Jump to content
adamantyr

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

Recommended Posts

Well I didn't quite make Christmas... But I did get it done in 2020!

 

roa-small.png.c3ba3186e41c2a4983c5d185d4ebbe99.png

 

Realms of Antiquity: The Shattered Crown is now released! Digital edition is available immediately, collector's editions are in pre-order and will ship late January/early February.

I've put together a website for it here, you'll find links to the store to purchase it on the product page:

 

http://quixotic.adamantyr.com/

 

If you have questions, check the FAQ on my website for answers, and post here if you can't find what you need. I'll update the FAQ accordingly!

 

Excelsior! Time to see how long before I have to release a new build...

 

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome,  Glad to see this made it to release.  Definitely will pick up the digital edition as I don't have the hardware to run it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of the community share their experiences of the game.  It's huge! 

 

This will be an adventure a lot of us are on for quite some time to come. 

 

There are a tonne of sidequests and optional areas.  And playing the game with all available companions would take many playthroughs. 

 

So as much as beating the main quest is a long road, it's also kind of just the beginning. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sick.   This is awesome.  I have a sams card from when krsaul made them, I regular 90k 5.25" floppy drive, a 180k 3.5" drive and a TIPI (as of today), and a final grom 99, and a 384K horizon ramdisk hooked up.  I think these are the only relevant HW for this game?  I prefer to run as much off OG hardware as possible.  Recommendation to on what to buy?  Is there like an 'all in edition' where I can get all the floppies and the cart?  Also...what does the cart do if I have the floppies and/or vice versa?  Like can I just straight up run this off the cartridge?  I definitely want the physical edition, just want to make sure I can actually run the physical edition I order off my system 😃  I just do want to buy all the cool stuff and then have to xfer it to tipi and run the digital edition if I can avoid it -- I need that disk drive grinding away to satiate myself!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a boxed copy with 5.25" disks.  I don't own the necessary hardware to run the game off floppy, but will run it under emulation for now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, budz2355 said:

Sick.   This is awesome.  I have a sams card from when krsaul made them, I regular 90k 5.25" floppy drive, a 180k 3.5" drive and a TIPI (as of today), and a final grom 99, and a 384K horizon ramdisk hooked up.  I think these are the only relevant HW for this game?  I prefer to run as much off OG hardware as possible.  Recommendation to on what to buy?  Is there like an 'all in edition' where I can get all the floppies and the cart?  Also...what does the cart do if I have the floppies and/or vice versa?  Like can I just straight up run this off the cartridge?  I definitely want the physical edition, just want to make sure I can actually run the physical edition I order off my system 😃  I just do want to buy all the cool stuff and then have to xfer it to tipi and run the digital edition if I can avoid it -- I need that disk drive grinding away to satiate myself!

The TIPI is the best way to play the game, honestly.

 

Adam

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though the game let's you configure which logical disks store which game volumes.  These could all be separate volumes, or all one volume on TIPI, since space is not a constraint.  So there is flexibility there. 

 

image.thumb.png.962677b9fa38d5fd85dee5b72e4ef1a9.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is ever updated, does a purchase include access to the upgraded version?

Or is it this purchase = this version; new version = new purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I was wondering on average, how many hours does it take to complete the main story?  Been playing it a little today and have really enjoyed it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last tester who completed the game took 191 hours.

 

If new versions are released due to bugs and updates, anyone who purchased the software will get the update, probably through notification via email. If the changes necessitate an alteration to the cartridge ROM that gets a bit trickier but it can be fixed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

The last tester who completed the game took 191 hours.

 

If new versions are released due to bugs and updates, anyone who purchased the software will get the update, probably through notification via email. If the changes necessitate an alteration to the cartridge ROM that gets a bit trickier but it can be fixed.

HOLY SMOKE!! that's awesome.  Sounds like a lot of playtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Adam,

    Way to go on completing this  most ambitious project. This game looks fabulous. I’m especially impressed by the professional packaging and materials that come along with the collector’s edition — awesome!

   I have an original TIPI with JediMatt 32k expansion RAM. Guessing I have a reason to order the SAMs sidecar now. 
   Happy New Year!

       James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks amazing but I am curious why it requires the following:

 

Quote

Editor/Assembler, Extended BASIC or TI-Writer cartridge

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbmeeks said:

This looks amazing but I am curious why it requires the following:

 

 

 

If you don't have a FinalGROM to load the ROM on, you'll need one of those three cartridges to play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Adam looks back in his email, I've been professional nagging since at least 2007 for this game! 😃

My earliest email exchanges (that hotmail didn't decide to loose was 2005) - at that point it was about an Eastern Front Clone for the TI-99/4a. Now, that this little task is out of the way, maybe Eastern Front will make it back to the front burner! 😃

Thanks Adam, you know, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dhe said:

Now, that this little task is out of the way, maybe Eastern Front will make it back to the front burner!

 

I believe I saw some online notes from someone (???) about an Eastern Front clone for the 99/4A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attention all: First bug reported!

 

The scare spell crashes the game. I've already got a fix ready, now I just need to work with Greg on getting it out to the public... or waiting to see if other bugs come up first. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adamantyr said:

If you don't have a FinalGROM to load the ROM on, you'll need one of those three cartridges to play the game.

I have the FinalGROM.  I'm just curious as to what these carts have that the game needs.  🙂

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, so they provide basic code for loading from disk.  I'm new to TI and disks (always used cassettes and carts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

Attention all: First bug reported!

 

The scare spell crashes the game...

So your game basically scares itself to death? 😱👻

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cbmeeks said:

Ah, so they provide basic code for loading from disk.  I'm new to TI and disks (always used cassettes and carts).

you can only load assembly language programs from those original TI carts..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...