IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

6 hours ago, cmadruga said:

What about making the rom available to those who made pre-orders? ?

Yes, some people has asked me about that via private messages.

If we send the rom to those who made pre-orders and then it turns out that the worst happens and the carts never arrive and we refund everyone we will not even have the chance to sell the rom.

This game took a lot of time and work to do, more than any other Intellivision release we made.

If we eventually have to refund the preorders, being able to sell the roms helps a bit to recover part of the huge loss that this implies, which is many thousands of Dollars.

This is a very weird and unconfortable situation, and scary too. If I knew at a 100% certainty that the carts will arrive, and relativelly soon, at this point I would send the roms to those who bought it, but my faith on receiving the carts is getting lower every month.

I know this might sound too pragmatic and direct for some people but I am a very transparent person, and please remember this is not just a hobby for me (it is for some of my collaborators, but not for me), it is my job (which I LOVE) , my livelyhood, it is how I pay the bills and I feed my kids.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 7

It is a tough situation for sure.

On the other hand, this community is very supportive and appreciative of your work.

I for one can’t wait to play the game! 

Of course it is your call, but maybe one idea would be to offer the rom. Whoever would accept it, would automatically forgo a complete refund of the preorder. Maybe they would become eligible to 50% or so.

Still, I’m sure many people would take the rom AND stick with the preorder. I would be one of them.

At least on your side you get some predictability, as related to cash flow.

Anyway, hang in there my friend!

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 1

I see what you are saying, that doesn't sound bad.

I must think of the unforseen consequences/side effects, but as you said this community excels by its support and understanding.

We could sell the rom at a certain price, but it would be free for those who pre-ordered the game, with the condition of, if we eventually have to refund all the preorders, we would deduct the price of the rom for those who accepted it.

Would that be ok for you guys? What do you guys think?

And what would be a fair price for the (unprotected, emulator playable, piracy susceptible) rom?

Please let me know what do you guys think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ouch, then we gotta hope and wait…

But if the EB will never see the light I would like to get the box, manual and overlays any way…

Sure, We have those printed since February, they are in boxes at my place waiting for the carts.

I am more than happy to sell them (or deduct them from the pre-order refund if the worst case scenario arrives) for those interested.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Sure, We have those printed since February, they are in boxes at my place waiting for the carts.

I am more than happy to sell them (or deduct them from the pre-order refund if the worst case scenario arrives) for those interested.

I am sorry that this situation is happening due to no fault of your own.

If it comes to the conclusion that the boards,carts are never coming I would be more than happy for you to keep my game deposit in exchange for the box and inner contents. 

Hopefully it doesnt come to that,but those are just my sentiments and thoughts.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I am sorry that this situation is happening due to no fault of your own.

If it comes to the conclusion that the boards,carts are never coming I would be more than happy for you to keep my game deposit in exchange for the box and inner contents. 

Hopefully it doesnt come to that,but those are just my sentiments and thoughts.

Wow! You are too kind, wolfy, but that would not feel right to me.

Cool! But, as far as I’m I concerned, no need for refund: you can send the ROM and keep the cost of the EB as a credit for the next game you will release or for the cartridge, if one day you will be able to make it (I’m willing to pay for shipping costs for the cartridge if it comes after).

In this way you will avoid any loss on your side too.?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Wow! You are too kind, wolfy, but that would not feel right to me.

I know that is probably not the way the majority of folks feel,but at least for me that's fine.

You should not be penalized for all your hard work and efforts put into trying to make this hapoen.

The money I put in is way behind me in the rear view mirror by now.

I would hate for this situation to hinder you in any way moving forward in developing other great games for myself and all Intellivision game players and collectors. That's it!?

• Like 3

ok, now I am getting emotional, honestly.

You guys are really the best!

Whatever happens, I promise you guys we will release more games for the Intellivision, even if it is for free on our spare time.

I don't know what else to say, I am kind of overwhelmed right now.

Thank you guys for your great support and empathy!

Edited by Kai_Magazine

Even if it came down to a rom release I'd still like to buy the boxed materials.

My priority is always playing these games but I still really appreciate everything that comes with a physical release.

Whether it's a dedicated cart or LTO Flash plugged in your console, you have the same experience with the box, manual and overlays.

Even an empty labeled cart would be nice to include if rom only releases become necessary until a pcb solution is found.

At that point game boards or full carts could be sold to complete boxed games.

• Like 2

I think in addition to the rom, making the box/manual/overlay available to ship ahead of the cart sounds good.  Folks could choose what they prefer and their selection would count toward the pre-order deposit already made.

I’m not concerned about not seeing the cartridges, it’s just a matter of time.

• Like 3