "The End" Arcade game when seeing the boss' appearance.

The above breakdowns are of course just my take.  I can see someone who really excels in those switch the pieces around type puzzles to have an easier go at Puzzle in 40 Moves and conversely someone with slower reflexes having a tougher time with Joystick Hero.

Other suggestion/thoughts:

The HP power up (+2 every turn) is too much.  The game really seemed like a cake walk once that was acquired.  Especially when couple with the "Turn Based Attack" mini-game which hardly ever registers a miss for me.  Perhaps downgrade the HP bonus every turn to just +1 instead.

Additionally, there is concern the game may be a bit too easy overall.  Did I "Game Over" ever? Sure, happened twice in at least a dozen playthroughs.  However, that was once at the beginning when I was still wrapping my head around what ends a game, and another instance where I know I was being a bit overly brazen.

Most importantly though, this game is a lot of fun - I mean, 'wife yelling why am I not getting ready yet because I'm too tied to this game' kind of fun.  This is a VERY enjoyable ride and the variety in the mini-games really keeps interest high and the player engaged.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Vlad...just some thoughts and personal experience revolving around the mini-games and in general so far:

1.  Shoot the Bomb - Easy difficulty.  Off the bat nailed 18 of 20 and always seem to be in that ballpark.  Either 18 or 19.  Only 2-3 times did I have a perfect score of 20.  Thinking perhaps every time this game is played (or maybe beaten), the speed of the bomb drops ramps up a notch.

2.  Puzzle in 40 Moves - Hard difficulty.  Never came close.  Maybe had half the puzzle together half the time at best.

3.  Joystick Hero - Easy difficulty.  No worse than 68, but often than not, a perfect game when played.  I very much like that the notes dropping are not always in the same order.  Thinking maybe a need for a button press ever now and then along with (or before/after) a joystick direction may provide more of a challenge while still being fair.

4.  Rock - Paper - Scissors - Random and fair.  Do no better or worse than 'real life'.

5.  Turn Based Attack - Easy difficulty.  Nearly never miss. Perhaps along with the target box moving the character can move somewhat too, or instead of a linear back and forth motion, the target box is more sporadic on the screen.

6.  Platform/Action Knighted Horse - Moderate difficulty.  Can see this ultimately becomes easy though, as the pattern of obstacles/enemies is the same every time played.  Still, one of most balanced difficulty among the games.

7.  Breakout Boss Battle - Easy difficulty.  At worse maybe lost the ball 3 times on one occasion; often just 0-2 balls lost.  Perhaps the boss can be made to shoot something to up the challenge ante.  Side note...kept thinking "The End" Arcade game when seeing the boss' appearance.

The above breakdowns are of course just my take.  I can see someone who really excels in those switch the pieces around type puzzles to have an easier go at Puzzle in 40 Moves and conversely someone with slower reflexes having a tougher time with Joystick Hero.

Other suggestion/thoughts:

The HP power up (+2 every turn) is too much.  The game really seemed like a cake walk once that was acquired.  Especially when couple with the "Turn Based Attack" mini-game which is hardly ever registers a miss for me.  Perhaps downgrade the HP bonus every turn to just +1 instead.

Additionally, there is concern the game may be a bit too easy overall.  Did I "Game Over" ever? Sure, happened twice in at least a dozen playthroughs.  However, that was once at the beginning when I was still wrapping my head around what ends a game, and another instance where I know I was being a bit overly brazen.

Most importantly though, this game is a lot of fun - I mean, 'wife yelling why am I not getting ready yet because I'm too tied to this game' kind of fun.  This is a VERY enjoyable ride and the variety in the mini-games really keeps interest high and the player engaged.

The difficulty will have a bump when everything is set up, by example the level required for the skull key will be higher and some monsters with 3x or maybe more attack will appear.

The current betas are a lite version in terms on length and difficulty to make easy the testing of every aspect.

• Like 2