IGNORED

Atari Vault - volume #2, 50 game expansion pack (in VCS Store)

justclaws

Atari VCS Vault Volume #2 seems to include Atari 5200 Treasures, or part of that expansion.

Atari Vault 2 for reference.

1. Atari Baseball
2. Atari Basketball
3. Atari Football
4. Atari Soccer
5. Avalanche
6. Canyon Bomber
7. Destroyer
8. Dominos
9. Fire Truck/Smokey Joe
10. Maze Invaders
11. Monte Carlo
12. Pool Shark
13. Sky Diver
14. Super Bug
15. Adventure II
16. Aquaventure
17. Frog Pond
18. Holey Moley
19. MotoRodeo
20. Saboteur
21. Wizard
22. Yars' Return
23. Air Raiders
24. Armor Ambush
25. Astroblast

26. Dark Cavern
27. Frogs and Flies
28. International Soccer
29. Sea Battle
30. Space Attack
31. Star Strike
32. Super Challenge Baseball
33. Super Challenge Football
34. Swordfight
35. Asteroids
36. Centipede
37. Countermeasure
38. Final Legacy
39. Micro-gammon
40. Millipede
41. Miniature Golf
42. Missile Command
43. Realsports Baseball
44. Realsports Basketball
45. Realsports Football
46. Realsports Soccer
47. Realsports Tennis
48. Star Raiders
49. Super Breakout
50. Xari Arena

I certainly have never been able to play Atari 5200, as it was never released in Europe!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought Vault 2 on my PC from the VCS Store. I also have it bought via Steam in Windows. It seems to behave a little different on VCS. In Steam, it seems I have just more games in Atari Vault game, but here in VCS OS I have 2 separate applications. VCS Vault and VCS Vault 2. Games seem to be the same, I have not yet much time to play with it. It took me a while to find out that I need to use Tab key to access non-arcade games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked it up on Steam when it was in a sale earlier in the year.

5200 Star Raiders was the clincher for me and there are a smattering of other goodies, although I'd think it's a lot heavier on filler than the original compilation.

Mind you, with this being Atari Age, I'm sure every game on there will be someone's favourite. Anyone for Microgammon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This "also" batch of games has been treated weirdly based on platform and SKU, but is overall more for the deep divers than the casual arcade fan. I mean, arcade sports titles and some pretty obscure stuff. I like it to finally get a nice port of the arcade versions of Canyon Bomber and Avalanche (aka - Kaboom! basically), along with the 5200 games.

So far the best "all in one" that exists is on the Switch with the Atari Flashback Classics collection. Wish they'd consolidate their SKUs across PC and console and just have the AFC be the default moving forward, but that means different licensors agreeing to things, right? While nice for the consumer, I bet this is worse for the business. 

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Just a quick heads up, That is starting to become a meme of an unkind nature.

Do not be too hard on him ?.

Keep in mind, first, we´re non "native speaker", and I guess, he´s afraid, that lots of "Contra"-VCS forum members suspect, he´s is an commercial, undercover "VCS promoter".

I´m afraid, thatswhy he expressly emphasizes that....

Cheers,

andY

• 2 weeks later...

Brutally Honest Gamer created a video celebrating some of the special games included.
(Well, a couple of his top 5 are in Atari Vault #1 but I'm not posting this in both threads!)
"Top 5 Atari 2600 Games on the New Atari VCS, That You've Never Heard of."

11 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

When is Vault 2 available? I try to purchase but it doesn't go through. Also are the 5200 games on Vault 2 or is this some other thing you're talking about?

It’s available now. I would contact support or ask on the Discord if you are having issues.

there are several 5200 games in Vault 2.

• 2 months later...

...and another video about Atari Vault #2 by OEBPete, who's got a VCS.
As he mentions, the Atari Vault 2 includes the M-Network Intellivision games ported for the 2600.
At that time, there was an interesting cross-over of games between Atari and Intellivision. Maybe
one day there will be something similar with the VCS and Amigo, even if it's emulation on VCS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 10:38 AM, Mockduck said:

This "also" batch of games has been treated weirdly based on platform and SKU, but is overall more for the deep divers than the casual arcade fan. I mean, arcade sports titles and some pretty obscure stuff. I like it to finally get a nice port of the arcade versions of Canyon Bomber and Avalanche (aka - Kaboom! basically), along with the 5200 games.

So far the best "all in one" that exists is on the Switch with the Atari Flashback Classics collection. Wish they'd consolidate their SKUs across PC and console and just have the AFC be the default moving forward, but that means different licensors agreeing to things, right? While nice for the consumer, I bet this is worse for the business. 

Don't forget the Vita version!

12 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Right! The Vita version is as good as the Switch, although unfortunately my 2012 battery in my Vita is totally worn out, so I haven't been playing it the past couple of years. 

Yikes! Mine still works just fine. Not as easy to replace as the PSP's battery, I'm sure.

14 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Yikes! Mine still works just fine. Not as easy to replace as the PSP's battery, I'm sure.

Not at all easy to replace, although possible. Putting it back in one piece is a real challenge. Enough so I haven't wanted to risk it, since Vitas are hard to find at a reasonable price right now. Wish I'd picked up a 2nd in 2016ish. Seems likely my Vita will only work through the power cable in the near future, as I get about 10-15 min of battery life. 

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to alert everybody that "Atari Vault 2" has an update to fix some original bugs. ?
- The Options, Graphics, bug is fixed. Now the game allows you to change borders, and scanlines.
- The Adventure II game menu now has a "Respawn" option after the dragon eats you. (Press ?
- Other bugs fixed. Thanks, Code Mystics!