IGNORED

Sold out! No more left.

Starwander

I recently had a mold made for Atari Jaguar cartridge shells and it has been finished and the first productions are off the press. They are 1:1 copies of the original. I can made other colors, so don't hesitate to ask. They are made in the USA so turn around time is quick. 

Price: $6.99 each

Colors in Stock Currently

Transparent Blue

Black

Solid Yellow

Order Link

Atari Jaguar Shells

Atari Jaguar Cartridge Shell [Transparent Blue] Picture 1.jpg

Atari Jaguar Cartridge Shell [Yellow] Picture 1.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Looks great. It should be noted that a number of people that release their games on cart would not be interested in ordering these because of the inclusion of the Atari logo on the back. One of the stipulations Atari made when they released the Jaguar to the public domain was that their logo could not be used when releasing unlicensed content or product. Of course anyone at home that wants to do a shell swap isn't going to care about that and they may even prefer it.

• Like 1

Looks nice but as Hyper_Eye stated placing the Atari name/logo on there may not have been a good decision as you leave yourself open to potential pursuit for breach of copyright as Atari in one form or another are still a going concern.

I do not know if the decision to place the case screw entry points on the front was an anti-tamper device (damaged label = tampering) or just to hide them for aesthetic reasons and maybe homebrewers would prefer they remain on the front for anti tamper reasons but if you subsequently decide to re-tool the mould to remove the Atari name/logo it may be an opportunity to also consider moving the screw entry points to the rear of the cartridge so that if necessary (i.e. repairs) cartridges could be disassembled without damaging the label.

• Like 1

I think Wave1Games plans to use these blue ones for one of the upcoming games, I think Shark Byte or Fishin Frenzy. I like the clear blue. Anything to spice up the look of the jaguar would be nice

Now tho for someone who is able to make cart shells, can we get someone to make actual CONSOLE SHELLS such as more of the white, clear, or perhaps translucent red? I imagine those would sell very well if we could get some more shells made! They are made for the Dreamcast and PS1 and look gorgeous, and the Jaguar would look bad ass in translucent red!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I think Wave1Games plans to use these blue ones for one of the upcoming games, I think Shark Byte or Fishin Frenzy. I like the clear blue. Anything to spice up the look of the jaguar would be nice

Now tho for someone who is able to make cart shells, can we get someone to make actual CONSOLE SHELLS such as more of the white, clear, or perhaps translucent red? I imagine those would sell very well if we could get some more shells made! They are made for the Dreamcast and PS1 and look gorgeous, and the Jaguar would look bad ass in translucent red!

That would be a very expensive proposition however if I could get the original shells I could probably make it happen. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Starwander said:

That would be a very expensive proposition however if I could get the original shells I could probably make it happen. 

for sure if there was a way to make them that would be awesome! Someone made the clear ones ages ago and they are no longer available. 

17 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Al has the molds for the console.

I don't know how well they would sell considering that there is not an available supply of Jag system boards.

Mitch

You wouldn't need any new system boards. People can just swap out their old shells with the new ones.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 12:14 PM, Mitch said:

I don't know how well they would sell

As I say every time this even comes close to being mentioned, I would buy at least one clear Jaguar system case. Given my Jaguars seem to be mysteriously multiplying, probably more than one.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, cubanismo said:

As I say every time this even comes close to being mentioned, I would buy at least one clear Jaguar system case. Given my Jaguars seem to be mysteriously multiplying, probably more than one.

You are certainly not the first to mention this. I agree I think there is a demand for the system shells. 

• Like 2

The molds for the console shells were modified to mount that dental equipment, screw posts and the like. If new shells are ever cast, hit me up and I will design 3D printed brackets that the Jaguar mainboard can screw into securely without drilling into the new housing plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...