IGNORED

Best 2600 Multiplayer Games for Kids 10 or younger

Atarick

Hi all, I am slowly introducing my kids to the 2600 via a Flashback X with a thumb drive, but was curious about what games people rated as the best for multiplayer experience, and also relatively easy for kids younger than 10 to play. So far they play (and love) Outlaw, Fishing Derby, and Combat (I recently ordered retro paddles for Warlords as well), but my daughter loves racing games and asked if there was a 2-player game for the 2600. I couldn't think of one but figured I'd ask the collective here. Also, any further recommendations on the best 2600 games for 2 players who are younger (and thus prone to fiddling with controls and short patience with directions) are much appreciated. Thanks!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BONEMAN said:

Street Racer is 2 player. 4 player if you have 2 sets of paddles.

AHhh good call, that is a good one. I tried getting them on that one but think I selected the wrong game mode. Is it 5 that works for 2 players? Always loved the skiing/slalom option in that one. 

11 hours ago, Atarick said:

My daughter loves racing games and asked if there was a 2-player game for the 2600.

Indy 500 is your game.  Requires driving controllers (if you pick up Indy 500, make sure to get a working pair of those controllers).  My brother and I had a blast playing that game when we were kids.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Atarick said:

Hi all, I am slowly introducing my kids to the 2600 via a Flashback X with a thumb drive, but was curious about what games people rated as the best for multiplayer experience, and also relatively easy for kids younger than 10 to play. So far they play (and love) Outlaw, Fishing Derby, and Combat (I recently ordered retro paddles for Warlords as well), but my daughter loves racing games and asked if there was a 2-player game for the 2600. I couldn't think of one but figured I'd ask the collective here. Also, any further recommendations on the best 2600 games for 2 players who are younger (and thus prone to fiddling with controls and short patience with directions) are much appreciated. Thanks!  

Sneak N Peek - It's a 2-player hide and seek game

Front the (non) definitive list of simultaneous multiplayer games, of the ones that haven’t been mentioned.

Slot Racer/Maze(Sears), drive around the maze with slow/med/fast cars shooting the other car with slow/med/fast missiles. Difficulty switches control whether you need to pickup your shot before firing again (lots of fun with straight shots).

Sky Diver, push your luck to open your shoot last and land on the landing pads. You have 9 jumps to beat your opponent.

Maze Craze, cops and robbers, avoid the fuzz and make it to the exit before your friend does. Lots of variations, wounds can cause lots of laughs.

Frogs & Flies, jump around the pond eating more flies than your opponent.

Basketball, Demons to Diamonds (paddle), Steeplechase (paddle), Freeway, Mario Bros, Tennis, 

Homebrew: FlapPing, Gunfight, Space Rocks, Tower of Rubble.

I second, Warlords, Indy 500, Combat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KevKelley said:

I had recently played Tower of Rubble with my 7 year old and he had a blast. Once he got over running off the island for fun it was a real exciting.

Hahaha, good call. I need to dig into the home brews on that front a bit more. There are some great ones.