IGNORED

Spear Master - another indie game (in VCS Store)

justclaws

Hey, just moments ago, as I write, news of another Atari VCS game.
Spear Master, released on Steam, and the Atari VCS store. It looks fun.

Their web-page is here. It does not mention AtariVCS yet, but the video does.
http://www.osarion.com/spearmaster/

* I have no connection with the Atari company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had put this down for a few days. Came back to it exhausted from work and beat King Tarr on the first go. I guess I needed to be on autopilot.  It's funny how that happens. 

The game is well worth the price and a ton of fun. It's a good few hours of entertainment at least and something that will appeal to gamers and non-gamers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

A new update is scheduled for Spear Master on February 27th! The game has been updated with a new 1-4 player couch co-op mode, new languages and general bug fixes. 

Its very nice to see this game getting an update all these years later! This was one of the very first games i purchased on my Atari VCS 800 back in January 2021 and i thoroughly enjoyed playing the game to completion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chriSBA28 said:

This game reminds me of an Amstrad gx4000 game called Pang, it was developed by Ocean. It is very similar, even so in cooperative mode this game should be much more fun.

I had never heard of Pang before people started making the comparison to this game. I considered setting up Hatari so I could give the Atari ST version a try. I really enjoyed Spear Master.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 4:56 AM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

A new update is scheduled for Spear Master on February 27th! The game has been updated with a new 1-4 player couch co-op mode, new languages and general bug fixes. 

Its very nice to see this game getting an update all these years later! This was one of the very first games i purchased on my Atari VCS 800 back in January 2021 and i thoroughly enjoyed playing the game to completion. 

You completed this game? Woah!

• Like 1