IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

3 hours ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

I bought the digital rom but received no link to download it via the site or by email. Can you look into it? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, I live in Europe and I was sleeping when you purchased the rom.
There is no automatic link, I send them manually to your email ^_^;
I just did, so you should have received it now.
If you don't see an email from me please check the spam folder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Sorry for the delay, I live in Europe and I was sleeping when you purchased the rom.
There is no automatic link, I send them manually to your email ^_^;
I just did, so you should have received it now.
If you don't see an email from me please check the spam folder.

I received the email with the rom. Many Thanks. I'm looking forward to enjoying this after work today. Thank You.

Finally got a chance to sink some hours in to this yesterday. Awesome game, Really well done! ?? Just noticed my name in the back of the manual too.. Far out! Quite the pleasant surprise. Glad I supported this release, as it's another one of those 'must-have' Inty games!

I know there's the MSX version, but hopefully some play throughs on YouTube show up someday. I'd love to see somebody speedrun it! ? Love me some speedruns.

BTW, I'm totally preordering Metal Dragon for the Genesis that you guys are doing too.. sick looking game! Love the humor too. ?

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Finally got a chance to sink some hours in to this yesterday. Awesome game, Really well done! ?? Just noticed my name in the back of the manual too.. Far out! Quite the pleasant surprise. Glad I supported this release, as it's another one of those 'must-have' Inty games!

I know there's the MSX version, but hopefully some play throughs on YouTube show up someday. I'd love to see somebody speedrun it! ? Love me some speedruns.

BTW, I'm totally preordering Metal Dragon for the Genesis that you guys are doing too.. sick looking game! Love the humor too. ?

Thank you very much!

5 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I’m having trouble getting to the next town. I have the boots, a ring, and a blue book which I just found last night.

I would recommend that you first find the throwing knives (at the snowy area, west of the first town, which now you can travel to running with the boots and jumping).

Once you have the knives (and you increase the maximum amount you can carry in the first town) find the throwing axes and the first magic sword.

You must also find the relic that opens the green magic doors. Then you can travel east of the first town and get to the desert town, upgrade your axes, listen to the villagers who will give you clues, and then you can travel to the snowy area, you will have to go through a big underground temple and you will reach the surface again. Travel to the west a bit more and you will find the third village. Listen to the villagers for clues and from there you can go find the Fu'kin helmet.

Once you have the helmet you can perform a double jump. Then you can explore most of the world map and find all rings, books, keys etc.

Take a look at the manual to see how to use certain relics such as the teleporter, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I would recommend that you first find the throwing knives (at the snowy area, west of the first town, which now you can travel to running with the boots and jumping).

Once you have the knives (and you increase the maximum amount you can carry in the first town) find the throwing axes and the first magic sword.

You must also find the relic that opens the green magic doors. Then you can travel east of the first town and get to the desert town, upgrade your axes, listen to the villagers who will give you clues, and then you can travel to the snowy area, you will have to go through a big underground temple and you will reach the surface again. Travel to the west a bit more and you will find the third village. Listen to the villagers for clues and from there you can go find the Fu'kin helmet.

Once you have the helmet you can perform a double jump. Then you can explore most of the world map and find all rings, books, keys etc.

Take a look at the manual to see how to use certain relics such as the teleporter, etc.

Thank you! Sounds like I have lots to do. I do have a bunch of knives, but no axes. No sword upgrade.

5 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

How many towns are there total? I thought only 3... I've found two so far. I need that helmet. I see platforms taunting me just out of reach.

There is a total of 3 towns.

The helmet is near the snowy town.

You can press "3" to teleport there (if you have the teleporter relic and you previously visited that town) and just leave the town and start climbing up towards the sky...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intelligentleman said:

I definitely want to find the master sword.

Can that be obtained before the keys?

You can obtain it now. The keys are just to gain access to the Gadhlan'Thur temple/statue in the snowy town, so those are the last item you need to adquire.

When you have all the keys and the relic beyond the desert you can head to the end of the game.

• Like 1

Thanks, friend. This has been some of the best video gaming I’ve had in recent memory.

i have one request for a v2… I REALLY want to be able to slash the fruit in the trees.

Is that a possibility? I don’t even need to get points. If it made a sound and did something when slashed, that’d be reward enough. 

If it also gave +1 HP back, I wouldn’t be mad.

Really? ^_^;

The problem is this game is designed on a very particular way in order to achieve these results.

I did not mix tile-based objets with sprite objects like I did in other games for performance and limitation reasons. All items, objects and characters you interact in the game are sprites.

While it would be tecnically possible to do it (altough I think I don't have any variables left for that), it would be an incredible amount of work, re-design, possible new bugs and definitivelly, performance issues.

Since that would only be a gymmick without any real utility, and it actually could potentially even break the game (the apples would appear inmediatelly if you scrolled their original location far enough out of the screen and then you came back since I can't store their status due to lack of free variables, thus allowing the player to recover full health that way), I hope you understand that I will not be implementing that, sorry...

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Really? ^_^;

The problem is this game is designed on a very particular way in order to achieve these results.

I did not mix tile-based objets with sprite objects like I did in other games for performance and limitation reasons. All items, objects and characters you interact in the game are sprites.

While it would be tecnically possible to do it (altough I think I don't have any variables left for that), it would be an incredible amount of work, re-design, possible new bugs and deffinitivally performance issues.

Since that would only be a gymmick with any real utility, and it actually could potentially even break the game (the apples would appear inmediatelly if you scrolled their original location far enough out of the screen and then you came back since I can't store their status due to lack of free variables), I hope you understand that I will not be implementing that, sorry...

No I totally understand! Well, not totally. ?

But I understand enough about what you said. For example, sounds like the fruit would have to respawn in a similar way as do the normal enemies.

So if it was of benefit to the player to slash the fruit, it’d be too tempting and too easy to cheese the system.

Still  want to slash that fruit, though!

??

edit: on that topic, I have really appreciated the pacing and gameplay balancing of this experience. 

Edited by Intelligentleman

2 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

No I totally understand! Well, not totally. ?

But I understand enough about what you said. For example, sounds like the fruit would have to respawn in a similar way as do the normal enemies.

So if it was of benefit to the player to slash the fruit, it’d be too tempting and too easy to cheese the system.

Still  want to slash that fruit, though!

??

edit: on that topic, I have really appreciated the pacing and gameplay balancing of this experience. 

Thank you for understanding.

Yes, that is just 1 of the many issues on trying to implement this. Performance and memory issues due to lack of variables would follow as well.

Thank you very much for your kind words about the game as well, it makes me really happy that you guys (some of you) are finally playing it and you enjoy it.

Regarding your need to slash fruit, may I suggest the game "Fruit Ninja"? ^_^ (just kidding, offcourse)

• Haha 1