IGNORED

New Release: Realms of Antiquity The Shattered Crown

adamantyr

53 minutes ago, fimbulvetr said:

Yeah, one of my characters got disabled by the rat that went weird after it disabled him.

Okay good, that gives me something to work with on a repro. One question, was a monster on top of you when the character was revived, and he appeared in a different square?

Hi Adam.. i played  Roa using classic99 v399.036 with Linux and Windows 10. Now i restarted a game using classic99 with disk and no using data  directory and roa.exe boot. Now i found many bugs.. freeze bug when combat ever is present , after i discovered another little bugs..  1 when i have in inventary and use quarrel, stone or arrow all ok but if i remove arrow or stone and i examine them  show arrow word examined and value of arrow or stone ecc.. go half .. example 200 arrow first and after examine show value  100 arrow.. another problem is the magic book that i purchase in crimson tower Asmusr Book and after i used first time with Hero i give ad another member of party but is no more  possible equip!.. All this bugs are present when use classic under win10. First i write here i tested under linux the books problem and equal.. if you need i send at you my game for look ..   

7 minutes ago, Astharot said:

Hi Adam.. i played  Roa using classic99 v399.036 with Linux and Windows 10. Now i restarted a game using classic99 with disk and no using data  directory and roa.exe boot. Now i found many bugs.. freeze bug when combat ever is present , after i discovered another little bugs..  1 when i have in inventary and use quarrel, stone or arrow all ok but if i remove arrow or stone and i examine them  show arrow word examined and value of arrow or stone ecc.. go half .. example 200 arrow first and after examine show value  100 arrow.. another problem is the magic book that i purchase in crimson tower Asmusr Book and after i used first time with Hero i give ad another member of party but is no more  possible equip!.. All this bugs are present when use classic under win10. First i write here i tested under linux the books problem and equal.. if you need i send at you my game for look ..   

My apologies, Astharot, but I am having trouble understanding what the problem is and what configuration you are using.

5 hours ago, fimbulvetr said:

The monster disabled my character, then moved to the square on top of him. I didn’t revive the character. My other characters could walk through the rat afterwards. I think the disabled character disappeared after the rat went on top of him, but I am not certain. 

Ah there it is. :) Yeah, every turn it was re-asserting a player was disabled, and wiping out the unit value present on the map. That created a situation where attempting to attack the monster made you just move over them instead. I will have a fix in the next build shortly.

2 hours ago, adamantyr said:

My apologies, Astharot, but I am having trouble understanding what the problem is and what configuration you are using.

Sorry for my english.. try i at explain better..

- book Asmusr.. purchase from red tower . i used one time with shard ice from Hero character and ok, after i remove from Hero items inventory and give at paladin, paladin take it and put in section for use it in spellbook zone but cast command no  show! Paladin have book asmusr insert  in speelbook section how looked in item inventory, but the program no recognize it , equal situation for all 4 character that i tested for all the other books everything is ok

-Arrow,Stone problem.. i have arrow or stone equipped ready at use with bow or sling now i remove stone from equipped and have in items inventory now i use 1 option examine on arrow or stone.. if ok show that arrow is used by bow, stone by sling ecc.. but time in time if i do this test the arrow is looked how a  untried potion, exit word revelation and the amount of arrows or stones becomes half. ( this problem is random )

- The problem that the game crashes during a random fight remained, more time when i combat in savage island  maps.

- This problem are present both when I use linux and windows.

Configuration computer linux Ubuntu , windows 10, version of classic99 is 036 i have Roa with save game where is present book bugs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astharot said:

Sorry for my english.. try i at explain better..

- book Asmusr.. purchase from red tower . i used one time with shard ice from Hero character and ok, after i remove from Hero items inventory and give at paladin, paladin take it and put in section for use it in spellbook zone but cast command no  show! Paladin have book asmusr insert  in speelbook section how looked in item inventory, but the program no recognize it , equal situation for all 4 character that i tested for all the other books everything is ok

-Arrow,Stone problem.. i have arrow or stone equipped ready at use with bow or sling now i remove stone from equipped and have in items inventory now i use 1 option examine on arrow or stone.. if ok show that arrow is used by bow, stone by sling ecc.. but time in time if i do this test the arrow is looked how a  untried potion, exit word revelation and the amount of arrows or stones becomes half. ( this problem is random )

- The problem that the game crashes during a random fight remained, more time when i combat in savage island  maps.

- This problem are present both when I use linux and windows.

Configuration computer linux Ubuntu , windows 10, version of classic99 is 036 i have Roa with save game where is present book bugs 

The Librum Asmusr only has combat spells. So there is no cast option in travel mode.

