IGNORED

Street Fighter Alpha / Zero - Adon Theme (Atari Jaguar Chiptune Cover)

Fragmare

I gotta try my hand with a mod tracker... Definitely on my to-do list. My only issue is the 4 channels to work with; I'd like to do more with the DSP's synth capabilities using more than 4 measly channels... Other than that, the track sounds great dude, I'd love to see SF on the Jaguar.

Edited by philipj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philipj said:

My only issue is the 4 channels to work with; I'd like to do more with the DSP's synth capabilities using more than 4 measly channels...

4 channels didn't stop Tempest 2000 from being (arguably?) the best Jaguar gaming soundtrack ever though and I assure you, less is more for the Jag, the DSP had almost no real synth sound capabilities which is why Trevor McFur came out sounding like a dying robot, right?

It would take literally all of 30 seconds to take a MOD and throw it into rB+, having an actual Jag playing this MOD and probably a few weeks to make a single level SF-clone if someone really wanted to mash one up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

4 channels didn't stop Tempest 2000 from being (arguably?) the best Jaguar gaming soundtrack ever though and I assure you, less is more for the Jag, the DSP had almost no real synth sound capabilities which is why Trevor McFur came out sounding like a dying robot, right?

It would take literally all of 30 seconds to take a MOD and throw it into rB+, having an actual Jag playing this MOD and probably a few weeks to make a single level SF-clone if someone really wanted to mash one up.

True that man... That Tempest mod track demonstrated a lot of how you can make the most of the four channels of sound... That whole mod tracking scene really did push boundaries almost beyond what a professional recording studio could produce and people are still producing four channel music today on their 16bit computers.

6 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Don't waste your time. philipj is that friend that goes on and on about how he's gonna be a rock star when he grows up. But you've never heard him playing anything, because he always has an excuse: his amp is broken, or he hurt his hand while playing tennis, or his guitar is out of tune, or...

Dude...! WTF are you talking about??? Once again you assume things about me that you know nothing about... I rarely post stuff over here that much and already you're on that BS without any reasonable purpose other than to get people out of character... But carry on Zero, your rep for attacking people with no real reason has proceeded AA with a flood of Jag fans lighting the forum up waiting to meet the great "Zerosquare". I never claimed to be a rock star, I'm just enthusiastic about what I talk about, but don't confuse enthusiasm with being arrogant and egotistical...

8 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

? Trevor sounds like "a dying robot" because it is just that? ;-)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

You've spent years telling us again and again about your ambitious Jaguar projects and how advanced they would be (here's an example from less than a day ago).

Yet you have released absolutely nothing, not even an "Hello world" project.

Well... I'm still messing around with QB64... I remember a conversation I had some time back with someone telling me if I really want to learn to make games, start making them on the PC first before programming the Jaguar. Well I'm listening now thus I'm still watching online tutorials whenever they post things... I'm using QB64 as a prototyping tool for game concepts this way I can make what I want on the PC without the Jaguar's bottleneck. Better to have somethings in place before tackling the Jaguar hardware although I do have to say I still have the Atari ST "Realtime 3D Programming In Assembly For The Atari ST" book that I've been reading on and off... I did however run into this book called "The Revolutionary Guide To QBASIC" published in 1996 by four different authors that talks about making realtime 3D in old-school QBASIC, which is pretty astounding if you ask me... There was even articles on a 3D engine in QBASIC that supported texture-mapping on a platformer game where they had a frog hopping around a mapped 3D world all written in QBASIC... Some engines supported gouraud shading but were only seen in demos. They seem to have been a tight little community for QBASIC back in the day that lasted until early 2000s when DOS was becoming obsolete; they made games, demos, push boundaries with QB until it got old and people went their separate ways. Today QB64 the newer people in the community has really been trying to push people into making games because the world has seemingly moved on with just a few games made using QB64... I Didn't mean to ramble on like that, but that's the current state of affairs with me right now... Don't want to throw this topic off track.

So back to the topic...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, philipj said:

True that man... That Tempest mod track demonstrated a lot of how you can make the most of the four channels of sound... That whole mod tracking scene really did push boundaries almost beyond what a professional recording studio could produce and people are still producing four channel music today on their 16bit computers.

Dude...! WTF are you talking about??? Once again you assume things about me that you know nothing about... I rarely post stuff over here that much and already you're on that BS without any reasonable purpose other than to get people out of character... But carry on Zero, your rep for attacking people with no real reason has proceeded AA with a flood of Jag fans lighting the forum up waiting to meet the great "Zerosquare". I never claimed to be a rock star, I'm just enthusiastic about what I talk about, but don't confuse enthusiasm with being arrogant and egotistical...

You have a great sense of humour, very funny! :-D

On 12/15/2020 at 4:53 AM, Clint Thompson said:

It would take literally all of 30 seconds to take a MOD and throw it into rB+, having an actual Jag playing this MOD and...

Ok, so it ended up taking a little longer than 30 seconds... like, by a few minutes. Guess my judgement is off in my old age - whoops.

And maybe it's just me, but it certainly sounds (and looks) a lot better being played through an actual Jaguar, no? ;-) (never mind the size, it's space filler)

Alpha.rom

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...