Sign in to follow this  
Cebus Capucinis

👠👜 The Netflix Mom Zone 👒👛 

Now that all us overworked and underappreciated Moms (MOM BOSS, GIRL POWER) finally have somewhere special to chat after little Brayden and Jayden are in bed, what's your favorite part of the newest GIRLS ONLY device?

I'm really hoping it will work in the Yukon that never goes off-road. Will it have The View on it? Or the Hallmark Christmas Channel? I can't wait to have my own remote control, NO MORE FIGHTING OVER THE REMOTE!

Linda was telling me earlier (YOU GO GIRL) over our Activia for lunch that it might actually play Candy Crush or even new games us girls love. SILLY BOYS, VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR GIRLS!

What do you moms think? It'll have Twilight on it.... so excited!!!!!!

Uh oh sorry got to go, Brayden and Jaxxson are trying "science projects" in the kitchen again! A MOM'S WORK IS NEVER DONE, SUPERMOM TO THE RESCUE RIGHT?

• Haha 8

You know, after a tough day of riding horses on the beach, going swimming, and having coffee with the girls, I like nothing better than to sit down with a glass of wine (well, maybe the entire bottle, tee-hee!) and unwind with some Netflix.

The only problem with that was that it was just too danged complicated to use!  I always had to get my husband to figure it out for me.  But once he did, it was smooth sailing from there.  OMG, I just love The Crown and The Great British Baking Show and Anne with an 'E' and Lucifer (but don't tell my hubby about that one, giggle!) and all the other great shows they have.

Now, with the Ataribollocks(tm), I can Netflix to my heart's content - even at Skylar and Vienna's virtual soccer practices!  There aren't a lot of tricky buttons to get confused over, and I just love how they colour-coordinated their corporate logo with our living room curtains!

• Haha 5

Man, you guys never will give up at wasting everyone’s time will you?

if you funded the ataribox campaign it seems all anyone does is bully people for it here.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

if you funded the ataribox campaign it seems all anyone does is bully people for it here.

Why do you hate moms?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

Life's too short, lighten up, Francis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Life's too short, lighten up, Francis.

I’ll lighten up, I’m just saying I’ve sat back and seen plenty people here make fun of the thing since it was announced 3 years ago. If you where never interested in it in the first place but spend your time crapping on it for 3 years? That’s just pretty sad.

3 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

That’s just pretty sad.

No, amusing in a time of complete and utter madness is more like it.  Plus I get to chuckle every time I see a post like yours.

"MOM, he said bad things about this thing I wasted money on and waited forever for!!!111!!!  But mom?"

"Shut up, I am watching Netflix."

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, CPUWIZ said:

No, amusing in a time of complete and utter madness is more like it.  Plus I get to chuckle every time I see a post like yours.

"MOM, he said bad things about this thing I wasted money on and waited forever for!!!111!!!  But mom?"

"Shut up, I am watching Netflix."

Now you need to lighten up Francis.

2 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Why do you hate moms?

I think you're on to something. He doesn't want moms to have Netflix.

Sounds pretty sexist to me. Why can't moms enjoy a low powered Linuxbox with a glass of Barefoot wine, huh?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

Now you need to lighten up Francis.

We won't have any of that in this house, Nancy! You can apologize to your Mother or it's straight to bed!

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

I’ll lighten up, I’m just saying I’ve sat back and seen plenty people here make fun of the thing since it was announced 3 years ago. If you where never interested in it in the first place but spend your time crapping on it for 3 years? That’s just pretty sad.

Here's the thing: we didn't crap on the Fauxtari VCS.  We crapped on Fauxtari themselves, right up to the point where enough became known about the VCS' hardware that we began crapping on it as well.  Had you been paying attention to the taco thread, you would know this.

It's probably worth keeping in mind that crapping on Fauxtari is unlikely to stop anytime soon.  VCS or not, that company is a perpetual source of eye-rolling entertainment by way of their incompetence.  Given that the chances of them getting their act together any time soon are pretty much nil, their comedy goldmine appears to be an infinite vein for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Here's the thing: we didn't crap on the Fauxtari VCS.  We crapped on Fauxtari themselves, right up to the point where enough became known about the VCS' hardware that we began crapping on it as well.  Had you been paying attention to the taco thread, you would know this.

It's probably worth keeping in mind that crapping on Fauxtari is unlikely to stop anytime soon.  VCS or not, that company is a perpetual source of eye-rolling entertainment by way of their incompetence.  Given that the chances of them getting their act together any time soon are pretty much nil, their comedy goldmine appears to be an infinite vein for now.

There’s a reason the taco thread was nuked. Nothing good came out of that thread.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, OldSlabSides said:

There’s a reason the taco thread was nuked. Nothing good came out of that thread.

Do I detect a wee smidge of VCS backer in that comment?  Please inform.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

We were able to keep prospective pigeons informed of l'Atari's lack of efforts AND swap Tex-mex recipes.  How awesome is that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, OldSlabSides said:

I wasn't aware every thread needed profound philanthropic intent.

I'd argue that locking that thread served only to bring the merriment to the previously relatively dour FAQ thread.

• Like 6

I wouldn't know, as a Mom on the go I just don't have the ability to understand these COMPUTER things, so once I get the VCS NETFLIXMOMBOX I'll finally be able to eat my mint chocolate chip ice cream (but not too much tee hee gotta watch my figure) and learn about all these amazing new shows!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Seems like a nice thread to chill in...

If I ever become single I'll come by here first. Might be a single mom in here who will need help with Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I've funded the Taco Box and never got bullied. 

True, but you weren't a dipshit about it, either.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I wouldn't know, as a Mom on the go I just don't have the ability to understand these COMPUTER things, so once I get the VCS NETFLIXMOMBOX I'll finally be able to eat my mint chocolate chip ice cream (but not too much tee hee gotta watch my figure) and learn about all these amazing new shows!

Amen, Sister! Preach it!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I've funded the Taco Box and never got bullied. 

As already mentioned, You don't have your head in the sand and a pickle up your ass about it either.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

@OldSlabSides: no need to clarify - I see that you were a VCS backer from your post in this thread.  Thanks for eliminating any potential confusion!

Surprise surprise amazing detective work! I just don’t get it, you fellas go on to insult me when all I’ve been trying to say is why are you all being a dick to the people that have one and enjoy it? Not everyone has to agree with your feelings and you don’t have to agree with mine.

I just don’t get it, a few of you here in this thread are huge names on this site and I’ve never seen you fellas be such a dick about something.... this is the legitimate VCS sub forum right? I’m not in a meme section?