IGNORED

Did you get anything for your TI for Christmas?

Omega-TI

Does today's TIPI 2.15 update count?

11 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Update 2.15 - 2020-12-24

- Fixed some name encoding issues with LVL2 IO

- Added PI.CONFIG option 'DIR_SORT' where the value can be MIXED, FIRST, or LAST.  default's to FIRST, which is a change in behavior from previous 'MIXED' 

This DIR_SORT option controls how files and directories are mixed in the CATALOG file that is returned. Apparently some original devices bringing directory support to the 4A world, produced the directories first before the files. Or was it the other way around... IDK... You get to choose how TIPI behaves... Listing directories first makes it more compatible with some assumptions made by legacy software on the Geneve, I am told. It also naturally changes the order for programs like DM2K, BASIC catalog code, and Force Command.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Does today's TIPI 2.15 update count?

Of course it counts! 

I think I'll wait until sometime after the new year to upgrade both my TIPI and Force Command versions on the main system... while keeping the SD cards with my current versions intact and in a safe place.  I'm thinking about starting over from scratch because everything I have now resembles an interwoven mess of spaghetti.  I've simply forgotten how many things have been altered and tweaked to work together. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

I think I'll wait until sometime after the new year to upgrade both my TIPI and Force Command versions on the main system... while keeping the SD card with my current version intact and in a safe place.

I took this same route to upgrade a few weeks ago.  I copied my TIPI share to a safe place and set aside the SD card, loaded an image onto a new SD card, forced the Update, and configured everything as needed.  Worked great and the only "issue" is that the attached external monitor no longer displays anything after bootup is complete, which while inconvenient isn't a show-stopper thanks to PUTTY.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ksarul said:

SAMS-aware software is always a good thing. . .  :)

The command history is in a page of SAMS memory if available, otherwise you only get last command, which is squirrelled away in VDP. 

Force Command native executables will load over top of each other into new pages in upper memory, using my exec api function. 

I am still working on more complex SAMS enablement. And better parent-child process api. A goal is for a child process to be able to discover the page set used by the parent for data/code sharing. 

• Like 3