IGNORED

Has anyone ever sourced 600XL/800XL case screws?

bfollowell

I'm well on the way to repairing and restoring the 600XL I bought last month. Everything is working well except for the keyboard, which I'm hopeful that a good mylar cleaning will rectify. However, it came in with no case or motherboard/shield screws. Has anyone ever determined the sizes for these so that I can source them from one of my regular hardware suppliers? I'm am not the least bit interested in trying to locate "real" Atari case screws. Reasonable replacements will suit just fine.

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello bfollowell

Best Electronics has a lot of screws of a lot of Atari computers.

Sincerely

Mathy

Yeah, but Brad's behavior has become more and more erratic over the years, and he is a complete nightmare to deal with anymore. Add in a $20 minimum order, and he's definitely not the person to go to for screws. Besides, his web page shows sold out on almost all screw sets.

Like I said in the original post, I have absolutely no interest in buying original screws from some Atari provider. I just want to know the sizes, thread type, etc. so that I can get replacement screws from wherever.

Thanks anyway!

Edited by bfollowell

Hello bfollowell

2 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

Yeah, but Brad's behavior has become more and more eratic over the years, and he is a complete nightmare to deal with anymore. Add in a $20 minimum order, and he's definitely not the person to go to for screws. Besides, his web page shows sold out on almost all scerw sets.

I could post something about loose screws here, but I'll refrain... ;-)

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Together with the #6 1/2" I also got the #6 5/8". For the 800XL I got 1/2" worked so I never tried the 5/8". However, 5/8" might be closer to the original length. BTW, not long ago I discovered that the Chelco versions of 800XL and 600XL use screws similar to these (pointy self-drilling screws vs the flat ones in the the rest of the Atari computers)