IGNORED

Literally - new race game from Retronics now avaliable

michomis

As many of you know, game coder Gorgh, from Agenda group, released not long ago his latest game „Literally”. There is not much information about its physical copy release on AA, so I would like to share it with you guys, and show what we are dealing with here. Game was published by Retronics this year and is 5th new game released from this company (along with Laura, Laura New Adventures, Come in 07 and Adam Is Me). „Literally” is literally (sic!) a motor racing game (similar to Speed King, although much better at the graphics and musics point of view, and it is much more playable title).

As we find out from the description on the box: „In this game, taking place in Eighties, you play as Mark, a biker and an owner of a Polish-made WSK 125 motorcycle, as he crosses continents and, in various countries and weather conditions, races other motorcyclists. You can ride up to sixteen different tracks and compete with enemies from various countries. You must also dodge obstacles on the road, which could cause you to crash. In every stage, you must be the fastest to win and thus unlock the next racetrack.”

„Literally” boxed edition comes in big glossy box, and contains:

1. Cartridge with game and label.

2. Colour game manual made from nice glossy paper.

3. Motorcycle model (that can be chosen by order).

The game is completely in English, also the manual and the description on box. Game works on NTSC machines, and need Atari XL/XE computer with 64KB of memory.

The game was also presented on the Polish channel „Gramy na Gazie” by Larek and Borsuk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8pM7B0kRE&t

Authors responsible for this production:

Kamil „Gorgh” Trzaska – idea, code, graphics

Piotr „Piesiu” Radecki – additional graphics

Michał „Caruso” Brzezicki – music

Makary „Makary” Brauner – music

Krzysztof „Kaz” Ziembik – history, manual

Finally, let's add that the game retains the Polish spirit. Those more interested will find a bit more about the history of the automotive industry, here in Poland, in the old comunism era. The game is also a kind of tribute to the character of the Pole, Marek Michel, whom the greatest achievements were two trips he made in 1973-1974 on a WSK 125 type M06-B3 motorcycle. One to India and the other around the world.

Additionally, the game features a bit of humor, as the names and descriptions of the competitors (different on each route) can make you laugh. One of our opponents will be Georgy (known from the tour to St.Petersburg), who, as we are informed by the game: „Never took part in orgy”.

Those interested in physical copy release, can place orders directly at Retronics: orders@retronics.eu. The game is available for $ 49 plus shipping.

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

przerywnik.png

trasa.png

begin.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

• 6 months later...

I'll hopefully be ordering a copy soon. I've meant too, but Pokeymax 3 came along and I got it, then 2 copies of TLS from Sikor Soft, and now I need to get another Pokeymax 3 as I have bricked my V2 Quad + Covox it appears. And that's not counting some expensive purchases recently for the Jaguar and 7800 systems. Though stuff for other systems is rare, 80% of my expendable income for the hobby still goes into the Atari 8-bit. So something I need or want slightly more keeps stopping me. Congrats @Philsan!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I'll hopefully be ordering a copy soon. I've meant too, but Pokeymax 3 came along and I got it, then 2 copies of TLS from Sikor Soft, and now I need to get another Pokeymax 3 as I have bricked my V2 Quad + Covox it appears. So something I need or want slightly more keeps stopping me. Congrats @Philsan!

Think positive:

Buy both and pay only once for shipping. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1