IGNORED

Can't update on Mac OS 10.12

curtludwig

Hey all,

I run the MacOS Fujinet flasher but nothing happens. If I open it in a terminal window I see the following:

[61122] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/dr/22266xfj23l0bjgkk58hcsch0000gp/T/_MEIA5bMVd/libpython3.7m.dylib': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/dr/22266xfj23l0bjgkk58hcsch0000gp/T/_MEIA5bMVd/libpython3.7m.dylib, 10): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /var/folders/dr/22266xfj23l0bjgkk58hcsch0000gp/T/_MEIA5bMVd/libintl.8.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /var/folders/dr/22266xfj23l0bjgkk58hcsch0000gp/T/_MEIA5bMVd/libintl.8.dylib
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...3 completed.

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6, which I know is kind of old but it doesn't seem like that's my issue. A quick Google search suggests Python is missing which is probably true, I'm no programmer, don't even play one on tv...

9 minutes ago, curtludwig said:

Hey all,

I run the MacOS Fujinet flasher but nothing happens. If I open it in a terminal window I see the following:

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6, which I know is kind of old but it doesn't seem like that's my issue. A quick Google search suggests Python is missing which is probably true, I'm no programmer, don't even play one on tv...

Looking at your errors, you probably need to install Python 3. If you’re not a programmer, the easiest method is probably through Homebrew (https://brew.sh). You will have to use the Terminal in order to install Homebrew and load Python 3. 

One of the other Fujinet users who use macOS can confirm this, but I’m sure macOS 10.12 (or even later versions) does not install Python 3 in the base OS. 

Bob C

1 hour ago, curtludwig said:

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6, which I know is kind of old but it doesn't seem like that's my issue

The mac flash tool is specifically built for 10.15 Catalina and will not work with an older OS. Github can only build for the latest MacOS and so that is what we release.

If you or anyone else could build for older OS versions I would be happy to make them available.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-flasher

Figures. I'm clearly not smart enough.

For my next magical trick I tried installing Windows in VirtualBox. Windows works but Virtualbox doesn't see the Fujinet and thus won't pass it to Windows.

For my next, next magical trick I'm thinking to make a boot USB of Linux for my Mac. Is there any flavor more likely to work?

After much head scratching and gnashing of teeth its done.

Just an FYI, if you can get FujiNet-Flasher to run but it won't see the device try a different USB cable. The first one I tried didn't work but since I was on a cobbled together Linux live disk into a Mac I didn't consider the possibility. I finally dug out a Windows machine (and dealt with the fact that it hadn't been turned on for many months) and it also couldn't see my Fujinet device at which point I tried a different cable and it worked perfectly...

50 minutes ago, curtludwig said:

After much head scratching and gnashing of teeth its done.

Just an FYI, if you can get FujiNet-Flasher to run but it won't see the device try a different USB cable. The first one I tried didn't work but since I was on a cobbled together Linux live disk into a Mac I didn't consider the possibility. I finally dug out a Windows machine (and dealt with the fact that it hadn't been turned on for many months) and it also couldn't see my Fujinet device at which point I tried a different cable and it worked perfectly...

4khrf7.thumb.png.8588e9d3f4884f012cb2bd95675d3556.png

• Haha 2