IGNORED

Atari Monte Carlo Arcade System?

Nick7928

Hello, I have had an Atari Monte Carlo arcade system for quite a while but have just brought it out of storage. I have not heard of this machine ever and judging from my serial number (480) it seems to not be a very popular unit. Due to covid, I may have to sell off some of my things hence why I brought this machine out. The machine fires right up without issue and seems to work fine. Would anyone be interested in this machine or is it simply just an unpopular unit that had a short production run?

Thanks, 

Nick

I'm located in Vancouver, Canada. Also, the machine seems to have this odd phenomenon where after turning it off, there is a blue-red streak across the CRT, Removing the neck board from the CRT makes no difference so it is surely something in the tube. I've attached a photo that hopefully hasn't been scaled down too much. Could it be leakage current or maybe the filament cooling down?

IMG_7455.JPG

Hmm, I imagine cross-border to AZ shipping would be a killer. :(

My guess would be the filament still has some life in it after shutoff, or the high voltage is dissipating more slowly than anticipated, leaving a small artifact on the phosphor for a while. My Space Invaders does that occasionally. Does it only last a couple seconds?

For what it's worth, my Family had an RCA television set that always did something very similar when it was shut-off. We got it in about 1980, and it still worked well in 2001 when we sold it with my Grandparents' house. I doubt that it is anything to worry about with the hardware.