IGNORED

Moonrise - 256 bytes intro

ilmenit

Hi,

My 256bytes intro from Demodulation party. Precalc takes 22 seconds - wait, please! ?

moonrise.xex

Works with Atari OS Rev2 (the ROM available with XFormer emulator e.g. here http://atariarea.krap.pl/PLus/files/xf25.zip) - therefore will not work with Altirra OS replacement.

Here is the video for the impatients:

Edited by ilmenit
youtube link added
  • Like 19

Just now, DrVenkman said:

I’m not the guy barging into someone else’s thread and being a condescending dick. That would be you. :) 

I’m not the guy barging into someone else’s thread and being a condescending dick. That would be you. :) 

1. I like the prod

2. I offered my impression about it.

3. You don't accept other people's opinions. So

4. You broke the line of the thread again. 

To generate such picture with many elements (stars, moon, landscape, road, roadline, tree) and animated snow in 256bytes (RUN section included) required hell a lot of interesting optimizations. I don't expect non-programmers to understand the difficulties (basically the short code on 6502 is when data resides on zero page, which required a lot of reuse of code space as data) but for the others the picture can be just a nice looking program during the winter time ?

As for the emkay, he is on my ignore list for a few years now. Don't feed the troll answering his replies.

• Like 5

OK . I cannot resist ;)

Our little village is almost 800 Years old and some Prussian Outpost in the beginning. The village is built to the North-Eastern direction. So, if a blood moon appears (around the 20th of December) , it will raise in the center of the streets. 

Enough off topic ;)

blutmond.jpg

Edited by emkay