IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

22 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Moving on:

Yesterday I posted an update about what it has been discussed in this thread.

I see the feedback has pretty much stopped by now, so we are moving forward;

After gathering all the feedback that you guys gave over the last 2 or 3 days here, at this moment I can offer the following (which is pretty much everything you guys asked for and I could do at this moment):

I've put the rom for sale on the Kai Magazine Software store, compatible with LTO Flash and jzintv emulator.

The price is 17 Euro, which (today) is less than $20, which is the lowest amount that has been suggested. The digital release contains digital versions of the cover (box), manual, overlays and cartridge sticker.

https://kai-magazine-software.fwscart.com/product_preview/p4398489_21444598.aspx

BUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT:

Anyone who pre-ordered this game or bought it after the pre-order can request the ROM for free (whith the caviat that in the event of a refund, the price of the ROM would be substracted from the refund).

This means you don't have to pay twice. Only in the event of a necessary pre-order cancelation due to third party circumstances, the price would be deducted from the refund.

Those who paid for the game and who are interested on the rom just have to contact me (via atariage PM, facebook messenger, online shop messaging system etc) and I will send it to them in less than 24 hours (because of different time zones, etc).

Some people have also requested to be able to get the box, cover, manual, label and overlays in advance.

I am happy to send it to them since those are sitting in boxes since February, so no problem, I can send those to anyone who already paid for the game.

This would only mean that when the carts are available, they would have to pay the shipping costs of the cart.

In the unfortunate event of a pre-order cancellation caused by a third party, we would deduct the cost of this materials (which are 15 euro) and the shipping costs (which unfortunatelly are the same as the whole game if we use registered mail, but we can explore cheaper options).

If someone who didn’t already pay for the game wishes to buy the box, cover, manual, label and overlays together with the ROM, I can create an item in our online shop in order to buy that as well.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding and huge support!

Oscar, I wanted to buy the ROM but at the time of payment it makes me enter only the card number while the "expiration date" and CCV fields seem to be blocked and does not make me write anything. There is no PayPal option? Thanks

11 minutes ago, MonsterSky said:

Oscar, I wanted to buy the ROM but at the time of payment it makes me enter only the card number while the "expiration date" and CCV fields seem to be blocked and does not make me write anything. There is no PayPal option? Thanks

I have been receiving Paypal payments regularly but I just tried to add Stripe to the online shop and I probably messed up something.

I reverted the changes so now you should be able to proceed without issues.

Sorry about that!

3 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wish the Jump button was on the right and the Action button on the left but that's probably just me.  Fun game.  Got to level 8 before I had to start working.  This type of game is my jam.  Trying to resist playing some more.

Don't resist... Give in! Get a sick day! Adventure awaits for noone!

^_^

Thank you for sharing this, I love to hear that you like it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I have been receiving Paypal payments regularly but I just tried to add Stripe to the online shop and I probably messed up something.

I reverted the changes so now you should be able to proceed without issues.

Sorry about that!

I don't see any PayPal option and the payment is still impossible:

image.thumb.png.ff9f159e29c4dcdce577783be0c586e4.png

9 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wish the Jump button was on the right and the Action button on the left but that's probably just me.  Fun game.  Got to level 8 before I had to start working.  This type of game is my jam.  Trying to resist playing some more.

Jump on both lower buttons and the status on one of keyboard buttons ( maybe on Zero) would be perfect. It’s an awesome game but I struggle with jumping.

2 hours ago, MonsterSky said:

I don't see any PayPal option and the payment is still impossible:

image.thumb.png.ff9f159e29c4dcdce577783be0c586e4.png

That's weird, I received a couple of orders in the last hours, both paid via Paypal.

Have you tried another browser? or with a cell phone?

It could be an incompatibility...

If you can't succeed, please send me a PM and I will give you my paypal address and the amount to send.

5 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

It's strange, I am right handed and I configured the controls in a way that I found it easiest (to me at least).

I finished the game many times with the original controllers without issues but I guess I am used to it.

