IGNORED

Escape North Korea is now released! (See Inside)

Omega-TI

Airshack, has written an original new game in 100% assembly language for the TI-99/4A!  It's being released free to the TI community.  I admit it, I'm biased, I love the concept, but it's no lie when I tell you it's a damn good game!  It plays well, and even has a few puzzles to go with the game play and will not easily be beat in the first few plays like some games, but that's okay, he's included a practice mode! ;)

There are two different .BIN images, the ENK8 image is for the FlashROM or FinalGROM and the ENK512 image is for the UberGROM board.  You can use either image in Classic 99.  If you want to make your own cartridge a label is also included. A manual in .PDF format is also included. 

This game took him a few years to make as he amazingly learned assembly language along the way, so don't be shy, if you like it, please leave a message here to let him know.

CAPS LOCK UP!  See you in the south!

1656668285_ManualImage.thumb.jpg.dfdc5ee0a020443b3fe9add25c2af94d.jpg

Escape North Korea.pdf ENK Label.zip ENK8.bin ENK512.BIN

Edited by Omega-TI
Update (Post Holiday)
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 10

23 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

OK stupid question: what are the controls for the game? I can't get anything to move with Classic 99 except the game selection...

That's not a stupid question at all.  The games only controls on real iron are  joystick related, so in Classic 99 you could set the Joystick 1 to "keyboard" and then use the arrow keys and tab as the fire button..  

SETTINGS.thumb.PNG.7210e110dab18203b363f78ddf1184a9.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

OK stupid question: what are the controls for the game? I can't get anything to move with Classic 99 except the game selection...

Works on real metal via Joystick-1. On Classic99 you may use PC Keyboard arrow keys to navigate and tab-key to button-select.

Its a game of stealth so no shooting, only maneuvering and avoiding.

7 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I got past some killer bees

You may find you’ll need to return to the minefield HealthKit (Red Cross) multiple times in order to restore your health. So, expect the bees to track you down.

The buildings seem to drain your health as you maneuver inside them.

Something to do with radiation and/or biohazards? A visit to the HealthKit in between building entries may be wise.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Airshack said:

Here's the E/A Option 5 files on a .dsk image for you:  

enk 180 kB · 17 downloads

worked great!  If there are any Geneve users who want to play the game on their real metal, it works fine with joystick but you'll need to change to GPL speed 1 to slow down the enemies :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Airshack said:

Since you only get ten minutes to escape the time remaining upon completion is your score. 

High score = time remaining.

I’d be interested in seeing how quickly AtariAgers can finish.

i still can't get very far but i'm gonna give it another shot tonight. By the way I love the manual!  to note; regarding the snowflake warning and Korea , I've not come across anything I would consider politicawwy incowwect yet. ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Retrospect said:

I've not come across anything I would consider politicawwy incowwect yet. ;)

During the research phase I went to great lengths to learn about the situation in North Korea. One of my main goals was to avoid mocking the brave souls whom have risked or lost their lives seeking freedom.

If anything, this game is a tribute to Oh Song Chong, the fellow who brazenly escaped North Korea right through the insanely secure Joint Security Area. 

The only mockery in the game is aimed at Kim Jung Un so that shouldn’t offend anyone. 

This is a game of stealth with zero weaponry and none of the usual death animations and gore. That was intentional.

Come to think of it I may have created the most politically correct game ever. ;)

• Like 4