IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2020

Pixelboy

8 hours ago, zyzzle said:

For some reason, I can't get Uridium to start a game on ColEm. It freezes / locks up, with a corrupted screen and graphics when the load screen shows up. Enabled SGM on ColEm settings, anything else that I'm missing?

This one must have be using some advanced techniques, which wouldn't be surprising.

I can get it to the point of playing in Argon, sampled sounds working and SGM sounding great, but with some flickering graphics (timing?). See the attached shot - it is a few bottom most scan lines of the score.

We'll take a look at it and see if we can get it working better.

The other 5 all seem fine.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20201226-100154.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zyzzle said:

For some reason, I can't get Uridium to start a game on ColEm. It freezes / locks up, with a corrupted screen and graphics when the load screen shows up. Enabled SGM on ColEm settings, anything else that I'm missing?

CoolCV by Nanochess works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TPR said:

I still think it's amazing to see that in 2020 you can still get over 200 downloads for a ColecoVision game in 24 hours! I just checked the tread from last year and some of those have been downloaded over 500 times!  Thank you for continuing to keep this console alive! 

Thanks, but I have to wonder if other web sites are linking to those attached ROM files, which may increase the download counts.  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NIAD said:

CoolCV by Nanochess works for me.

CoolCV works for me, but only for picture. I don't get any sound! Mysteries of the deep. ColEm works for sound and picture, up until I start an actual game, then it freezes / glitches and sound and picture become corrupt in lower portion of the screen.

Edited by zyzzle

The graphics on Uridium are the most beautiful on any version of the game ever released. The scrolling is excellent too. Who says the CV can't scroll?? ? I think it would have been better if you were only given three lives though rather than seven. Seven is too many, but overall, yeah, pretty impressive?

35 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

Just discovered this and previous years threads and have downloaded dozens of games to play on my Phoenix. Have spent the last couple of days going through this amazing library of quality games and am really enjoying them. Thanks so much. Your generosity is incredible and much appreciated

FB_IMG_1609085282730.jpg

Now what game is that? ?

Thank you! 

I tried Uridium on the Mister and Mega Sg. It starts to play on Mister, but goes to a green screen of death when starting a game. Mega Sg cuts off a line at the top where "shield" is, but it is still fully playable. Excellent conversion with incredible music. 

11 minutes ago, BrianC said:

Thank you! 

I tried Uridium on the Mister and Mega Sg. It starts to play on Mister, but goes to a green screen of death when starting a game. Mega Sg cuts off a line at the top where "shield" is, but it is still fully playable. Excellent conversion with incredible music. 

The cartridge Version works without problems on the Phoenix ??