IGNORED

Coming Soon - new games announced (by Atari / developer)

justclaws

5 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it would be great if those amazing new games shown on the home page of this site were available on the Atari OS Store for purchase.

This is a great idea, and IMO would instantly elevate the connection the VCS could have to Atari fans and help it sonewhat stand out from the other console/mini PCs out there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Tempest 4000 will be on the VCS store on March 22! Should also be good news for anyone interested in the Rollercoaster Tycoon port as they were mentioned together in the press release last year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2022/02/23/atari-arcade-classic-finally-lands-on-nintendo-switch-next-month/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I d like to correct some points at this list :

- Never saw any article about rollercoaster tycoon port on VCS

- Atari announced 3 titles during the general meeting in november 2021

• Food fight (sprint 2022)
  • Atarimani (summer 2022)
  • Pong 50th anniversary (pring 2022)

https://atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/ATARI_AGM_30112021-Presentation.pdf (page 18)

Glad to see all this involvment :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:56 AM, jandb said:

- Atari announced 3 titles during the general meeting in november 2021

• Food fight (sprint 2022)
  • Atarimani (summer 2022)
  • Pong 50th anniversary (pring 2022)

https://atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/ATARI_AGM_30112021-Presentation.pdf (page 18)

I wonder what happened to that Pong game. I thought they would've announced that during their 50th celebration. Instead it's MIA. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Atari has some kind of bug in there store where new games that are coming out soon are showing up in the store screen for everyone when they are delivering test games or release candidates for review.

These games are probably coming soon - they were available as a free download on the Atari store for a while and there is a whole discussion about going on the Facebook Atari VCS group

Unsung Warriors
QOMP 2
Caverns of Mars Recharged
Mr Run and Jump NEO

Oh yeah! Thank you are Atari for finally getting someone to manage the homebrew!

As of now the Facebook post in the VCS group has been deleted.  Hope this one does not get the same treatment.

Edited by justclaws
corrected his typo, as correction needed
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Its noted as cancelled on the first page and the first post of this thread.

That’s a shame, I didn’t even notice that. I definitely read though about a month or so ago that this game was still being worked on behind the scenes just with no release date again for the near future. I can’t remember where I read it but if I find the source I will post it. I remember reading the game development was started and the game was in a playable state but then the project got scraped and restarted and this continued a few more times for some reason but it would definitely be coming in the future it’s just there’s no release date any time soon. 

• Sad 1