IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

Hello @Kai_Magazine

I contaced you via mail, you responded me quickly, thanks :) And I have to say some words to the upcoming concerns:

I cant really say that I know Joe, but if I had to deal with him he was awesome and generous and as we all know he has done incredible things for the Intellivision Community. I get that Kai_Magazine has to move on, they explained it very well and as a business you sometimes have to make descisions some may not like. So I completely get their point and wish them all the best, hopefully the situation solves soon and may we see us again in the future. I really would like it, because the games had extraordinary quality in my opinion and were always top notch.

But have not the slightest of fear in this situation as a customer. I am sure Joe will deliver, but sometimes real life is a bitch and especially in this pandemic situation it gets harder and harder for thousands of unforeseen reasons. I wish Joe all the best, but I have no doubt he will do his job. All the details in the background between Kai and Joe are nothing I concern, just not my business.

I hope I made clear what I wanted to say, English is not my first language and so it sometimes twists the sense a bit in the wrong direction xD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, alevin16 said:

I am trying to get to the website to order a game but the link does not work for me.  Is there something up?

The link does work for me (I just tried it) and it does work for all the people who have been requesting to be notified when the game is back on sale again, so if the link gave you an error it must be some weird incompatibility.

Please do try to disable your addblocks or try from a different internet browser (or the cellphone). The online shop is in working order and we receive orders for other games every day.

Regarding this particular game, even if the link works for you, you will see it is not in stock. This is because we are still waiting for cartridges from the manufacturer.

Anyway you can send a "notify me when back in stock" request from there and I will make sure to notify everyone who has requested to know when the game is sold again.

Thank you very much for your interest ^_^

Stay safe!

Oscar Kenneth

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

@Kai_Magazine have you considered another cartridge manufacturer? Maybe @jaybird3rd would be up to the task? His cartridges for the Mattel Aquarius are great.

Yes, I did, but as I stated previously, Joe's carts are the only ones that can fit this game. It is more than 200Kb big.

Edit: 

Oh, perhaps you mean for future projects?

Sure, I am open to anything, but first I need to deliver this game to all the people who is waiting for it.

Edit 2.0

I just sent him a private message asking for info. Thank you for your suggestion.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 3

I did try to contact with Joe many times via all the methods I know (2 emails, facebook messenger...) to no avail. 
But since I am not the only one who is in this situation I am not worried. I am sure that once Joe is free from all his work overload things will go back to normal for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Yes, I did, but as I stated previously, Joe's carts are the only ones that can fit this game. It is more than 200Kb big.

I'm almost there with another project... it's amazing how space goes fast, isn't it?

Maybe multi-cart games will become a thing, similar to the old days when we had to change disks? ;-)

"Please turn off the system, insert cart #2 and type this code: ABCXYZ123"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I did try to contact with Joe many times via all the methods I know (2 emails, facebook messenger...) to no avail. 
But since I am not the only one who is in this situation I am not worried. I am sure that once Joe is free from all his work overload things will go back to normal for everyone.

Oy. I hope Joe's OK.  I think 5 11 under can also produce Intellivision carts.  I did chat with him once about it. 

48 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Oy. I hope Joe's OK.  I think 5 11 under can also produce Intellivision carts.  I did chat with him once about it. 

I am affraid I don't know who "5 11 under" is.

If you could write me a PM with his contact information I would sure contact him in order to get some info for future projects (The Sorrow of Gadhlan' Thur will be made with Joe's carts no matter what. I am a man of my word).

2 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I'm almost there with another project... it's amazing how space goes fast, isn't it?

Maybe multi-cart games will become a thing, similar to the old days when we had to change disks? ;-)

"Please turn off the system, insert cart #2 and type this code: ABCXYZ123"

LOL!

Just like "multi-load" Spanish Zx spectum games!

That would be something ^_^!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alevin16 said:

I do not remember if I replied to this topic or not (I probably did and my senior moment is hitting me) but I would like to be put on any list so I get one.  Thanks!
alevin16

Thank you for your interest, alevin16.

As soon as we get access to the necessary cartridges we will let anyone know that the game is avaliable again.

Take care!