IGNORED

2600 Kiosk Find

fred

Today’s Haul. 2600 store display kiosk and circuit board, basically a 2600 with rom chips installed, you can switch with a button.

The guy I bought it from was renovating and old family home and I’m pretty sure he found it there. 

Now I have to see if it works. I can’t get the circuit board out and I don’t want to damage it. It’s supposed to slide out. Any ideas?

Also, what power supply do I use?

4A5A4B8E-B6F2-4811-A85D-98A6C45E5150.jpeg

Edited by fred
  • Like 4

One final thought. I looked at the service manual to double check my memory on the power supply required, but it doesn't specifically name it. I *believe* it was a standard Atari HCD AC unit (used with the 400/800/1200 computers, 810/1050 disk drives, and 850 interface). But you'll obviously want confirmation of this before you go plugging one in. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veteran_Of_The_Cola_Wars said:

One final thought. I looked at the service manual to double check my memory on the power supply required, but it doesn't specifically name it. I *believe* it was a standard Atari HCD AC unit (used with the 400/800/1200 computers, 810/1050 disk drives, and 850 interface). But you'll obviously want confirmation of this before you go plugging one in. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice! I will go through the manual in the next couple days and see if I can get it working.

I will post pictures here if I do.

Edited by fred
  • Like 1

nice haul !!! I'm looking for the circuit board setup you have with the buttons & sheilding and the placard on the control panel

1 hour ago, Veteran_Of_The_Cola_Wars said:

I have read this about the power supply before as well and can't find where .... but there was the part number included with the specific power supply that matched the 800 computers power supply.

• Like 1

Ok, one mystery solved. Now I have another, the game selector and start switches. There are three of these.

I have six connectors, bunched in two’s, each switch has three connectors. Which two connectors are usually used, one is probably ground?

Another riddle to solve, and the manual doesn’t say...

BE1D99AA-83F8-451C-B210-9D67AEC6C79F.jpeg

9C9FD6E0-ECA5-4406-AFC9-1045C97F608E.jpeg

Edited by fred

On the leading edge of my control panel I filled it in with Testors white model paint, I imagine it was originally baked on. the joysticks will accommodate an Atari cx-40 rubber boot, I think I applied a bit of silicone grease before I slipped it on with the though of "what if I wanna remove it at some point"

Any favorite games so far ?

IMG_2170.JPG