IGNORED

How many own Radofin Aquarius Titles?

EdgeOfPortal

So, I was thinking and got curious about how many people actually own some of these Aquarius titles. So, I thought maybe we could do a list of some kind, since really info about how many exist isn't available.

So, if owners could say what their copies include (box, manual, cart, overlays, etc), then i think we could come up with a starting list to figure out how many of these are out there.

Melody Chase:

EdgeOfPortal [CIB but missing controller overlays]

Stupus [CIB]

jaybird3rd [CIB]

Intymike [CIB]

mvdsteenoven [CIB]

cmart604 [CIB]

Total: 6 Copies

Space Speller:
Stupus [CIB but missing 1 controller overlay]

mvdsteenoven [Cart, left keyboard overlay, missing 1 controller overlay]

cmart604 [CIB]

Total: 3 Copies

Chess:
Stupus [CIB]

mvdsteenoven [CIB]

Total: 2 Copies

Zero-In:

EdgeOfPortal [CIB but missing controller overlay]
Stupus [CIB]

cmart604 [Cart only]

Total: 3 Copies

Extended Basic:

EdgeOfPortal [Waiting but should be cart and manual]
Stupus [CIB]

Intymike [CIB]

Total: 3 Copies

Most Owners: Melody Chase

Least Owners: Chess

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 1

I have all of them cib besides an overlay for space speller. 

It and zero-in only had 1 controller overlay.

Chess and extended basic didnt come with controller overlays like fin form, file form and logo.

All 16 titles had the 2 big keyboard overlays and a manual.

I also recently dug out a order form from a usa based company that had all 16 titles listed for ordering.

So it seems now technically a complete usa set would include all 16 titles.

Yeah it seems all were released worldwide, albeit in smaller quantities US-side.

List Update #1

Melody Chase:

Stupus [CIB]

Space Speller:

Chess:
Stupus [CIB]

Zero-In:

Extended Basic:

EdgeOfPortal [Waiting but should be cart and manual]
Stupus [CIB]

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

I granted open-ended edit permission to the first post, so you can update it if you wish. :)

I'm afraid I only own Melody Chase, complete in the box.  All five of them are very scarce, but Melody Chase is the least-scarce.

Thank you! I added you and Stupus to the first post, and will update there. Will quote anyone who replies with their copies to confirm they've been added. I actually think extended basic may be the least rare though, it seems to come up more frequently. Order is in my opinion Extended Basic > Melody Chase > Space Speller > Chess > Zero-In.

On the topic of Radofin titles, I was wondering if anyone else remembers an Australian auction with about 12 or so Aquarius carts plus systems. If memory serves me right there were *multiple* copies of Space Speller and Zero-In, and there might’ve even been melody chase and chess there. It was a few years back, maybe 2016 or 2017? I tried digging for info about it but it’s all erased from eBay’s archives. Lot picture showed all of them outside on a table I think. Just want to know if I’m going crazy or if a lot of this caliber really did exist, and what happened to it.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:25 AM, EdgeOfPortal said:

On the topic of Radofin titles, I was wondering if anyone else remembers an Australian auction with about 12 or so Aquarius carts plus systems. If memory serves me right there were *multiple* copies of Space Speller and Zero-In, and there might’ve even been melody chase and chess there. It was a few years back, maybe 2016 or 2017? I tried digging for info about it but it’s all erased from eBay’s archives. Lot picture showed all of them outside on a table I think. Just want to know if I’m going crazy or if a lot of this caliber really did exist, and what happened to it.

If it's the one I think I bought a few items from it although they were sold separately. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

If it's the one I think I bought a few items from it although they were sold separately. 

I think it was just all in one lot? But it has been a few years so maybe my memory is wrong. All I remember is that it was Australian and had an impressive number of rare Aquarius titles. Also, if you don’t mind, which Aquarius titles have you got? I’d like to add to the list to figure out how many copies of each are out there (approximate). I think I remember you having some of them from an older AtariAge thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Melody Chase, Chess and Space Speller. Chess and Melody Chase complete with box, packaging material, keyboard overlay, both handcontrollers overlays plus manuals. No handcontroller overlays with the chess cartridges, as shipped. 

Space Speller is missing the packaging material, has only the left side of the keyboard overlay plus only one handcontroller overlay

Regs

Martin  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mvdsteenoven said:

I have Melody Chase, Chess and Space Speller. Chess and Melody Chase complete with box, packaging material, keyboard overlay, both handcontrollers overlays plus manuals. No handcontroller overlays with the chess cartridges, as shipped. 

Space Speller is missing the packaging material, has only the left side of the keyboard overlay plus only one handcontroller overlay

Regs

Martin  

Added you, thanks!

1 hour ago, mvdsteenoven said:

Regs

Martin  

Cool!

So you verify too that chess never came with hand controller overlays and space speller only came with 1, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Martin!

Looks like i just need that 1 hand controller overlay then to complete my set cib!

If anyone can help me there let me know!!! :)

@jay On the melody chase i meant i wasnt sure if the spare copy i sold was complete with all the overlays. I know it was produced with all 4 ;)

12 minutes ago, stupus said:

@jay On the melody chase i meant i wasnt sure if the spare copy i sold was complete with all the overlays. I know it was produced with all 4 ;)

Got it.

One of the crazy-making things about the Aquarius cartridges that Radofin shipped is that, toward the end, their suppliers appear to have been piecing them together using whatever components they had on hand.  I don't recall where I first posted it, but I once received a Bentley Industries brochure covered with handwritten notes from the original owner, who had apparently called them to inquire about the availability of Aquarius stock.  The notes seem to indicate that some games were being shipped with photocopied overlays, or no overlays at all, presumably because the originals had run out.  This makes it impossible to determine if a given copy was originally shipped without overlays, or if the overlays were simply lost.

It's also possible that certain copies of some games—particularly Zero In—may have been shipped either in printed boxes or in plain white boxes.  I swear I remember seeing collector's photos of a printed Zero In box, though I've lost track of them since.  I don't believe Chess ever got its own box; all copies that I know of had white boxes.

• Like 1

Both my zero-in and chess are white boxes with a full color full size sticker that covers the whole box face. Just slightly different than the manual cover.

My spare zero-in was a white box with just a tiny tag on the front bottom corner that said zero-in printed in type.

I assume they started doing these when they ran out of the full color graphic stickers.

I have never seen either title with boxes with graphics on all sides.

But every other title does definitely have a full graphic box.

I wouldnt be surprised if some games were shipped without overlays or copied parts. My main goal was to figure what a full game should have had.

It seems fairly certain now that zero-in and space speller had 1 controller overlay and chess and the 4 utility programs had no controller overlays and all 16 titles had the 2 piece keyboard overlay. And the rest of the 9 games had 2 controller overlays too.

• Like 1