IGNORED

ThrustLander - retro-inspired cave flyer (in VCS Store)

justclaws

1 hour ago, swlovinist said:

Thank you for looking into this.   I love the game and am currently playing it today on my day off.   Also there is a menu overlap in the game...menus of two different screens overlap.   I am sure he is aware of this bug but just a heads up.   

Yes, I reported that bug too, he has already fixed that one, and it will be fixed in the next update!
@Rob Capper (FYI)

21 hours ago, swlovinist said:

I love this game!   #1 For me on the VCS for me.   I am having an issue and do not know if this is just a controller issue for me or something else.   When I try to play Thrustlander with a wireless modern controller, The controller cannot move the menu on the title screen.   I have to hook up the modern controller with a USB cable and play that way.   The controller works fine on all other games that I have wireless.  

1 hour ago, swlovinist said:

Thank you for looking into this.   I love the game and am currently playing it today on my day off.   Also there is a menu overlap in the game...menus of two different screens overlap.   I am sure he is aware of this bug but just a heads up.   

Thank you! I always love to hear when people are enjoying the game, it means a lot when people take the time out to post about it. ?

The controller issue should be fixed for the next release as is the overlapping UI issue. I always appreciate any bug reports so if you encounter anything else, please don't be shy in letting me know.

30 minutes ago, justclaws said:

Yes, I reported that bug too, he has already fixed that one, and it will be fixed in the next update!
@Rob Capper (FYI)

Thanks! yes you are quite right. Should be incoming! ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Capper said:

Thank you! I always love to hear when people are enjoying the game, it means a lot when people take the time out to post about it. ?

The controller issue should be fixed for the next release as is the overlapping UI issue. I always appreciate any bug reports so if you encounter anything else, please don't be shy in letting me know.

Thanks! yes you are quite right. Should be incoming! ?

You are most welcome.   Always nice to see programmers here and happy to report anything else.    I have been playing this game all morning and really like it.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2022 at 8:58 PM, tripled79 said:

Playing this game today. Does anybody know how many levels are in this game?

I know this! There are 128 destroy missions and 128 retro missions with unique maps. So 256. It is a little more complex than that though. The destroy missions have x4 variations of the map rotated at 90° increments. Then there are 128 timed missions which utilize the same map. That means to complete the game in its entirety (100%) you need to beat 768 levels!

Generally on the easiest setting you are travelling up and on the hardest difficulty you are travelling down. Timed missions are a great way to learn how to fly and show just how fast you can go once you get comfortable. The retro missions are great palette cleansers and are heavily inspired by 2600 era games.

20 minutes ago, justclaws said:

I'm fairly sure the developer @Rob Capper does!
This game is a real challenge which should not be overlooked...

This is very true. The game is extremely challenging. I highly recommend playing on the easiest setting to begin with. The best advice I can give is to get comfortable flying the ship. Timed missions can be a great way of doing this because you do not need to worry about enemies. Treating encounters strategically is also a great piece of advice, think about the best angle of attack for your ship that gives you the most opportunity and puts you in the least danger. You can also equip the ship with different loadouts to suit your individual playstyle. 

I have a gameplay video which breaks down some of the game elements and loudouts.

Thank you for buying the game, I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it!

• Like 1