IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

UPDATE: (October 2nd 2022)

Hello,

I finished sending all "address confirmation" emails 24 hours ago.

Most of you already confirmed or updated the address but there are still more than 20 people who hasn't.

Please CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK MAIL FOLDERS and my email should be there, or the email address you used for making the pre-order.

If you still can't find it, please contact me via private mail or via our online shop.

UPDATE: (September 29th 2022)

Hello folks,

Today, finally, I bring you good news.

We received the cartridges a few hours ago. FINALLY!

In order to fulfill all the pre-orders we will need a couple of weeks: 

We will have to check them all one by one, stick the label/sticker, put them in the box and wrap it with protective plastic bubbles (I don't know how it's really called, but I hope you understand me), make the packages and send all the pre-orders.

But first I will send you (beginning tomorrow) an email to each and everyone of you in order to confirm the shipping address since it might have changed after so much time.

This will take me a few days, so please check your spam/junk email folder at least once a day until you receive a message about "Kai Magazine: The sorrow of Gadhlan' Thur pre-order" and please answer it even if your address is correct and the same.

In order to avoid getting these very limited carts lost in the mail, we will not send the game until the address has been confirmed.

The amount of carts and shells of this kind in existance is limited, the ones we and other publishers have received were manufactured 2 years ago, and AFAIK no more have been manufactured so far since then.

Pleople are trying to create carts with the same features but those are still ongoing projects by third party developers.

So each cart is precious and limited at this date. Basically irreplaceable, so far. So we must try to avoid any game being lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address.

I really want to thank you for the huge patience you all had, for your understanding of this "out of my hands" situation and for your huge support.

I still mantain to this day that the Intellivision community is by far the BEST community I have been envolved with.

If this carts situation is ever resolved, you can be sure that we will make more games for you guys. Happy to do so and noone deserves it more than you guys.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything, really.

One last thing:

We have been receiving many requests to be able to purchase this game after the sales stopped.

We managed to adquire 45 extra cartridges. I sent emails to everyone who clicked on the "let me know when this product is back in stock" (check your spam folder if you did but you don't see the email).

In the 2 hours since I sent those emails, 11 games have been sold already (out of 45) and I very much doubt more will be made any time soon, so if you wish to purchase the game now is your chance.

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/The_Sorrow_of_Gadhlan_Thur_for_Intellivision_(Shipment_by_the_end_of_October_2022)/p4398489_20901779.aspx

As I said, I don't know if or when more carts will be available.

This second batch of 45 games will be sent after all the original pre-orders have been sent, so I expect we will be able to ship these 45 games by the end of next month (in 3 or 4 weeks from today).

Thank you again everyone for being literally the best community I have ever had the pleasure to be part of.

Best regards,

Oscar Kenneth.

UPDATE: (October 12th, 2021)

«The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur» digital release (ROM for LTO flash and jzintv emulator).

After gathering all the feedback that you guys gave over the last 2 or 3 days here:

At this moment I can offer the following (which is pretty much everything you guys asked for and I could do at this moment):

I've put the rom for sale on the Kai Magazine Software store, compatible with LTO Flash and jzintv emulator.

The price is 17 Euro, which (today) is less than $20, which is the lowest amount that has been suggested. The digital release contains digital versions of the cover (box), manual, overlays and cartridge sticker.

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/product_preview/p4398489_21444598.aspx

BUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT:

Anyone who pre-ordered this game or bought it after the pre-order can request the ROM for free (whith the caviat that in the event of a refund, the price of the ROM would be substracted from the refund).

This means you don't have to pay twice. Only in the event of a necessary pre-order cancelation due to third party circumstances, the price would be deducted from the refund.

Those who paid for the game and who are interested on the rom just have to contact me (via atariage PM, facebook messenger, online shop messaging system etc) and I will send it to them in less than 24 hours (because of different time zones, etc).

Some people have also requested to be able to get the box, cover, manual, label and overlays in advance.

I am happy to send it to them since those are sitting in boxes since February, so no problem, I can send those to anyone who already paid for the game.

This would only mean that when the carts are available, they would have to pay the shipping costs of the cart.

In the unfortunate event of a pre-order cancellation caused by a third party, we would deduct the cost of this materials (which are 15 euro) and the shipping costs (which unfortunatelly are the same as the whole game if we use registered mail, but we can explore cheaper options).

If someone who didn’t already pay for the game wishes to buy the box, cover, manual, label and overlays together with the ROM, I can create an item in our online shop in order to buy that as well.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding and huge support!

UPDATE (old, but still current): 

The pre-order period for this game has expired, but you can still order it at full price (Shipment date yet to be determined)

Except for the cartridges, everything else is ready (Manuals, boxes, covers, stickers, overlays) to begin the shipments to those of you who pre-ordered the game.
The cartridge manufacturer is very busy and he has not given us an estimated date of when we should receive them.
This means that the shipments (which should begin now) will be delayed and I will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed date.
I am very sorry about this, but there are things that are outside of our hands/control.
Thank you very much for your support and your patience.

______

Hello, I am Oscar Kenneth, from Kai Magazine Software (John Hassink, Mighel Angel Jimenez, Victor Sanchez and me), the developers of Ninja Odyssey,TNT Cowboy,A.F.: Anthropomorphic Force, A Tale of Dragons and Swords and Star Mercenary for Intellivision (Among many other games for other systems such as MSX2 and PC).

I wish to present you our latest creation:

The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur is the first «Metroidvania» game for the Intellivision.

