IGNORED

Chaos Chassis - an indie game, for VCS, in development

justclaws

I am excited that Indie developers are quickly jumping on the Atari VCS.

The very experienced developer just posted a link on Facebook about his new game.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/atarivcsfans/
If you don't use Facebook, here is the link to the most recent video of (pre-Alpha) game,
only in development for a couple of weeks, here is the teaser video he added for the game.

There are many links under the video, to follow his project.
https://www.retroninja.com/

* I have no connection with the Atari company, this project, or with the developer.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Tony posted (on Facebook) some new images from his new game in-development for the Atari VCS.
I hope he's OK that I repost them here, Tony, since not everybody does Facebook.
He wrote:
"I've been pretty busy and thus pretty silent lately about Chaos Chassis. In lieu of new footage (because I'm in the middle of things and they're quite broken), here are a couple of WIP screenshots from a week ago, showing new chassis (tank) refinements and most of all, the little alien baddies out to take you down, before you do the same to them!
Let me know what you think.
wait till you see these little bastages trying to flank and bullet-hell you! ?"

chaoschassis2.jpg

chaoschassis1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tony posted an update on Facebook.

Hello all, I've been silent for a bit. Hopefully, I'll have a full-tilt-boogey trailer soon, but my son said I should post some screenshots, so here are a couple of quick shots. ?
Actually, these are the first shots not in split-screen, come to think of it... ?

Here are the associated screenshots. It's looking great!

chaos3.thumb.jpg.8ffa56a6d538db5542f2b9072cde37c8.jpg

chaos4.thumb.jpg.1780d38a75281fa43686a86d1f0f5639.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I asked Tony if there was an update on this game, and good news, yes.
I'm sure Tony won't mind if I repost his reply from Facebook, here. ?

"Wow, a lot of buzz about this Chaos Chassis thing. 

Hello everyone. Sorry to be radio-silent, just I've got a lot of fires in the oven right now, plus Chaos Chassis ended up being stalled a bit by some significant talks with a publisher. Now that that's out of the way, I'm back at it and will be showing something shortly.

In the meantime, here's a shot I don't think anyone's seen..."

chaoschassis.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone, sorry for not being on here in a while, I've been pretty busy and I actually forgot I had ever posted here about VCS stuff, to be honest. (Transparency and all... it's the 2020's! Lol)

So... to catch people up...

I started work on this one a year ago (roughly) and it was initially going to just be "Combat", with PvP-only.  Then, I shifted to a PvE-only arcade-style game, like Jackal or Vindicators. As I worked on it, I actually had a chance to play a game on my VCS devkit, called Unsung Warriors. The game is a co-op platformer and was really fun to play with my son, so I tried it for Chaos Chassis, then made it split-screen.  With the game being split-screen (and running surprisingly well), it made more sense to be less "forced-scroll shmup" and more like my old game series, Desert/Jungle/Urban/Nuclear Strike. So, it's more of a semi-open, mission-based shooter than a traditional shmup.

Besides growing in scope, I also had other games going in the background and all of my games are 1-man-shows. I do the art, coding, music, etc..etc..etc... So, that can make things slow going.

Fast-forward to today (Oct 2021) and the game is coming along in the background and I'm working for a big proper reveal of features and extended gameplay. All of this will come shortly, after my other game, BPM Boy, is released for the VCS, sometime within the next month or so.

Sorry for the wait and radio silence. It's been a good year (or so) of crunch on my 3 games simultaneously in development, but the positive reception always makes it worthwhile and motivating.

In the meantime, here are some shots.

ChaosChassis_Screenshot_081221.jpg

ChaosChassis_Screenshot_102321.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

Hi everyone, sorry for not being on here in a while, I've been pretty busy and I actually forgot I had ever posted here about VCS stuff, to be honest. (Transparency and all... it's the 2020's! Lol)

So... to catch people up...

I started work on this one a year ago (roughly) and it was initially going to just be "Combat", with PvP-only.  Then, I shifted to a PvE-only arcade-style game, like Jackal or Vindicators. As I worked on it, I actually had a chance to play a game on my VCS devkit, called Unsung Warriors. The game is a co-op platformer and was really fun to play with my son, so I tried it for Chaos Chassis, then made it split-screen.  With the game being split-screen (and running surprisingly well), it made more sense to be less "forced-scroll shmup" and more like my old game series, Desert/Jungle/Urban/Nuclear Strike. So, it's more of a semi-open, mission-based shooter than a traditional shmup.

Besides growing in scope, I also had other games going in the background and all of my games are 1-man-shows. I do the art, coding, music, etc..etc..etc... So, that can make things slow going.

Fast-forward to today (Oct 2021) and the game is coming along in the background and I'm working for a big proper reveal of features and extended gameplay. All of this will come shortly, after my other game, BPM Boy, is released for the VCS, sometime within the next month or so.

Sorry for the wait and radio silence. It's been a good year (or so) of crunch on my 3 games simultaneously in development, but the positive reception always makes it worthwhile and motivating.

In the meantime, here are some shots.

ChaosChassis_Screenshot_081221.jpg

ChaosChassis_Screenshot_102321.jpg

This looks amazing and for sure one I'll pick up when it releases.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

On 6/10/2022 at 8:42 AM, justclaws said:

@Tony Barnes I just bought "BPM Boy", and it's as polished so far, as it looked in the videos.
Great work, again.
Now BPM Boy is out, I can hope that you'll spare a bit of time to focus on this one. ?

As soon as I'm done with the free update/DLC for BPM, I'm onto Chaos Chassis.  It's one of 3 games I'm shipping this year.

And LOL... totally random vid of random test I did last year.  Stay tuned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

As soon as I'm done with the free update/DLC for BPM, I'm onto Chaos Chassis.  It's one of 3 games I'm shipping this year.

And LOL... totally random vid of random test I did last year.  Stay tuned.

This has been way high on my list. Looks amazing already.

• Like 1