IGNORED

A very Merry LynXmas with 7 new Atari Lynx games this Holiday Season

Igor

Seven new games for Atari Lynx to keep you busy this Holiday Season! What's your favourite and which is the most frustrating but addictive? ?

https://atarigamer.com/articles/a-very-merry-lynxmas-with-7-new-atari-lynx-games-this-holiday-season

lynxmas2020.thumb.jpg.659cb19b07707bd9e8105acc4ba08e21.jpg

These have been created as part of the LynXmas 2020 Game Jam so go on and check them out, they're lots of fun!

A physical cart release of all these games on one cart will be coming in 2021!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So I take it that a themed game jam is a good idea then? I was thinking of trying to cover all of the major holidays in the coming years, one per year and have the community nominate/vote for the holiday for the following year's competition. What do you all think?

So that's two suggestions so far:

• Easter
  • Olympics 2021

I've already made an Easter game, so probably won't want to do that theme again soon. Olympics sounds like an interesting proposal. I think I will put up a thread in the main Lynx forum to ask for suggestions. For the next jam, I don't want it to be too soon since there are quite a few games in development for commercial release now that need finishing and I'd like a little break from organising events until baby is a little older.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

So that's two suggestions so far:

• Easter
  • Olympics 2021

I've already made an Easter game, so probably won't want to do that theme again soon. Olympics sounds like an interesting proposal. I think I will put up a thread in the main Lynx forum to ask for suggestions. For the next jam, I don't want it to be too soon since there are quite a few games in development for commercial release now that need finishing and I'd like a little break from organising events until baby is a little older.

Does it have to be Olympics 2021?

Break Dancing to Debut at the 2024 Olympics...

Olympics 2021 could actually be a good time to try something fun and never done on the lynx. Since most olympics games are multi-sport games, and since there is nothing like that on the Lynx (California games yes sure, but it's not exactly the same), we could organize a jam where every participant create one classical olympic mini-game (100m, triple jump, etc), and all these mini-games ends on the same cartridge as one full game.

A bit ambitious for sure, and it would probably require a real graphic artist to keep the visual consistent, but why not :=)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordKraken said:

That's because french are supposedly the best in this discipline and guess where are the olympics 2024 :D

For once I agree with you. I was judging world championships in acrobatic Rock'n'Roll for years and there was one french couple that kept the title for almost a decade.

In break dancing the competition will be hard. I did actually dance this in my youth some 40 years ago...

Doesn't have to be Olympics 2021, nothing is decided, just getting ideas here, but I do like the idea of making a cart with various sport games on it as a jam type of cart release. @Albert has agreed to publish all future game jams on cart too, so at least that part's done - it would mean a 32k limit on games (assuming we don't get too many entries). I'll probably try to avoid any events that are too country-specific like 4th of July for example.

Arbor Day sounds interesting too, I wonder if Lawnmower and Sylvester the Lumberjack would have qualified as entries (joking).

So we have the following suggestions so far (I'm adding a couple of my own)...

• Easter
  • Olympics 2021
  • Arbor Day
  • Christmas (already done)
  • Halloween
  • April Fools' Day (already done)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Igor said:

Arbor Day sounds interesting too, I wonder if Lawnmower and Sylvester the Lumberjack would have qualified as entries (joking).

You joke, but those games would fit an Arbor Day/Earth Day theme as much as the "not for all ages" Lynxmas games ;-)

There was a Coleco homebrew, New Years Beach Party Garbage Pickup that was all about picking up litter from the beach... I guess that would be a sort of earth day game...

• Like 1