IGNORED

fonts 4x8

xxl

not yet, the project is not finished, I want E: to work with Top/Bottom/Left/Right Margin with both gfx & char modes with proper scroll (not like original), should work with new S: driver (multiple / split / PMG screens). .. too earlly ...

7093026900_1609130841.jpg

• Like 1

A 130XE version, where the graphics 8 data resides in an extended bank (ANTIC only), could be nice, too! You'll get an extra kilobyte free memory in BASIC if $9C00-$9FFF is not used anymore, and your main (CPU) memory has no screen data, so using graphics 8 is less of a problem.

Flickerterm, ehm, flickers. Might be tollerable in a well-lit room on 60Hz in NTSC land, but on PAL I can't stand it. Similar to all the flicker modes that people erroneously call "interlaced".

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

thanks...

I'm slowly completing the characters in the character set.

due to the fact that you can open the editor in any place and of any size, e.g. 10 characters width and 1 character height, not to implement type of content to enter e.g. alpha-numeric or numbers only

an example of how you can enter Basic lines of 255 characters

9184357500_1609509590.png 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

to regulate the correct operation of E: in the text-based user interface, K: and S: must be modified (S: I have almost ready) additionally, a memory allocation mechanism must be introduced (e.g. we want to have access to the text-based user interface from Basic), which has no chance to work with SpartaDOS :( I judge this to be the biggest brake on the development of any modern software on atari... it is impossible to maintain compatibility with this outdated system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xxl said:

to regulate the correct operation of E: in the text-based user interface, K: and S: must be modified (S: I have almost ready) additionally, a memory allocation mechanism must be introduced (e.g. we want to have access to the text-based user interface from Basic), which has no chance to work with SpartaDOS :( I judge this to be the biggest brake on the development of any modern software on atari... it is impossible to maintain compatibility with this outdated system.

I am working on a text based game which would benefit a lot from 80 char text. However, memory is limited. Does your system have a mode to only use the 1K of memory (plus font memory of course) or does it always use 8K for the graphics mode 8 functionality?