It's probably because Pitfall uses the top two buttons but I only use the right side so I assume jumping is on the right.  I will adapt.

Level 10 and I have the green rune.

18 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

It's probably because Pitfall uses the top two buttons but I only use the right side so I assume jumping is on the right.  I will adapt.

Level 10 and I have the green rune.

I'm at level 14... starting to feel the need to take some notes so I don't forget to explore some parts... the world is huge!

Also thinking about how to do some upgrades... may need to do some grinding to get the money.

All the money has been going to health potions. Being clumsy when engaging enemies gets expensive ?

4 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I'm at level 14... starting to feel the need to take some notes so I don't forget to explore some parts... the world is huge!

Also thinking about how to do some upgrades... may need to do some grinding to get the money.

All the money has been going to health potions. Being clumsy when engaging enemies gets expensive ?

I have been buying knife belts for all the knives I don't have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

It's strange, I am right handed and I configured the controls in a way that I found it easiest (to me at least).

I finished the game many times with the original controllers without issues but I guess I am used to it.

Would it be possible to offer in the options menu at the start different control schemes.

21 minutes ago, Intymike said:

Would it be possible to offer in the options menu at the start different control schemes.

I don't remember how much freedom the control scheme allows in order to be changed but in principle it should be possible.

I will look into it in about 2 weeks when I hope to have some spare time (after I send the boxes that have been requested/ordered) since right now we are in the middle of a launch and I am spread too thin, like too little butter over too much bread (Bilbo Baggins, Lord of the rings 1)

Anyway, fair warning: a new rom version will mean you will lose any progress you achieved in the current version. At least on the LTO Flash.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I don't remember how much freedom the control scheme allows in order to be changed but in principle it should be possible.

I suppose all occurrences of CONT.B0, CONT.B1, CONT.B2 need to be replaced by CONT AND b0var etc, and you set that variable at start to the bit patterns of respective button. It would seem that B0 = 160, B1 = 96, B2 = 192 but you would double check that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

That's weird, I received a couple of orders in the last hours, both paid via Paypal.

Have you tried another browser? or with a cell phone?

It could be an incompatibility...

If you can't succeed, please send me a PM and I will give you my paypal address and the amount to send.

Tried with Chrome, Edge and from mobile phone, all the same. I sent you a PM. Thanks.

Got the ROM on my LTO today, but I have just played a few minutes. As Usual I am using Grips Arcade-Stick and its really a pleasure, fluid gameplay with a nice controller. I cant tell much about the game so far, besides the graphics are still way above average, but I liked the art style of TNT Cowboy more. I am not a programmer, so I have no idea if its more ore less impressive, I just think ot fits better to the capability of the console. Gameplay felt on point, very smooth controls.

Only minor thing: I would have liked of the buildings in the village had signs like "Potion Store" or "Inn". Its no big deal, because after a few visits you sure can tell. but it would be nice at the biginning and also seems quite normal that a shop has some kind of advertisement to show that its no private house.

Hopefully I find time to go deeper in the game the next days. I like that fall damage is a thing, even if I got my first one in the village, not able to reproduce it somehow. I made a swordattack while I was in air and landed on a villager and somehow took damage. I first thought he attacked me, but he wasnt hostile and did not hit me again, despite I tried to slash him to death.

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback ^_^

The style of this game goes accordingly with its serious mood, while TNT Cowboy's style goes better with its humoristic mood (IMO).

Regarding the signs, there were simply not enough tiles/cards available to do that. Offcourse I would have loved to include them if I could, but it wasn't possible without removing something from somewhere else (within the town).

"I tried to slash him to death."

Be nice to the villagers, please ^_^;

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ignorama said:

ITS MY VILLAGE! But is there another way to talk to them despite slashing them right in the face? :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes man, just press UP in the proximity of a villager ^_^; I belive it is explained in the manual but I am not 100% sure so I might be wrong.

Anyway intimidation also works well in order to make them talk, as you well know by now ^_^