IGNORED

Is it possible to fix a keyboard ribbon?

rcajun90

Sometimes I'll stuff a cable back in by doing it at a sharp angle and then sliding over to the edge and rocking back'n'forth. Other times it's best to insert it straight down holding it at both ends for tension. It's a practiced technique hard to describe.

A few times I used a stiff support like a credit card, or even two, sandwich-style, to keep it from bending. I'm sure others will offer yet different suggestions or maybe make/show a video on the technique.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 3:35 PM, Keatah said:

Sometimes I'll stuff a cable back in by doing it at a sharp angle and then sliding over to the edge and rocking back'n'forth. Other times it's best to insert it straight down holding it at both ends for tension. It's a practiced technique hard to describe.

A few times I used a stiff support like a credit card, or even two, sandwich-style, to keep it from bending. I'm sure others will offer yet different suggestions or maybe make/show a video on the technique.

Thanks for the reply and advice.  The ribbon appears to be protected by a front and back sleeve that has seperated.