IGNORED

Jaguar CD prices??

robodude

12 hours ago, leech said:

I have been meaning to try and make a 3d printable model of it, but haven't found the time.

We need a "Jaguar Parts" thingiverse.com category or keyword or something. I've been meaning to work on a model for the other piece, the lid closed switch rod, which is even simpler but no less vital.

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

We need a "Jaguar Parts" thingiverse.com category or keyword or something. I've been meaning to work on a model for the other piece, the lid closed switch rod, which is even simpler but no less vital.

Oh yeah, that would be easy and less prone to breakage!  I really should pull out my callipers and work on things, been too busy with that thing that makes me money.  Wfh translates into not realizing when you should shut off your computer and do not work things.

12 hours ago, cubanismo said:

We need to.  Best Electronics says they were running low on the parts.

I tried to get a 3D scanner but in the end the electronics store I ordered it from just refunded my money.  But I had in mind to use it for various Atari parts like that and action figures.

Might have to commission with someone that does 3D printing more professionally.   There are a few in Dallas.

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Well, there is KidGrid and that country version. I wonder why those aren't in circulation? I heard that KidGrid was complete.

I’ve heard both are complete with a few prototypes existing, but they can’t be released due to licensing issues. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

We need to.  Best Electronics says they were running low on the parts.

I tried to get a 3D scanner but in the end the electronics store I ordered it from just refunded my money.  But I had in mind to use it for various Atari parts like that and action figures.

Might have to commission with someone that does 3D printing more professionally.   There are a few in Dallas.

Ha, I bought a phone just so I could 3d scan stuff, but doesn't work all that well, especially on small parts.  Doing 3d models for stuff isn't too terrible, but you would want to print with ABS for sure, I don't think PLA would last very long.

6 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

I’ve heard both are complete with a few prototypes existing, but they can’t be released due to licensing issues. 

Shame.  I really liked VidGrid.   Oh well.

1 minute ago, leech said:

Ha, I bought a phone just so I could 3d scan stuff, but doesn't work all that well, especially on small parts.  Doing 3d models for stuff isn't too terrible, but you would want to print with ABS for sure, I don't think PLA would last very long.

Yeh I agree, especially for the latch, but hey, better than nothing.   And depends on the type of PLA used.    I could see printing the part up, using it for a while, it breaks... oh well, print another part.  :P

Not perfect, but a part that small should only take less than an hour for a quality print.   Be nice if we could get one pattern for the plunger and latch on a combined sheet like.   Much like how you print up one sheet to replace parts on a Star Wars toy ship. 

I'll start asking around on people to help scan it.   (sent off one text so far).

On 1/21/2021 at 12:47 PM, joeatari1 said:

I bought my base and CD units a little more than 15 years ago (all from Ebay).  I don't think I paid more than $50 each for the base units and $75 each for the Cds.  The CD I primarily use has the door release button binding a little (like doctorclu).  I really should fix that.  Anyway, yeah, I would never get into a Jag now at current prices.  I have a hard enough time affording a new game here and there.  Maybe when the GD becomes a bit more mainstream the prices for the CD will come down a bit.

I picked up a Brand new boxed Jaguar off Best Electronics about 6 years ago for $299US. Now they are $599US. Had I have known that I would have bought two back then lol. They were also selling Jag CDs for the same price...

• Like 1

I picked up a Brand new boxed Jaguar off Best Electronics about 6 years ago for $299US. Now they are $599US. Had I have known that I would have bought two back then lol. They were also selling Jag CDs for the same price...

This is how I got my Jag CD as well. At the time I remember thinking the price was high but going for it anyway. :D Also there were sellers on eBay selling new old stock Jag CD games at a reasonable prices too. I was able to put a collection together pretty easily. There is no way I could justify doing this now with current prices tho.

22 hours ago, robodude said:

Actually sold one of my CD units and the box I had to a friend for a reasonable price.   Probably somewhere between those numbers you gave. :D

No regerts!!  

On 12/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Youtube.  And who is buying them.......people running Youtube channels? 

Go ahead an reserve yourself one of these:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1215

Your best (only) bet for playing all the Jaguar CD games on your Jaguar for less than $200. 

When you reserve one, do you get an email or anything? I haven't had one since I put my name down (or at least, I'm hoping my name's been put down)

As it goes, my own Jaguar CD set me back £300 about five years ago, boxed, with Myst, Baldies, Blue Lightning, VidGrid, the T2K Soundtrack, Battlemorph and Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands, all boxed and as they ought to be, in very good nick. I consider myself exceptionally lucky for having been able to manage such, looking at prices now. Lots of yt channels do seem to snaffle them up for content. I guess it's just one of those things, seeing as how I probably wouldn't be here interested in the Jaguar so much if it wasn't for all those yt videos I watched all those years ago, but it's made things so much more expensive since I bought my machine seven years ago... You'd never find AvP boxed for £25, that's for sure!

52 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

As it goes, my own Jaguar CD set me back £300 about five years ago, boxed, with Myst, Baldies, Blue Lightning, VidGrid, the T2K Soundtrack, Battlemorph and Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands, all boxed and as they ought to be, in very good nick. I consider myself exceptionally lucky for having been able to manage such, looking at prices now. Lots of yt channels do seem to snaffle them up for content. I guess it's just one of those things, seeing as how I probably wouldn't be here interested in the Jaguar so much if it wasn't for all those yt videos I watched all those years ago, but it's made things so much more expensive since I bought my machine seven years ago... You'd never find AvP boxed for £25, that's for sure!

So what you are saying is I should start a YouTube channel and get views because I have one from when they were new?  Ha

Sounds like too much effort, I would rather sit back and enjoy the VLM.

I actually have many games on the Jag I still haven't had time to beat.  I will probably play it more once I get the JagGD.

• Like 1