IGNORED

"Adam Is Me" available for download

ilmenit

I've got the boxed edition of this game with the cartridge and it even comes with a Lego style kit of Adam complete with Lego style assembly guide.  It's a very professional package.  I kind of feel that Poland is the center of the Atari retro scene in Europe.  England seems to be about the ZX Spectrum followed closely by the C64. Germany seems to prefer the C64.  I've really enjoyed this very unique puzzle game.   I've really never seen anything like it.  I love the save game feature too.

• Thanks 1

I've not played the game yet (nor constructed the Lego), I am waiting to receive it (it's not seller's fault, I bought many items and I asked him to send them together once the last one is ready - a C128 cover).

@ilmenit in my opinion the first part of the intro is stunning.

Looking at the antennas you are led to believe that ADAM moves in very low resolution but then ADAM rotates very smoothly.

Classy! 

19 hours ago, ilmenit said:

This is the voxel part from the mentioned C64 demo:

and this is how the model was created:

image.thumb.png.09ed37e8434d3c084b4f385e8cec6d81.png

From the same year: Muda by Live

Cool effect in any case, I like all versions of it :)

Edited by ggn
  • Like 1

This has quickly become a favorite at my house! Got my XEGS back out on the coffee table so we could enjoy it in the living room. The game is fantastic and the Lego model has joined my display.

We are playing thru in order and have become stuck on level 3-6.. can anyone off me a hint?

18 hours ago, ilmenit said:

Non-spoiling hint: 3-6 is a "race". The faster will survive.

16 hours ago, zbyti said:

There is only one correct way to push the "win" tile. Blob moves according to last pushed direction.

Thank you both but I still don't get it... Am I correct in assuming the blob must be sent past the killer bush? And that the WIN tile must be pushed out to the right?

• Like 1

As more people have problems solving 3-6, here are some hints:

Spoiler

1. You clearly need to push out WIN to the right, there is no other way to win.

2. When BLOB-IS-MOVE it moves into the last PUSHed direction. When IS-MOVE, blob will also change direction hitting some STOP object (WALL).

3. Anything moving can push texts.

Spoiler

4. If you push KILL to the left then ROCK-IS-KILL will kill you. Is there a way to break this rule?

Spoiler

5. Moving BLOB could prevent the ROCK-IS-KILL rule, but its way is blocked by the rock when ROCK-IS-ACID. It means that you need to break this rule first.

Spoiler

6. In this level timing is important. Put the blob to move and rush to break ROCK-IS-ACID before blob reaches the rock.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

GrooBY, who publishes gameplays on his YouTube channel and goes through many games on a small Atari, has just finished Adam Is Me (all 64 stages!) And posted a video of the game's walkthrough.

I recommend watching it. This is, in a way, a walkthrough, so whoever has a problem with a level can see the solution.

I also encourage you to subscribe to his channel, because it is fun to watch, he tells interesting stories and methodically finishes games that once seemed impossible to beat. And with no cheats!

He also many times publish movies in English.

Edited by michomis
spelling

• 1 month later...

@ilmenit - I have only started to play Adam Is Me. I agree with the other comments about the originality of the game. If you had charged $15 for a digital download, I would have gladly paid it. I just have too much stuff now so physical copies do not appeal to me.

On my NTSC 64K XEGS, I have noticed that if I try to use the rewind move (fire + left) or restart level (fire + up) too often, the level will not save when I finally complete the level. I get a black screen and no way to continue the game. I have to reboot the XEGS and restart the game. Since I now know how to complete the level, I can complete it without using any rewind or restart levels. Then, the level will save correctly on my Sdrive Max and I can continue to the next level.

I knew rewind moves would be limited on 64K, but I was not expecting the game to lock up. I have not tried it on my Atari emulators or my MiST yet. Both of them can be set to 128K or more.

Bob C

Hi. The game was planned to be free to enjoy by Atari retro community. The paid boxed version is to cover only production costs. 

XEGS is a problematic system as very strange issues appear which are non deterministic, making resolving them very hard. Sorry about it. If anyone can find the cause we will provide a fixed version.

I've noticed the game behaves differently on my XEGS depending on whether or not the keyboard is attached. Without the keyboard, there is some corruption to the graphics on the title screen. I never noticed a problem with rewind or restart functions. I'll experiment later..

Perhaps due to the unique Missile Command ROM present in the XEGS?

@ilmenit - I will try to recreate the problem. I have been trying on simple levels like 1-1 and 1-2, but I have not been able to recreate the black screen. I had the problem occur on both 1-6 and 1-7. If I did not use rewind move or restart level, the level completes successfully (including saving the level as complete).

@adam242 - I should have mentioned that the XEGS has the keyboard attached. I use it as a computer and not as a game console. If you can recreate the problem, I would appreciate it.

Bob C