Sign in to follow this  
justclaws

Chaos Chassis - an indie game, for VCS, in development

I am excited that Indie developers are quickly jumping on the Atari VCS.

The very experienced developer just posted a link on Facebook about his new game.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/atarivcsfans/
If you don't use Facebook, here is the link to the most recent video of (pre-Alpha) game,
only in development for a couple of weeks, here is the teaser video he added for the game.

There are many links under the video, to follow his project.
https://www.retroninja.com/

* I have no connection with the Atari company, this project, or with the developer.

• Like 4

Thanks for the post.  I'll try and keep people up to date and answer any questions people might have, as development continues. 

In the meantime, here's a screenshot taken from the VCS, just in case the video compression messes up the image (video also running on the VCS).

ChaosChassis_Screenshot_122120.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, Chris Brockman said:

Reminds me of Return Fire on the 3DO

That is indeed possible, but considering Return Fire on the 3DO was influenced by the Strike games on the Genesis/MegaDrive, and I made those games, it's all one in the same, isn't it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Tony posted (on Facebook) some new images from his new game in-development for the Atari VCS.
I hope he's OK that I repost them here, Tony, since not everybody does Facebook.
He wrote:
"I've been pretty busy and thus pretty silent lately about Chaos Chassis. In lieu of new footage (because I'm in the middle of things and they're quite broken), here are a couple of WIP screenshots from a week ago, showing new chassis (tank) refinements and most of all, the little alien baddies out to take you down, before you do the same to them!
Let me know what you think.
wait till you see these little bastages trying to flank and bullet-hell you! 😃"

chaoschassis2.jpg

chaoschassis1.jpg

• Like 1

Tony posted an update on Facebook.

Hello all, I've been silent for a bit. Hopefully, I'll have a full-tilt-boogey trailer soon, but my son said I should post some screenshots, so here are a couple of quick shots. 😅
Actually, these are the first shots not in split-screen, come to think of it... 🤔

Here are the associated screenshots. It's looking great!

chaos3.thumb.jpg.8ffa56a6d538db5542f2b9072cde37c8.jpg

chaos4.thumb.jpg.1780d38a75281fa43686a86d1f0f5639.jpg

• Like 1

I asked Tony if there was an update on this game, and good news, yes.
I'm sure Tony won't mind if I repost his reply from Facebook, here. 🙂

"Wow, a lot of buzz about this Chaos Chassis thing. 

Hello everyone. Sorry to be radio-silent, just I've got a lot of fires in the oven right now, plus Chaos Chassis ended up being stalled a bit by some significant talks with a publisher. Now that that's out of the way, I'm back at it and will be showing something shortly.

In the meantime, here's a shot I don't think anyone's seen..."

chaoschassis.jpeg

• Like 1

This game looks fantastic! has a release date been announced? I don’t use Facebook so thanks for grabbing the screen shot, definitely looks like my kinda game those graphics are really looking amazing so far making good use of the VCS hardware.

• Like 1