IGNORED

Something my Team is working on. (Shamus)

Itchy Scratchy

So far it is pre-animation and a map with room numbers but whomever wants to give feedback is welcome

The offsets have not been tuned so you might get stuck in a wall.  If you stay within the green lines you should be fine.

Do not go left in room 0, that is INFINITY!!!!!!!!!  You may get the same result at the end in room 128.

I would like to get the approval of the original author but if that is not the case I can tweak this to be an entirely different game.

All 129 rooms are there 0-128

Enjoy

!Shamus v2.5.rom

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

So far it is pre-animation and a map with room numbers but whomever wants to give feedback is welcome

The offsets have not been tuned so you might get stuck in a wall.  If you stay within the green lines you should be fine.

Do not go left in room 0, that is INFINITY!!!!!!!!!  You may get the same result at the end in room 128.

I would like to get the approval of the original author but if that is not the case I can tweak this to be an entirely different game.

Enjoy

!Shamus v2.5.rom 13.65 kB · 9 downloads

one of my fav games on the tandy 1000 and tandy coco.   cant wait to compare the

3 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Enjoy

!Shamus v2.5.rom 13.65 kB · 11 downloads

Does this game need the SGM? or does it just not work on the ADAM?

8 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Does this game need the SGM? or does it just not work on the ADAM?

So far the bulk of the code is under 32k and we have no plans of yet to need anything outside stock Colecovision hardware even if we added extra levels.

The SGM provides joy to it's users however, currently every game in development at From Scratch has the goal to make them stock so everyone can enjoy them.

The key is from using modern programing and tools we can write, test and run experimental routines to see what we can get away with in seconds of compiling.

Back in the 80's you needed a lot of expensive equipment with extremely slow development time.

Compile and test on an emulator.  Debug then add more fun if you have the space before burning to a rom.

23 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

So far the bulk of the code is under 32k and we have no plans of yet to need anything outside stock Colecovision hardware even if we added extra levels.

The SGM provides joy to it's users however, currently every game in development at From Scratch has the goal to make them stock so everyone can enjoy them.

The key is from using modern programing and tools we can write, test and run experimental routines to see what we can get away with in seconds of compiling.

Back in the 80's you needed a lot of expensive equipment with extremely slow development time.

Compile and test on an emulator.  Debug then add more fun if you have the space before burning to a rom.

this rom does not play on my stock adam

13 minutes ago, rietveld said:

this rom does not play on my stock adam

Thank you for the feedback.

I have run it on a stock ADAM using the Ultimate SD Wafer Drive cartridge.

I have also successfully run it with two types of SD based Disk drive emulators.

Before we release it officially we will fix it or just will not release it until we do..

Quality is my number #1 priority.

Can you give me any other feedback as to how you tried to run it on your ADAM.

What cards you may have installed if any.

7 hours ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Thank you for the feedback.

I have run it on a stock ADAM using the Ultimate SD Wafer Drive cartridge.

I have also successfully run it with two types of SD based Disk drive emulators.

Before we release it officially we will fix it or just will not release it until we do..

Quality is my number #1 priority.

Can you give me any other feedback as to how you tried to run it on your ADAM.

What cards you may have installed if any.

i put the .ROM on John Lundys ADELite   .  I used the menu to select the ROM and it loads but the screen goes( and stays) black

i was using a stock Adam without the memory expander.

When i get home tonight i will try the ROM on my other Adam that has a 64k expander in it

Cant wait to play this game as its one of my favorites 

It doesn't work on any version of ADE. I tested it with an ADE Pro, ADE Pro Plus, and ADE Lite (they are all the same inside when running images and the only difference is input button configurations). I tried v0.80 when cartridge support was first supported and all the way up to v0.91RC and it never runs. Seeing the ADE is the only SD drive that can run cartridge ROMs, I'm not sure how Itchy Scratchy got it to work. Maybe an older version of Shamus would originally run and something in v2.5 made it not work. FYI, ADE cartridge ROM support is limited to standard 32K or less image sizes and doesn't use any RAM expansion to run them. It does however work perfectly with the Atarimax Ultimate SD cartridge, which is no surprise as it emulates a true cartridge and no memory trickery to get CV ROMs to run from the ADAM side.

39 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

I'll look into it today.

Tony Cruiz gave me some ideas  to check when I ran it by him.

I have a lot of debugging routines left in the code I can turn off as well.

This feedback helps a lot I tell you.

I can fix the bugs early before I advance the rom.

i cant wait for the finished product. 

On 12/27/2020 at 3:11 PM, Itchy Scratchy said:

Off to a good start... Are you doing this in C?

The original author is reachable via her web site and linkedin. You might want to wait until further along to reach out.