The «Metroidvania» genre was born in the 90’s and it is tremendously popular these days.

This side-view action RPG genre is a mixture of «Metroid» elements and «Calstlevania Symphony of the Night» elements where the player explores an open world and he finds objects which will grant him the ability to reach places he could not reach before, therefore expanding the bounds of the world he can explore.

Usually the main character begins as a weak character and as the game advances he becomes stronger and has better equipment and new abilities that will allow him to explore further and to defeat stronger foes.

The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur for Intellivision includes all these elements and more.

It is a carefully balanced mixture between Castlevania: Simon’s quest, Cadash, Zelda 2 and many other games.

-Explore a huge open world and find powerful ancient relics.

-Find new towns where you can save your progress and upgrade your equipment.

-Explore dungeons and temples from a forgotten civilization.

-Increase your fighting skills and abilities to engage smart and challenging enemies with an artificial intelligence never seen before on Intellivision.

-Take advantage of the environment and sneak by your enemies by staying outside of their field of view.

-Use throwing weapons to get rid of the most aggressive enemies before they can come close to you.

Game Features:

-Different animated backgrounds, giving a more immersive experience to the player.

-Enemies and objects will remain active even when outside the view screen thus increasing the game-play area twice the screen area. (This feature is commonly found only on 16bit video-games since the late 80’s and 90’s).

-Quickly and easily save your progress in the game cartridge.

-High quality package with a very nice plastic box, a very high resolution cover and a big, high quality game manual.

-Beautiful cover art by Miguel Angel Jimenez (as usual)

-Nice and catchy in-game background music by John Hassink (as usual)

-Incredible Intro music, amazingly synchronized to the events shown in the intro by Manuel Dopico

-Story written by Victor Sanchez and me.

Here you can see a video of the game from the beginning, and near the end of the video you can see 2 more advanced areas where the player has more items and abilities.

The video does not look nearly as smooth as the real thing, so don’t get scared by the lack of smoothness here.

Game-play video (NTSC colors):

We started this project on summer 2019, after finishing and publishing the MSX2 version. This Intellivision version took twice the time and effort to complete than any other Intellivision game we made before.

An incredible amount of hours and hours of optimization and coding went into this game. I did not stop optimizing the code and re-assigning the memory assets until we were able to include everything we wanted to include.

This time, we will self publish this game with the help of the Intellivision community (you, guys ^_^) as we always did before in the MSX community and PC.

This way the game can have as much development time as we want and we can deliver it with the package quality we think it deserves.

The pre-order period starts today and will finish on January 21.

The estimated Pre-order shipments should begin on February 2021.

Shipments will be made in strict payment order: The first one who pays will be the first one to be shipped, and so on.

Pre-ordering not only helps us but to you guys as well: All the Pre-order will have a 5 euro discount (55 Euro instead of 60 Euro). After the pre-order period finishes, the game will be priced at 60 Euro.

Also, everyone who Pre-order this game will have his name or nickname (as you prefer) in the “Special Thanks” section of the game manual, so your contribution to help this game see the light will be immortalized ^_^

Shipment outside the European Union: 15,80 Euro (up to 3 games in the same package. More than 3 games: 21.80 Euro)

Shipment to the European Union: 12,80 Euro (up to 3 games in the same package. More than 3 games: 15.75 Euro)

Shipment to Spain: 6.10 Euro (up to 3 games in the same package. More than 3 games: 10,70 Euro)

Pre-order link:

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/The_Sorrow_of_Gadhlan_Thur_for_Intellivision_(Shipment_time_yet_to_be_determined)/p4398489_20901779.aspx

Very Special thanks:

Joe Zbiciak

Oscar Toledo

Arturo Ragozinni

And you guys, for your support!

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.24.01.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.24.20.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.24.32.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.24.49.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.24.55.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.25.00.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.25.05.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.25.10.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.25.37.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.26.12.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.26.21.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.26.48.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.28.38.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.29.23.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.29.51.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.30.19.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.31.27.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.32.33.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.32.52.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.33.47.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.34.36.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.35.06.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.35.46.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.36.08.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.36.40.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.37.16.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.37.49.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.38.03.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.38.17.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.38.44.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-20 16.39.49.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-21 09.39.03.png

sorrow cover intellivision quarter.png

thumbnail_P10228-200645.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-200701.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-200719.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-200731.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-201355.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-201415.jpg

thumbnail_P10228-201442.jpg

Edited by Kai_Magazine
update
  • Like 18

Thank you!

I am sure you will love the Kai Magazine exclusive box, noone else can purchase them since those are only manufactured near where I live.

Kai Magazine boxes are one of the best regarded among the msx community for their quality and curiously enough they are almost the same size as the Intellivision boxes, but being made of plastic, these boxes will last for generations.

Happy Xmas!

• Like 3

Uuuhh... I just notticed that I made a mistake in the game description, we started this project on summer 2019, not summer 2020, but I can no longer edit that.

Does anyone know how to update the first newspost so I can update as new information about the progress is available, etc?

I saw many people does that, but I don't know how ^_^!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Uuuhh... I just notticed that I made a mistake in the game description, we started this project on summer 2019, not summer 2020, but I can no longer edit that.

Does anyone know how to update the first newspost so I can update as new information about the progress is available, etc?

I saw many people does that, but I don't know how ^_^!

I was going to say, if you had a game like this written from start to finish in only a few months, you've got some unnatural talent within your team!  Either way, I'm still very impressed.