Ammunition should not have an examine option, this will be fixed in an upcoming build.

For game crashes, I need specific examples. Two testers played through the game with no significant crashes. What enemies, how many, at what point did the game crash?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

The Librum Asmusr only has combat spells. So there is no cast option in travel mode.

Ammunition should not have an examine option, this will be fixed in an upcoming build.

For game crashes, I need specific examples. Two testers played through the game with no significant crashes. What enemies, how many, at what point did the game crash?

Ok, two problem fixed.. for freeze problem i give a screen shot ever time happen in mode that you have idea.. thanks Adam

• Like 1

Has anyone had trouble running ROA from TIPI?

I copied the contents of all the disks into a subdirectory on my TIPI (TIPI.GAMES.ROA), but when I tried to run LOAD either straight from XB or from FC via the XB command, I got an IO ERROR 20. If I try to run it from Classic 99 with DSK1 pointing the ROA subdirectory in TIPI (via WiFI), it works just fine...

I have AUTO DSK1 enabled and DSK1 is assigned to the ROA subdirectory on the TIPI.

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

Has anyone had trouble running ROA from TIPI?

I copied the contents of all the disks into a subdirectory on my TIPI (TIPI.GAMES.ROA), but when I tried to run LOAD either straight from XB or from FC via the XB command, I got an IO ERROR 20. If I try to run it from Classic 99 with DSK1 pointing the ROA subdirectory in TIPI (via WiFI), it works just fine...

I have AUTO DSK1 enabled and DSK1 is assigned to the ROA subdirectory on the TIPI.

Are you able to catalog the drive, see the files there? Matthew Splett may be able to assist further. I know the game works with TiPi, it's even the optimal setup for it, so this sounds like more a TiPi configuration issue to solve.

51 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

Are you able to catalog the drive, see the files there? Matthew Splett may be able to assist further. I know the game works with TiPi, it's even the optimal setup for it, so this sounds like more a TiPi configuration issue to solve.

It turned out that the files were converted to v9t9 format when transferred to the TIPI by TI99DIr. Converting them back to TIFILES format solved that issue.

Unfortunately, after the game is done loading, the system just freezes at the load screen (LOADING .....). I tried using different XB flavors with similar results. Loading from FC or directly from XB does not improve things either. Again no issues running from Classic99 with the TIPI folder. Could this be related on the SAMS card even though it does pass the memory tests? 

42 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

It turned out that the files were converted to v9t9 format when transferred to the TIPI by TI99DIr. Converting them back to TIFILES format solved that issue.

Unfortunately, after the game is done loading, the system just freezes at the load screen (LOADING .....). I tried using different XB flavors with similar results. Loading from FC or directly from XB does not improve things either. Again no issues running from Classic99 with the TIPI folder. Could this be related on the SAMS card even though it does pass the memory tests? 

Considering that that bit of loading is placing a lot of data into the SAMS, it might just be a problem there, especially as the different modules loading it have no effect (double check to make sure you don't have a file that's still in V9T9 format though, as that will kill the load process too).

1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

How are you getting files onto the tipi, are you using the wifi option? I'm confused why TI99Dir was needed at all.

A freeze in Loading suggests its either having issues accessing the PRG file or the SAMS card isn't right. You have a standard 1MB card? 

Yes I have a 1Meg card.

I used TI99DIr to transfer to contents of the disks all to one folder on the TIPI. If I copy to disk images directly to the TIPI, then each will be converted to its own directory. Regardless, I tried it both ways and I still have the same issue. I wonder if my SAMS card is still acting up even though it passes all the tests...

1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

How are you getting files onto the tipi, are you using the wifi option? I'm confused why TI99Dir was needed at all.

A freeze in Loading suggests its either having issues accessing the PRG file or the SAMS card isn't right. You have a standard 1MB card? 

I wish I could get WIFI to work on TIPI! Was forced to run a Ethernet cable from my wall thru a switch to the PI on TIPI!

Well if you can use a disk manager program and view the file contents on the disk just fine, it may be a SAMS issue indeed. The loader program loads the contents of the PRG file into memory pages swapping them out in the upper 24K block. When finished it sets to the start module and launches. If for some reason your SAMS card failed to do page swaps it would just overwrite the same memory over and over and fail to start.

40 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

It's the SAMS card. It's no longer passing the tests again. There is something really flaky here with it. On the bright side, ROA now can be an excellent SAMS tester!

I did exactly that with my daily driver SAMS board while I was assembling/testing cartridge boards this weekend. I think I have the load sequence burned into my memory now, as I know exactly what to expect--and when.

• Like 3