IGNORED

FujiNet v1.3 Hardware Release

mozzwald

10 hours ago, mozzwald said:

The problem with v1.3 board not flashing is due to an unconnected pin on the CP2102-QFN24. VIO should be connected to VDD. I will update the design files soon. The fix for already made boards is a simple solder bridge:

CP210x_RESET-BUG_FIX.thumb.jpg.4afc62915c8d18d214ba3e5dcc3aba6a.jpg

Glad you found it.... but my solder skills aren't that refined lol! And I agree with @Fell, counting the pins from the top left, it does look like it's 5 & 6

8 hours ago, Fell said:

is the solder bridge on pin 4 & 5?  I am a noob but it looks like pins 5 & 6 from this angle

32 minutes ago, tsom said:

And I agree with @Fell, counting the pins from the top left, it does look like it's 5 & 6

Yes, thank you, I can't count either. It's pin 5 and 6 that need bridged

Got my FujiNet 1.3 yesterday, tried to flash, no luck. 
I opened it today and was a bit scared when I saw the real size of U2, but bridging pins 5&6 was not so difficult...with a good magnifier.

Thanks for all the detailed information and the awesome work you’re doing on FujiNet!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ojanhk said:

Got my FujiNet 1.3 yesterday, tried to flash, no luck. 
I opened it today and was a bit scared when I saw the real size of U2, but bridging pins 5&6 was not so difficult...with a good magnifier.

Thanks for all the detailed information and the awesome work you’re doing on FujiNet!

Did you have trouble flashing it before applying the solder bridge or was it just a preemptive fix? 

6 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Did you have trouble flashing it before applying the solder bridge or was it just a preemptive fix? 

Flashing didn’t work at all before. I tried multiple times, installed the driver for the us to serial, etc...rebooted my Mac a few time until I remembered this thread. After applying the solder bridge it worked immediately. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ojanhk said:

Flashing didn’t work at all before. I tried multiple times, installed the driver for the us to serial, etc...rebooted my Mac a few time until I remembered this thread. After applying the solder bridge it worked immediately. 

Glad it's working now. Thanks for confirming the fix.

Vcc or Vdd is always the main power supply for the chip. The "cc" is for those logic chips with the pin going to the collector of a bipolar transistor in the package. "dd" refers to the drain pin of a FET within the chip.

Vio is the power pin for the I/O leads of a chip with the I/O circuitry powered separately from the main chip power. These separated power supply inputs are used with transceiver chips that must interface with other circuitry that may have different supply voltages than what is used to power the chip.

USB levels connected to uart levels require this.

Classic example is an IC powered off of 5v (Vcc), but the I/O lines go to another circuit runing at a 3.3v (Vio). The Vio for the chip voltage may be the same as Vcc, in our case 5v?

Vio should never exceed Vcc.

The Vio voltage determines the thresholds for 1 and 0 for the chip and can used to adjust chips sensitivity towards them.

If usb io is blocked or there are other transmission issues adjusting Vio then powering it seperately is in order, sometimes a switch is used (mechanical or solid state) to enable or disable the function by controlling this pin.

If a chip doesn't have a separate Vio supply then the label is usually left as Vcc leaving you to look up what the pin is connected in the chip.

Sound like a double check might be in order. Making sure isolation of all supplies are considered (usb/sio/or other) and that Vcc/Vdd are always greater than Vio

Running on Windows 7 x64 the flash program as admin and trying to flash my V1.3 to the latest firmware but I get the following error:

Using 'COM4' as serial port.
Getting latest firmware from fujinet.online..
FujiNet Version: 0.5.bec03534
Version Date/Time: 2021-01-18 22:12:42
Build Date/Time: Tue Jan 19 19:12:09 UTC 2021
Unexpected error: could not open port 'COM4': PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5)

Any idea?

I think I am using USB data cable (I  hope) because I see the following debug info:
Using 'COM4' as serial port.
Showing logs:
[17:46:00][17:46:00]
[17:46:00]--~--~--~--
[17:46:00]FujiNet 0.5.89f318f9 2020-12-29 01:50:02 Started @ 3
[17:46:00]Starting heap: 4053896
[17:46:01]PsramSize 3932108
[17:46:01]himem phys 4456448
[17:46:01]himem free 4456448
[17:46:01]himem reserved 262144
[17:46:01]FujiNet Hardware v1.1 and up
[17:46:01]SPIFFS mounted.
[17:46:01]SD mounted.
[17:46:01]fnConfig::load
[17:46:01]fnConfig::load read 264 bytes from config file
[17:46:01]WIFI_EVENT_STA_START
[17:46:01]disk MOUNT
[17:46:01]ATR MOUNT
[17:46:02]mounted ATR: paragraphs=5760, sect_size=128, sect_count=720, disk_size=0
[17:46:02]Creating a default printer using FS_SDFAT storage and type 1
[17:46:02]SSH client initialized.
[17:46:02]ModemSniffer::ModemSniffer(FS_SDFAT)
[17:46:02]SIO SETUP
[17:46:02]Set HSIO baud from 0 to 67431 (index 6), alt=68209
[17:46:02]Available heap: 3913300
[17:46:02]Setup complete @ 463 (460ms)

1 hour ago, Gandor said:

Unexpected error: could not open port 'COM4': PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5)

Any idea?

It's probably due to a hardware bug. Are you able to apply the solder blob fix shown in the post below (pins 5 & 6)? If not, PM me and we'll work it out.

5 hours ago, mozzwald said:

It's probably due to a hardware bug. Are you able to apply the solder blob fix shown in the post below (pins 5 & 6)? If not, PM me and we'll work it out.

I opened up the device but that chip is so small and I don't have the skills (and eye sight) to do this.

Will PM you.

• 3 weeks later...