vhzc

On 12/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, vhzc said:

UPDATE:

New Minigames

Changes in enemies HP and Attack.

Titlescreen!

Various cosmetic Changes.

KGOB-20202012.a78<--- CURRENT VERSION

1124792182_Capturadepantalla_2020-12-20_18-15-49.thumb.png.582751ca5cfe80e343a26dfdd5989220.png

I just noticed that I uploaded an incorrect version, I corrected it.

If you already downloaded it, please delete and download again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vhzc said:

I just noticed that I uploaded an incorrect version, I corrected it.

If you already downloaded it, please delete and download again.

Awesome update, thanks! I find it really easy to accidentally shoot twice when you shoot the bombs. In order to not shoot twice in a row I have to really quickly and lightly tap the fire button so I don't shoot right away again.

- James

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Awesome update, thanks! I find it really easy to accidentally shoot twice when you shoot the bombs. In order to not shoot twice in a row I have to really quickly and lightly tap the fire button so I don't shoot right away again.

- James

Thanks for let me know about the issue. Fortunately is really easy to correct. I simply have to use a larger value in the variable than determines the temporal block of the button.

• Like 1

In the 20202012 build, the Roachy is still listing as $300, but only requires and takes $200 when purchased in the store.

Loving the Firing Dragon mini-game addition!

image.png.64afb30350d11b9a959f975073285c73.png

Different enemies with changed/Diagonal attack patterns too!

image.png.0dfc4db7ec57c5fd470798b066e9b881.png

Ohhh... and the Cosmic Ark-ish attack on Knight Guy!

image.png.6e111d0c85af69c6cc0f10861d1668c2.png

The Spinning Skulls are a nice touch to that mini-game, the upgrade to the obstacle course, as well as the status display in the 'Breakout Boss' battle.

Just for some fun scares...

image.png.abec44be8e3e5fee4d5573c3ffa3d7b0.png

On 12/13/2020 at 4:07 PM, Trebor said:

2.  Puzzle in 40 Moves - Hard difficulty.  Never came close.  Maybe had half the puzzle together half the time at best.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one. Finally got around to playing this ROM (just added to my Concerto). I really like it, but need to spend more time with it. However, I must agree that the Puzzle in 40 Moves is a killer (for me). This is a great concept. My wife was watching me play and it reminded her of Mario Party. We played a lot of that on the Wii when our boys were younger.

Thanks for bringing this to the 7800. 2020 wasn't all that bad, the creativity for this console has been off the charts?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Nice to know that I'm not the only one. Finally got around to playing this ROM (just added to my Concerto). I really like it, but need to spend more time with it. However, I must agree that the Puzzle in 40 Moves is a killer (for me). This is a great concept. My wife was watching me play and it reminded her of Mario Party. We played a lot of that on the Wii when our boys were younger.

Thanks for bringing this to the 7800. 2020 wasn't all that bad, the creativity for this console has been off the charts?

I do not like this damn puzzle too...never made it

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Thank for testing on actual hardware!

I grew playing with slides puzzles and I was affraid I made it too easy, but apparently slide puzzles are not as popular as I thought.

This is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on the 7800, congrats on your game progress!

Sounds like it's using POKEY for sound? It's one of those games that deserves some really nice music tunes to flex the POKEY and while I know 2-play mode isn't planned, if added as an option in addition to some killer POKEY music, could be one of the best offerings the 7800 has. I'm excited to see how this progresses out to final form, though it appears it's really close already to being done?

• Thanks 1

Awesome update @vhzc!

Notes:

• The new platformer mini-game is super fun but sadly I didn't notice the spikes after defeating the bad guy so I ran into them. ?
  • I'm still rarely successful at the bomb shooting mini-game because of the accidental double shot that happens sometimes if you hit your target while still having the fire button pressed down. If you change it to a single shot per button press that would solve the problem, I'm not sure if others are having this issue like I am?
  • I finally was able to solve the sliding puzzle!! It's still an extremely hard mini-game.

- James

image.thumb.png.a390b8a619e5d2f7e7dcfe64262b58f7.png

image.thumb.png.ca17dde8b5477cca80016ac937e5fd81.png

• Like 2

Now that I've played all(?) of the mini-games, here's my personal ranking of easiest to hardest:

Easy

Dragon Shooting: I win every time.

Pong: I win every time.

Falling Music: I win every time

Platform: I win every time (except for the first time, I was surprised by the last spikes appearing)

Medium:

Rock Stab: I'm using the keyboard at the moment but when I use a joystick I'm generally quite good at these games so this might be upgraded to easy when I do.

Hard:

Sliding Puzzle: I've only completed it once.

Jumping Horse: I think I'll get better over time but I haven't won yet.

Bomb Shoot: I don't think I've ever won due to the accidental double shot (I think this would change to easy if that wasn't an issue)

Simon: Depends how good your memory is, mine is terrible so it's hard.

N/A:

Rock-Paper-Scissors: Random, no skill involved that I can tell. I just stick with rock, rock always wins (except when it doesn't).

- James

image.thumb.png.bcf5ced7559cb6dbdca48ff500ca672e.png

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Now that I've played all(?) of the mini-games, here's my personal ranking of easiest to hardest:

Easy

Dragon Shooting: I win every time.

Pong: I win every time.

Falling Music: I win every time

Platform: I win every time (except for the first time, I was surprised by the last spikes appearing)

Medium:

Rock Stab: I'm using the keyboard at the moment but when I use a joystick I'm generally quite good at these games so this might be upgraded to easy when I do.

Hard:

Sliding Puzzle: I've only completed it once.

Jumping Horse: I think I'll get better over time but I haven't won yet.

Bomb Shoot: I don't think I've ever won due to the accidental double shot (I think this would change to easy if that wasn't an issue)

Simon: Depends how good your memory is, mine is terrible so it's hard.

N/A:

Rock-Paper-Scissors: Random, no skill involved that I can tell. I just stick with rock, rock always wins (except when it doesn't).

- James

image.thumb.png.bcf5ced7559cb6dbdca48ff500ca672e.png

Thanks for testing!

I designed the game as an easy game, so even if there will be a little pump in difficulty in the final versions and I want to present a good challenge with the final boss, it will be a not too hard game where the variety, randomness and possibility to make it better in successive plays will give, hopefully, the replayability.

I thought the grinding nature of the rpgish element and the relaxing nature of party like games works well with not too hard games.

• Like 4

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing the updated version of Knight Guy On Board: 30 Squares Of Fate on Tuesday's (Jan 12, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

338484600_20210112-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.3d06f01af759e3bb0b6914274d1f3875.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SlidellMan said:

Congratulations on the nomination, and this game is coming along quite nicely.

Thanks!

This is a kinda my more ambitious game yet in design and content and I am happy with how the game is going on and even happier because apparently people likes it.

• Like 1