IGNORED

What are your favourite 2D Jaguar games?

pjedavison

As a new Jaguar owner, I'm interested to hear what games people are particularly fond of on this delightfully peculiar system. I've always been led to understand it was a bit of a 2D powerhouse, but the industry's shift to favouring 3D put a bit of a spanner in the works.

So with that in mind, then, I ask you: what are your favourite 2D games for the Jaguar, both commercially released back in the day and more recent?

For pure enjoyment and fun I would also include Worms and Cannon Fodder, both great games.

Theme Park is a brilliant, nice looking game with great art direction and detail, but it runs quite poor.

Last but not least Rebooteroids, just a pure fun, rock solid reboot of Asteroids. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

I like puzzle games, hand-drawn visuals and c-trix's music so, those are the reasons why I like it but I understand why people don't like it as much as I do, as it's more simple than something like Flip Out!, which I also like...

All sounds like good reasons to me.   I liked the original fan game of Tetris .... or was it called JagTris, for the music.

Don't forget, JagTris is available for free on every copy of Loopz for the Jaguar! Just hold the Option key while booting the game. :D Protector SE is by far my best-selling Jaguar game, although Hyper Force and Soccer Kid have been consistently popular over the years.

And since we're talking 2D Jaguar awesomeness, use code JAG2D10 by end of January 2021 to get $10 off of each of these Jaguar games in the Songbird store:

• Early Years
  • Hyper Force
  • Loopz
  • Protector SE
  • Soccer Kid
  • Soccer Kid + Frog Feast combo cart

Code only valid for the first 10 orders, and only for merchandise currently in stock. Enjoy! :)

• Like 2